Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:41 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It'a Saturday night in the US which is when AA loads schedules and changes to schedules. This causes flights to appear and disappear from the system. Check back tomorrow and the flights will be there as expected.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
It'a Saturday night in the US which is when AA loads schedules and changes to schedules. This causes flights to appear and disappear from the system. Check back tomorrow and the flights will be there as expected.
Thank you, HNL. I'll check back in the morning.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by eightmillionmiler
Selecting meals but save button just repeats menu - if I cancel none of the meal choices are saved.
I have the same issue - my meal choices dont take and when I press save it justs sits there! I cant believe this has been an issue for so long - any ideas how to get your meal choice to take?

aks120
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aks120
I have the same issue - my meal choices dont take and when I press save it justs sits there! I cant believe this has been an issue for so long - any ideas how to get your meal choice to take?

aks120
Happens to me all the time. Usually if I try again a few hours later or the next day, it works.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:55 pm

Just encountered an odd glitch where I put a reservation on hold, tried to select seats, and received an error message. When I looked at my account, I had two identical reservations with different record locators, one expiring tonight at 11:59PM and one expiring tomorrow at 11:59pm. I cancelled the one expiring tonight, and was then able to select seats on the other one. Anyone else run into this?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: free agent
aa.com seems up on bricks again this morning. "Please Start Over" or "Internal Server Error" after logging in, then doing a flight search.

As boring as the US site is/was, at least it was functional in that you could actually buy flights on it. The AA website is an absolute pile of crap.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I'm having a lot of problems, too - I can't even log in any more. All I'm trying to do is to claim missing partner miles, though, so nothing urgent. I wouldn't like to be in need of a ticket right now.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm really liking the US Airways booking site a lot more. Cannot seem to get any booking through on aa.com today - and I need to book today.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:03 am

aa.com is "down for maintenance" can't do anything period, hopefully comes back online soon...
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:24 pm

Anyone having problems booking flights today? I've been trying for the last 1.5 hours and still keep getting the same message after I enter my payment info and click checkout:

"System Error
This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again."

On my debit card statement, it shows numerous pending transactions from AA but does not show a dollar amount like it should. I called AA and was told the transaction didn't process and to try again. Oddly enough, the AA app on my phone shows I have an upcoming trip and at one point, showed that I have 2 trips.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by connorc
Anyone having problems booking flights today? I've been trying for the last 1.5 hours and still keep getting the same message after I enter my payment info and click checkout:

"System Error
This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again."

On my debit card statement, it shows numerous pending transactions from AA but does not show a dollar amount like it should. I called AA and was told the transaction didn't process and to try again. Oddly enough, the AA app on my phone shows I have an upcoming trip and at one point, showed that I have 2 trips.
Be sure to call them and give them the PNR numbers of the two trips showing on the app. They only give you 24 hours to cancel if it's a non-refundable fare.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:20 pm
JBD

The "Change Seats" button is gone from my reservation.

It now only has a link to "Create Notification".

I haven't checked this reservation in about a week.

Anyone else encountering this?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Yep. No change seats available on my reservations either...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: free agent
I was unable to select my meal today. Hope there's an omelette left for me. :/ #FirstWorldClassProblems
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Yep. No change seats available on my reservations either...
In my case, it seems that all reservations not made on AA.com no longer have the change seat link. Reservations made on AA.com still have the link. Hopefully just a temporary issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.