Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Complimentary Drink and Snack in AA Main Cabin for Executive Platinum, oneworld Emerald and Concierge Key

from post #357 by flight62, 4 Oct 2015:

Beginning October 17 (2015), Executive Platinum and Concierge Key customers (EP/KEY) traveling in the Main Cabin on former LUS metal may select any complimentary food item from the MarketPlace menu, including snack boxes and fresh food offerings on applicable flights.

The recognition benefit will then be fully aligned on both carriers to include: À la carte snacks, snack boxes, fresh meals, beer, spirits and non-premium wine.

Enhancements will be introduced to the MyFlight application on your tablet in early November which will allow you to identify customer frequent flier status. Until then, reference final paperwork per current procedures. It is important that you continue to use the “EP/KEY” complimentary reason code to record these transactions. This step ensures we provision adequate inventory to support the program.

Thank you for recognizing our most valued customers for their loyalty to American through this expanded benefit.
AAdvantage Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey® members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage and one snack flying in Main Cabin (or MCE) on American Airlines or American Eagle. Undocumented, but in the Flight Attendant manual, it seems to include all oneworld Emerald members; see below.

Internal AA documentation specifies (shown in reverse status order):

Complimentary Items

Executive Platinum or Concierge Key:
  • One comp drink
  • One comp food-for-sale item
AAirpass:
  • 2 comp drinks, which may be served to the cardholder and/or companion
  • 1 comp pair of earbuds, or 2 pairs if traveling with a companion
  • 1 comp food-for-sale item, 2 items if traveling with a companion
Language (Dec 2014) from the AA website:

Originally Posted by American Airlines

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US

Refresh and Relax

AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and ConciergeKeySM members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin on board American Airlines, American Eagle®, US Airways, and US Airways Express. The snack on American includes any food item on our menu. The snack on US Airways includes any item from our à la carte menu.

Here's What You Do

At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey membership card. It's that simple!

What's on the Menu

We continue to revitalize our menu items to deliver an array of fresh and convenient sweet and savory snacks and meals on board our flights. This includes items* such as a chicken Caesar salad or one of our premium sandwiches – both served with chips. You can also treat yourself with hand crafted cookies, a fruit and cheese plate, or a gourmet blend of spiced nuts – which can be perfectly paired with a domestic or imported ice cold beer, a red or white wine from select California and international wineries, or an alcoholic beverage of your choice.

*Eligible customers may select any snack available on board any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.

Post editor's emphases.

*Standard alcoholic beverage is one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine. Items may vary.

NOTE: an AA FA (see Post 249) says:

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Actually OWE is listed in our policies to receive a comp ala carte snack and beverage as well as CP, ExPLT and Concierge Key. They are all listed on our manifest as OWE

To view the archived thread/discussion, please see here: ARCHIVE: Free Wine drink and/or minor snack for EXP in Mainline Y

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Other Stuff
Sorry if this is too off subject, but I recently heard on an Eagle flight that if you have F on another flight you get this same benefit, but I can't seem to find the details.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyjackjack
Sorry if this is too off subject, but I recently heard on an Eagle flight that if you have F on another flight you get this same benefit, but I can't seem to find the details.
Here is a thread with some information

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-pillows.html
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
I'm not EXP but have an anecdote from my flight this morning on AA1047. I was seated in exit row and a gentleman across the aisle identified himself as 'EXP' and asked if the FA had any breakfast items available. She responded in the affirmative, listing what was available, both fresh and snacks, and gave him his request, along with two minis of the alcohol he requested, whiskey I believe. What surprised me is that the FA simply took his word for the status declaration. As I was on the aisle (C) and he was in F of same row, it was easy to hear the conversation and I was interested, being new to AA this year.

Nice service ^
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
The manifest identifies EXPs, so odds are the FA already knew he was one.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
The manifest identifies EXPs, so odds are the FA already knew he was one.
Or confirmed it surreptitiously while he wasn't looking . There were a few complaints on FT about FAs not believing that one is "EXP". It's better customer service to trust but verify.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Yep, being used to UA, and being a 1K there for many years, I'm very familiar with the manifests and did not see one on the cart, as well as the FA answering the inquiry as if she did not have any such information; for a moment, she seemed a bit confused, then recovered, all the while maintaining eye contact with the customer. As she was standing right over me, it was easy to observe the interaction. I thought the two minis was a nice touch, since I believe that is outside of policy. The customer wanted to see a sample of what they were serving (the alcohol) before ordering so I presume they had a preference.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Complimentary alcohol on American Eagle for Platinums?

Does this perk still exist. I was on an AE flight from MIA to JAX and inquired and the FA told me it is only for Executive Platinums. Perhaps the rules changed and I didn't notice.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:40 am

Off of AA's website, i don't see anything about platinum, but could be missing it:

Refresh and Relax

AAdvantage Executive Platinum® and ConciergeKeySM members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks or meals, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin onboard American Airlines and American Eagle.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
The perk ended for Platinums on American Eagle in 2011, if I recall correctly. There was a period where Platinums and Executive Platinums were able to get a complimentary drink and snack on Eagle flights - but sometime in mid to late 2011, the benefit was changed to only provide the snack/drinks to Executive Platinums. I recall a FA tellling me it was to align with mainline, as mainline extended the perk to EXP and CK and there was a desire not to have confusion with Eagle offering a benefit to Plats/EXPs while mainline only offering it to EXPs.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Thanks all

Thank you for the clarificAAtion.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:37 pm

If you're connecting to or from a first class flight, you still get a drink+snack item.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Only for EXP.
It states on menu, one free beverage AND anything from menu. Just show them boarding pass or card.
But interesting thing is when I ask for both, the FA punches in to her little handheld and it automatically lets her know no charge, EXP.
This benefit has been extended to my companion and kids. Had two trips, one award, another revenue with 4 segments. On each leg FA gave my family benefits.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:13 am

This seems to me to be a new friendlier AA. Flying last Sunday in Y with no status wife and I asked for 2 orange juices. After serving them the FA handed us each a vodka gratis so we could make screwdrivers. Later my wife was hungry and asked to buy some trailmix. When she handed the Aavantage Platinum credit card to pay the FA said "You're Platinum so no charge!"
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Robl
This seems to me to be a new friendlier AA. Flying last Sunday in Y with no status wife and I asked for 2 orange juices. After serving them the FA handed us each a vodka gratis so we could make screwdrivers. Later my wife was hungry and asked to buy some trailmix. When she handed the Aavantage Platinum credit card to pay the FA said "You're Platinum so no charge!"
It sounds like the FA needs training on which passengers get the free stuff.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Yesterday the FA informed me that I didn't have to pay for my drink and snack as I was EXP. I'm actually BA Gold so a One World Emerald but I was surprised that she was proactive. Normally I have to ask if I'm entitled (and to my reading of the AA page I'm not but my equivalent status seems to be flagged on the manifest in some way).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.