Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:57 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rikramer
I'm trying to figure out where the option is to change the name, but I do not see it. Do you happen to know how to do this?
When I'm on aa.com, I click into any reservation. Just to the right of the AA record locator is the Reservation Name in an editable text box. I just type whatever I want into the box and click the dark grey "Change" button just to the right of it.

(I think I recall that if I booked from a third-party - like my corporate travel portal - then, I couldn't change the reservation name on AA.com)
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by JY1024
When I'm on aa.com, I click into any reservation. Just to the right of the AA record locator is the Reservation Name in an editable text box. I just type whatever I want into the box and click the dark grey "Change" button just to the right of it.

(I think I recall that if I booked from a third-party - like my corporate travel portal - then, I couldn't change the reservation name on AA.com)
I have one AA.com-ticketed trip where I can do that. However, a NRT-JL-ORD-AA-DCA award booking (Obviously, ticketed over the phone.) does not allow me to change the reservation name.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
I can't seem to book any economy fare from ORD - SGN, EWR - SGN, PHL - SGN for April 2015. I've been trying all day... The site keep showing the fare, but after I selected both flights, It kept telling the fare was no longer available... can anyone help? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by quanh79
I can't seem to book any economy fare from ORD - SGN, EWR - SGN, PHL - SGN for April 2015. I've been trying all day... The site keep showing the fare, but after I selected both flights, It kept telling the fare was no longer available... can anyone help? Thanks!
Although it is fine to discuss AA.com's deficiencies for general information and amusement, let's not forget that when we want to travel there are many OTAs who will book the ticket. Good luck!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by mtkeller
I have one AA.com-ticketed trip where I can do that. However, a NRT-JL-ORD-AA-DCA award booking (Obviously, ticketed over the phone.) does not allow me to change the reservation name.
Maybe it's JL. I have an award booked from BKK via NRT on JL that has no info in it except the record locators and the message "Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com." When I tried to email it to myself, the spots where the flights should be just show [null]. I can't edit the trip name either.

It's ticketed, but has had that message for the last 2 weeks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:14 pm

cannot seem to access aa.com @ 10.14pm EST.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:26 pm

seemed to be up now.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Could not ticket a BA US AA award reservation on aa.com tonight. Kept receiving an invalid st a te error message. Called Web services, they could not ticket either, but waived agent fees and sent me to a res agent who was finally able to ticket. It's a business class award with a u US booking code but the label says economy. A work in process, I won't even say progress
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
Tried looking but haven't seen this particular one in this thread going back a few pages:

"Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations."

There was originally a problem with my flights (LGA - ORF - JFK - LAX - JFK), likely caused due to the inbound LAX - JFK SWUs clearing (therefore having two flights listed) which had a couple of knock-on effects -- which a great guy named James (?) on the EXP Desk helped clear up and reticket everything.

I *had* been able to see the reservation on the website after that but no longer...

Any thoughts? Just a hiccup and will return to normal eventually?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by dp4m
Tried looking but haven't seen this particular one in this thread going back a few pages:

"Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations."

There was originally a problem with my flights (LGA - ORF - JFK - LAX - JFK), likely caused due to the inbound LAX - JFK SWUs clearing (therefore having two flights listed) which had a couple of knock-on effects -- which a great guy named James (?) on the EXP Desk helped clear up and reticket everything.

I *had* been able to see the reservation on the website after that but no longer...

Any thoughts? Just a hiccup and will return to normal eventually?
I had the same problem after I had called AA and made just a small flight change. I had to call Web Services and they quickly fixed something in the reservation so I could view it on AA.com
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:06 am

AA Website Problems

Is anybody else having issues making reservations on the aa.com website? I'm getting timeouts and getting logged out constantly. I also logged in just now and saw my mileage balance set to 0.

Last edited by ShortDog; Feb 2, 2015 at 11:16 am
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Same issue here. Very slow as well.

FYI..my reservation change timed out but it did ticket so be careful of doing it multiple times.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
The website says access to account information is unavailable. It does not say why.

"Access to your AAdvantage account information is currently unavailable. This may impact your ability to Login, book AAdvantage award travel and enroll in Admirals Club. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need assistance during this time, you may contact us"

How about we spend a few hours speculating. I say it is due to FM.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:50 am

Everything is down. Tried call and waited almost 2 hours before hanging up. US elite flying tomorrow and there is nobody that can help me -- what a huge problem with this joke of an airline.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
It was a little slow for me, but i managed to ticket one about 30 minutes ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.