Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by shaferz
I've had the loop happen before. It only happened when I did a multi-city (for the same reasons you are.)

BMI-LAX would process correctly.

If I tried to route myself as BMI-ORD-DFW-LAX, it looped. I eventually gave up on it.
Good to know I'm not the only one! Have you ever booked that routing successfully? I have flown iah dfw clt ord a few times now, so I was surprised I couldn't book it!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by danielm
This has always driven me mad, but tonight, its worse than ever.

I like to add extra legs to my AA flights for obvious reasons. I often fly HOU-ORD, but my preferred route is HOU-DFW-CLT-ORD. Or HOU-CLT-ORD if I have to.

ANYTIME I search this and get a price, I find that the "price has gone up" as I try to purchase. Eventually, I can usually find one that hasn't "risen."

Today, when I search this far, it comes up at 160. But then when I add my details, it goes up to 175. Fine, 175. I click okay to continue with the purchase. Instead of proceeding, it tells me that my fare has changed: to 160! And so on. I'm stuck in an infinity loop of repricing and there's nothing I can do to break it. Or does someone know of a way?
I think it's something wrong with CLT in multi city itineraries because nothing I try that includes CLT will work.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:15 pm

Usually book AAward over the phone.
Trying to book a ticket today. The website is HORRIBLE.

"System Down", "Our System" is having trouble, over and over.

Feel sorry for others than have to work this site regularly.

What a Mess!

Keep getting kick completely out, and you are not "easily" able to view your ticket price, and NOT AT ALL if you booked with an AAgent.

What's the big secret about your ticket price?

Absolutely HORRIBLE!

Last edited by zznoname; Oct 10, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Went online in an attempt to book a flight for this Thursday.

View available seats... System error

Meal selection... System error

Hold... System error

Frustrating enough that I went to UA and purchased my F ticket there instead, ticket was issued immediately, seats were chosen, but of course, the meal could not be (like living in the stone ages... ).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Firefox 41 is complaining that aa.com only supports RC4 for its encryption. Apparently RC4 is no longer considered secure so Firefox and other web browsers plan to remove support for RC4 in Jan 2016 now that > 99% of websites offer/support something better than RC4. As a test I tried to manually disable RC4 support and confirmed I couldn't connect to aa.com via https.

So, people might want to avoid upgrading their web browsers in 2016 unless/until AA is improve (though the following suggests AA really needs to bug Akamai to get their act together):

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/anal...s=23.41.189.41
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by armus
Firefox 41 is complaining that aa.com only supports RC4 for its encryption. Apparently RC4 is no longer considered secure so Firefox and other web browsers plan to remove support for RC4 in Jan 2016 now that > 99% of websites offer/support something better than RC4. As a test I tried to manually disable RC4 support and confirmed I couldn't connect to aa.com via https.

So, people might want to avoid upgrading their web browsers in 2016 unless/until AA is improve (though the following suggests AA really needs to bug Akamai to get their act together):

As a non-techi, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but I can't imagine that AA will allow at least 33% of its customers to be unable to access their website and conduct their normal transactions.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Fare class

Kinda a dumb question, but since AA redesigned the 'Your Trips' page, I don't see where I can find the fare class. Am I missing something? Any idea where I can find it for a booked itinerary? :-)
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by armus

The bigger problem is that there are at least 4 different CVE's about RC4 SSL. RC4 is VERY vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks. I'd make the argument that someone could very easily eavesdrop on encrypted communication between a browser and aa.com if motivated to do so (This means credit card numbers, travel plans, AAdvantage account passwords, etc).

I'm not sure if anyone from AA IT reads this board, but if I was in charge of security, I'd be pushing toward supporting a modern cipher and turning off RC4. The only modern systems that require RC4 are IE versions BELOW 6 and most old Android phones. Web servers can negotiate the most secure cipher available. It's asinine that AA's IT department would only support what's arguably the most insecure cipher.

