Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
According to Twitter AA systems are down nationwide and people can't check in.
apologies-- hadn't seen this tread/post when I posted this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...7-1pm-est.html
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by JonNYC
apologies-- hadn't seen this tread/post when I posted this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...7-1pm-est.html
Deserves a separate thread anyway
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
Deserves a separate thread anyway
Appreciate the understanding-- I always like to acknowledge those who post info first.

In any case, systems coming back up now.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Still problems:

"We are currently experiencing issues with our systems which may impact your ability to login, perform flight searches and complete a reservation request. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try back later or for immediate assistance, contact us."
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:05 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Had a very strange situation today with confirming a reservation that I previously had on hold.

I had a flight for XXX-ZZZ-YYY on, say, March 10, returning on the same route reverse back to XXX on March 20. Had put the reservation on hold yesterday for 24 hours, revenue ticket (all domestic flights). Email confirmation was fine.

Went back into to confirm it today and, like an idiot, didn't look at dates on itinerary. Purchased it and got the ticket confirmation, but the return date had been moved to a random date in April (April 24).

Perplexed, I went back and looked at my original itinerary that I put on hold and I had indeed picked the right return date. There weren't any overnight schedule changes or anything, and it's a pretty simple routing. I had been moved to the identical flights on April 24 from March 20.

Called American and they agreed to void the transaction and allow me to start over, albeit at a higher price now since the fare went up (about $32).

I just don't understand what went wrong - somehow the computer randomly barfed up my itinerary for the wrong dates. Odd.

Agent, of course, pled ignorance of any malfeasance on their side. And I'm not about to raise a complaint over $32. But it left me scratching my head!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We all can only imagine what will happen on Oct. 17th and thereafter. Let's keep fingers crossed.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We all can only imagine what will happen on Oct. 17th and thereafter. Let's keep fingers crossed.
I have a trip that spans 10/15-10/18 coming up. Planning to not book on AA. I don't have time for merger nonsense.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:09 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
I have a trip that spans 10/15-10/18 coming up. Planning to not book on AA. I don't have time for merger nonsense.
Me too, and I'm on edge about it. Thinking I should have booked Delta, which was both cheaper and nonstop in the market I'm flying that week. Hoping it goes smoothly.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by cmd320
People still use IE?
Assuming Google really is serious about going down the same road of dropping support for insecure setups, the number of browsers you'll be able to use is going to keep dropping

Originally Posted by dll
Me too, and I'm on edge about it. Thinking I should have booked Delta, which was both cheaper and nonstop in the market I'm flying that week. Hoping it goes smoothly.
I also have to fly during the transition period. But luckily things worked out that I can make the mileage for a DL status match if I start it October 1, so I won't be flying AA/US that week
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Can't do a booking right now. Stl-SJU 12/19-27. Caught in a repricing loop. Fare goes up $46, press continue, fare goes down $46. Repeat on multiple platforms, same result. As of 14:10 GMT-5
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: WFBF
On Sunday, trying to get my BPs for Monday morning, completed OLCI and had BPs emailed. Links in email just popped a blank page saying "American Airlines boarding pass", and attempting to get them through OLCI just got an endless loop of "We were unable to check you in online".

Finally got BPs at the airport.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to say that AA.com has become a miserable experience. For me it has officially taken the title from DL.com for "worst major airline website." I can't remember the last time I was able to complete a booking without some kind of error, failure, discrepancy, or problem. I was so frustrated with it last night I booked a flight to BOS on UA instead.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
The site is so excruciatingly slow! All I'm trying to do is change a seat and I can't do it. After things finally load, I just get error messages. Major fail on AA's part.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I'm having no problem. Are you saying you haven't been able to connect to AA with Firefox for more than a day ?
I found it in the first place, if you were in the IP addresses out of the United States, you simply couldn't get on AA.com with Firefox. If you were in the US, you were normally fine. This morning, I tried to access AA.com again with Firefox. Same issues. Doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is Firefox really that bad?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the home page has been enhAAnced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.