Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:40 pm

Account not available. Maybe all the IRROPs issues broke the system?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Interesting -- similar problems are being reported over on the DL board: trouble logging in, accessing/viewing itineraries (although this seems to be a common issue on AA), timeouts....
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
At 3:10 pm EST, I can login, check future itns.--even though at the top of the page, the message reads:

Access to your AAdvantage account information is currently unavailable. This may impact your ability to Login, book AAdvantage award travel and enroll in Admirals Club. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need assistance during this time, you may contact us.

Maybe they fixed the problem--but don't know that they did.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
Same issue here. Very slow as well.

FYI..my reservation change timed out but it did ticket so be careful of doing it multiple times.
Same here, waiting for my refund!

Originally Posted by akcae
Interesting -- similar problems are being reported over on the DL board: trouble logging in, accessing/viewing itineraries (although this seems to be a common issue on AA), timeouts....
Our group uses Windstream for voice and internet, they were suffering nationwide issues, could be the relation.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Just logged in. The messge at the top of the website is now gone.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA
I can log in but a ton of mileage information that was there last night is missing.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
US members are having the devil's own time today as well. Systems integration problems? Maybe..
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Why o WHY can't aa.com properly handle the login time-out situation and just dump you to the login screen after your session times out as opposed to the stupid, horrible, unforgivable "invalid state" message you get if you try to continue?

Embarrassing.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA
Why o WHY can't aa.com properly handle the login time-out situation and just dump you to the login screen after your session times out as opposed to the stupid, horrible, unforgivable "invalid state" message you get if you try to continue?

Embarrassing.
On that note why can't they simply allow you to opt-in to a longer sign-in period? Theirs is bafflingly short compared to pretty much every other website, including sites with equally or more sensitive information.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC

Embarrassing.
Originally Posted by chrisremo
On that note why can't they simply allow you to opt-in to a longer sign-in period? Theirs is bafflingly short compared to pretty much every other website, including sites with equally or more sensitive information.
Go hang out at Hilton for a while and you'll think AA's website is light years ahead!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
This is a new one for me.
Have flights tomorrow. When I tried to check-in on AA.com the website wouldn't come up, so I check-in myself and two family members traveling on the same PNR using the iOS app.

AA.com is now working and shows that myself and the 2 others have checked-in. However, when I click the "VIEW BOARDING PASS" link it comes back with two errors:

"We are unable to complete your request. The scheduled departure time of your connecting flight must be less than 24 hours from the current date/time in order to reprint your boarding pass(es). Please check-in with an agent at the airport."
"Please go to the airport and check in with an agent. We are unable to process your online check-in."

So which is it? Am I checked-in or not? Why can't I get my BPs???
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:19 am

Is anyone having trouble booking atm? I have tried twice and after entering my card details and going to the next page the transaction fails.
My bank says both times a charge of 0.00 went through.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I can't even log in to check in for my flights tomorrow. They are obviously having some issues today.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I've been trying to add my Alaska Mileage Plan # to my ticketed reservations for the entire day now, but all I keep getting is:

System Error
This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:06 pm

IF you make a reservation with about 24 days to spare...all of a sudden the website wont be avaialble to enter in information such as passport information, nationality etc..and as soon a sit is an hour less than the 21 days ---boom it is available they charge you an additional $75 to "expedite the ticket delviery" THIS IS ILLEGAL /......../ BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS. this is a damn tricky way to jack up fees on the traveling public and should be stopped. is there an attorney reading this...class action lawsuit here could be substantial, as i have seen this over and over in web search sites

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.