Their certificate chain also has an SHA-1 root, which is a whole other can of worms.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kesco
Kinda a dumb question, but since AA redesigned the 'Your Trips' page, I don't see where I can find the fare class. Am I missing something? Any idea where I can find it for a booked itinerary? :-)
Not missing anything. They're just streamlining it to make it easier to screw customers into buying "up fares" then surprising them with economy seats.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by josmul123
The bigger problem is that there are at least 4 different CVE's about RC4 SSL. RC4 is VERY vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks. I'd make the argument that someone could very easily eavesdrop on encrypted communication between a browser and aa.com if motivated to do so (This means credit card numbers, travel plans, AAdvantage account passwords, etc).

I'm not sure if anyone from AA IT reads this board, but if I was in charge of security, I'd be pushing toward supporting a modern cipher and turning off RC4. The only modern systems that require RC4 are IE versions BELOW 6 and most old Android phones. Web servers can negotiate the most secure cipher available. It's asinine that AA's IT department would only support what's arguably the most insecure cipher.

Their certificate chain also has an SHA-1 root, which is a whole other can of worms.
What you're saying makes absolutely NO sense to 99% of he people who access AA.cnm. Quit the tekkii talk and just speak to the rest of us. Is using Firefox or IE a problem with accessing AA.com? It seems like few people are having problems. In NON-TEKKI language, please tell us how any changes to AA.com might affect our access to our accounts and making reservations. No more chat about RC4. Just speak plain English. Am I going to have a problem using Firefox 41.0.2 for routine transactions?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
It's not about changes to AA.com, it's about changes to web browsers to no longer support a very insecure way to communicate with websites. A website can offer several different ways to encrypt traffic (i.e., talk secretly to prevent eavesdropping). AA.com only supports 1 method, and that method is very insecure. Once web browsers drop support for that insecure method then people using those web browsers might have problems using AA.com. In the meantime a 3rd party can potentially eavesdrop on your use of AA.com.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What you're saying makes absolutely NO sense to 99% of he people who access AA.cnm. Quit the tekkii talk and just speak to the rest of us. Is using Firefox or IE a problem with accessing AA.com? It seems like few people are having problems. In NON-TEKKI language, please tell us how any changes to AA.com might affect our access to our accounts and making reservations. No more chat about RC4. Just speak plain English. Am I going to have a problem using Firefox 41.0.2 for routine transactions?
If you look past the acronyms, I think it was pretty clear and written in English. No reason to get angry or rude. My response was directed at someone who had posted an ssllabs.com report for aa.com and hence probably understood perfectly what I was talking about. The first sentence was dense, but all I was saying is there are "at least 4 documented vulnerabilities" with the technology American Airlines is using to secure their site and that they should upgrade.

Very soon, web browsers will drop support for this technology, which will mean a FUTURE version of your beloved Firefox browser will refuse to access aa.com unless they upgrade aa.com to not use this old, vulnerable technology. Many website administrators have already upgraded to use other technologies in place of RC4 to ensure their users will be able to continue accessing their site with future browser versions. AA will need to do the same, and they probably already should have... Like years ago.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
AA.com @ 9:30 EDT

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.aa.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

...trying to purchase a ticket - where the price has gone down since earlier in the week - before the morning
fare load!

Was Firefox > going to Chrome

Last edited by nycatl; Oct 23, 2015 at 7:42 am
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Can't change seats on LUS flights. Apparently AA.com also never requested my UPGs during booking for my LUS flights after calling the EXP desk, even though they were auto requested during booked and noted as requested in my reservation.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Can't change seats on LUS flights. Apparently AA.com also never requested my UPGs during booking for my LUS flights after calling the EXP desk, even though they were auto requested during booked and noted as requested in my reservation.
Sounds like a mixed itinerary that was booked pre-10/17 when this was a known bug, regardless of which side the actual ticket was issued from. The only way to get on the upgrade list was at the airport. Plenty of discussion about this scattered around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.