Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:15 am

Anyone else still having issues looking for flights on or around 7/4? Have had 3 major schedule changes in the past 3 weeks on my BTR-YQB reservation and was trying to look for options on AA but no DFW-BTR flights are showing up on 7/4. Might just have to stick with US this time
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I had a number of schedule changes for my Mid-July itinerary between Mia and lax. While aa.com was only showing a couple of flights between Mia and lax, us airways website was showing the full new schedule of aa flights. but with the flights 'sold out'. I used the info from the Us Airways website to call aa and they happily rebooked me onto more suitable timings than the ones I had been rescheduled to.
All the flights are now showing as available to book on aa.com and the us airways website.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: LH HON
Cannot access my reservation anymore after my upgrade on the inbound flight has cleared.

"We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time."
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:32 am

aa.com extremely buggy 4/17 AM

Continual "invalid state errors" cant see any flight availability. Anyone else ?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
This morning seat maps were not available and I couldn't select seats on a new booking. Just a data point; my flights are months away, so we'll be fine.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Site was getting into some wonky state and logging me out during attempt to book this morning, not due to timing out or use of Back button. Filed complaint with webmaster and discarded notion of travel on AA over Memorial Day weekend.

Tried two different browsers, same result. Your loss AA.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:02 am

Just off the phone with web services. Problem diagnosed as windows 8 / 64 running ie 10 is broken. will run in compatibility mode until the site realizes it then it bounces you out to an "invalid state error"
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Go over to USAIRWAYS.COM and it will book

Now that systems are 'more' merged, USAIRWAYS is showing more AA flights than it used to, and pricing seems to be the same. I too was getting the INVALID STATE msg on AA.COM from noonish Friday thru last night. After selecting flights, my profile info would come up, I'd select CONTINUE and the INVALID STATE SYSTEM ERROR would pop up. I haven't checked this am, as I did the following to book my flights.

I went over to USAIRWAYS.COM, logged in with my AA credentials, purchased the ticket. It shows up in MY TRIPS on AA.COM as well and I can select seats on the AA operated segments (first two of the itinerary).
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
2015 AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

If I don't re select the remember me box when logging in the next time I return I have to re enter everything. This is with Firefox. Annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

TW
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind
If I don't re select the remember me box when logging in the next time I return I have to re enter everything. This is with Firefox. Annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

TW
No. Works just fine for me.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I've been trying to make a booking for several hours. Get to the screen where you enter your info and when I hit continue it says this portion of the system is unavailable. Getting frustrated because the itinerary I want is at a great price and I need to put in hold while someone else makes sure she can coordinate flights with me.

Twelve hours later and still can't book a flight on AA.com. And since I need to put it on hold, using another method won't help.

Last edited by wrp96; Apr 20, 2015 at 8:09 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
I've been trying to make a booking for several hours. Get to the screen where you enter your info and when I hit continue it says this portion of the system is unavailable. Getting frustrated because the itinerary I want is at a great price and I need to put in hold while someone else makes sure she can coordinate flights with me.

Twelve hours later and still can't book a flight on AA.com. And since I need to put it on hold, using another method won't help.
To add to this, I was able to book another trip, but the trip I've been trying to book since yesterday it still won't let me book (I've tried different flights, etc). It fails right after the passenger info screen. Apparently AA does not want to fly me to NYC.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
To add to this, I was able to book another trip, but the trip I've been trying to book since yesterday it still won't let me book (I've tried different flights, etc). It fails right after the passenger info screen. Apparently AA does not want to fly me to NYC.
Having the exact same issue, also flying to NYC (MCO-MIA-JFK in late May to be specific). I've been trying for two days now and after the passenger info page I get the:

System Error
This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again.
Perhaps this is AA telling me I should just book F on DL or UA...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
Having the exact same issue, also flying to NYC (MCO-MIA-JFK in late May to be specific). I've been trying for two days now and after the passenger info page I get the:

Perhaps this is AA telling me I should just book F on DL or UA...
I used multi-city and was finally able to put some flights on hold. Not the exact ones I originally wanted but for $50 less I can hang out at LGA for a few more hours on the way home. Now just waiting to find out if my travel companion likes these flights.

Tried calling web services but after 15 minutes on hold gave up.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I used multi-city and was finally able to put some flights on hold. Not the exact ones I originally wanted but for $50 less I can hang out at LGA for a few more hours on the way home. Now just waiting to find out if my travel companion likes these flights.

Tried calling web services but after 15 minutes on hold gave up.
Thanks for the MC tip! Just booked what I wanted at the same price via MC sorted by schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.