Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Working just fine as of now
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I found it in the first place, if you were in the IP addresses out of the United States, you simply couldn't get on AA.com with Firefox. If you were in the US, you were normally fine. This morning, I tried to access AA.com again with Firefox. Same issues. Doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is Firefox really that bad?
Does it work outside the US using IE ?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by cmd320
Looks like the home page has been enhAAnced.
My name on the home screen is bigger, but my ability to select meals on an itin within 30 days is missing, as are the fare class codes.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3M Bonvoy Titanium Elite
No access to reservation details and they all show as being booked in August, even though they are up to 9 months old.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:31 am

I just got off the phone with web services, the fellow I spoke with believes this is a short term issue while they upgrade the website but can't tell me by what date the update will be complete.

To pre-order meals, we'll have to call reservations at the moment. Fare codes and other missing info from the itin screen should return at some point.

Of course, everyone is 'very sorry for any inconvenience caused.'
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I just got off the phone with web services, the fellow I spoke with believes this is a short term issue while they upgrade the website but can't tell me by what date the update will be complete.

To pre-order meals, we'll have to call reservations at the moment. Fare codes and other missing info from the itin screen should return at some point.

Of course, everyone is 'very sorry for any inconvenience caused.'
Yes, this was mentioned in another thread a week or so ago. Pre-order for already booked reservations is down until "sometime in November" we're told. You can call or tweet for your meal request. Pre-order does still work online if you're booking within 30 days and select the meal prior to booking/holding the ticket.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Yes, this was mentioned in another thread a week or so ago. Pre-order for already booked reservations is down until "sometime in November" we're told. You can call or tweet for your meal request. Pre-order does still work online if you're booking within 30 days and select the meal prior to booking/holding the ticket.
Thanks. Missed the other thread, but this is far more info than I was given by web services

I do hope the other little missing things on the website return. I haven't played around much, but in addition to the missing booking class and meal choices, I also can no longer see fare paid or whether it not there will be a meal service on a given flight. I'm hesitant to call in about the meal choices during an extreme weather event, guess I'll leave it until things calm down.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Guys, a lot of those things, e.g. fair paid, booking code etc. you can still see by clicking on "Print trip and receipt".
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Searching for a flight between ORD-MSP around Dec 25: "No flights were found... Please check Where We Fly for airports we serve."
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:33 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aktchi
Searching for a flight between ORD-MSP around Dec 25: "No flights were found... Please check Where We Fly for airports we serve."
It's saturday night. Check back On Sunday afternoon
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:51 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With respect to Sam Cooke

Another Saturday night and I ain't got no options
I got some money 'cause I just got paid
How I wish I had some flights to book
I'm in an awful way

I flew in town a month ago, I seen a lotta flights leave since then
If I could book 'em I could get 'em but as yet I haven't found 'em
That's why I'm in the shape I'm in
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by HNL
It's saturday night. Check back On Sunday afternoon
Or buy it at Orbitz, Expedia etc. However, that is not the point of this thread, rather where AA.com is screwing up.

If something is keeping AA from quoting the fare on Sat night or Wed morning, the page should indicate that. Like, "Our system is temporarily down, please come back later." Instead we get, "Chicago? Minneapolis? Never heard of them!"

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 5, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:02 pm

Is the option to rename itineraries gone?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:51 pm

This has always driven me mad, but tonight, its worse than ever.

I like to add extra legs to my AA flights for obvious reasons. I often fly HOU-ORD, but my preferred route is HOU-DFW-CLT-ORD. Or HOU-CLT-ORD if I have to.

ANYTIME I search this and get a price, I find that the "price has gone up" as I try to purchase. Eventually, I can usually find one that hasn't "risen."

Today, when I search this far, it comes up at 160. But then when I add my details, it goes up to 175. Fine, 175. I click okay to continue with the purchase. Instead of proceeding, it tells me that my fare has changed: to 160! And so on. I'm stuck in an infinity loop of repricing and there's nothing I can do to break it. Or does someone know of a way?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by danielm
This has always driven me mad, but tonight, its worse than ever.

I like to add extra legs to my AA flights for obvious reasons. I often fly HOU-ORD, but my preferred route is HOU-DFW-CLT-ORD. Or HOU-CLT-ORD if I have to.

ANYTIME I search this and get a price, I find that the "price has gone up" as I try to purchase. Eventually, I can usually find one that hasn't "risen."

Today, when I search this far, it comes up at 160. But then when I add my details, it goes up to 175. Fine, 175. I click okay to continue with the purchase. Instead of proceeding, it tells me that my fare has changed: to 160! And so on. I'm stuck in an infinity loop of repricing and there's nothing I can do to break it. Or does someone know of a way?
I've had the loop happen before. It only happened when I did a multi-city (for the same reasons you are.)

BMI-LAX would process correctly.

If I tried to route myself as BMI-ORD-DFW-LAX, it looped. I eventually gave up on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.