FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1324584-complimentary-drink-snack-economy-exp-ck-consolidated.html)

FLLUAFlyer Mar 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Guess now it is "official"

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/complimentary.jsp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

2014: policy has been modified to include US Airways and US Airways Express. PLEASE SEE WIKI FOR UPDATES.

13 March 2012: Official email announcement from AA, along with new web page: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/complimentary.jsp

A few relevant passages from the site:

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US
AAdvantage Executive Platinum® and ConciergeKey® members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks or meals, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin onboard American Airlines and American Eagle.

*Eligible customers may select any snack or meal available onboard any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.

Here's What You Do
At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey® membership card. It's that simple!

To view the archived thread/discussion, please see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html

AA Forum Moderators

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Mar 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by CVCONDE (Post 18192738)

Yes, I just got the same email.:cool: So now it is a stated benefit and no reason why a FA should refuse a request or act like they have no idea of what we are talking about.

SFO777 Mar 13, 2012 12:10 pm

^

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 18192750)
...no reason why a FA should refuse a request or act like they have no idea of what we are talking about.

Not necessarily. Probably a good idea to print and carry a copy, just in case.

JY1024 Mar 13, 2012 12:13 pm

I just got the email with that announcement. My jaw dropped, and I almost fell out of my chair! :eek:

Finally - an official announcements...hopefully we won't have too many members reporting back with the usual "the FA on my flight didn't know about the benefit and tried to swipe my EXP card through the card reader" stories.

I'll get the mod note in the OP updated shortly. /Moderator

BlissWorld Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Excellent! ^

Ord Liza Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm

The email says "we are pleased to remind you"; I found this amusing both because it was an unpublished benefit and because I don't feel like I was the one who needed to be reminded! Perhaps it was distributed to the FA's at the same time...

Cofyknsult Mar 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Let us just hope it is not a prelude to some other EXP devaluation or a gesture to soften the blow. Not that I like looking cynical but I do not take for granted the idea of AA being nice for the sake of being nice.

Of course, this happening the week of DL having its major expansion ever at LGA might be a reason; I wonder whether the email was sent system-wide or primarily to residents of the NY area.

sensei Mar 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult (Post 18192994)
Of course, this happening the week of DL having its major expansion ever at LGA might be a reason; I wonder whether the email was sent system-wide or primarily to residents of the NY area.

Since I am in Chicago, it seems this was sent systemwide...

SFO777 Mar 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Let us just hope it is not a prelude to some other EXP devaluation or a gesture to soften the blow. Not that I like looking cynical but I do not take for granted the idea of AA being nice for the sake of being nice.

Cynical indeed. I doubt AA is going to devalue EXP (other than the glut of new EXPs from DEQM promotions) at least prior to exiting BK.

I wonder whether the email was sent system-wide or primarily to residents of the NY area.

I received it and my address is SFO.

FLLUAFlyer Mar 13, 2012 1:07 pm

This is a preemptive move by AA to soften the blow when they announce EXPs will no longer get free domestic upgrades! So instead of enjoying your snack/beverage in F, you can now enjoy it in Y! :D

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Supposely AA reviews posts on FT for feedback. So maybe after more than 900 posts to this thread AA finally realized it needed to make (or not make) this a published benefit.

jlin011 Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Same here, my home airport is LAX.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by CVCONDE (Post 18193263)
This is a preemptive move by AA to soften the blow when they announce EXPs will no longer get free domestic upgrades! So instead of enjoying your snack/beverage in F, you can now enjoy it in Y! :D

Heh. I'm hoping to not have to take advantage of this benefit.

nrr Mar 13, 2012 7:17 pm

now its "official" free food and drink in y for exps

I just received an email, "officially" stating (what we fter's have known (unofficially;)) for a long time): free food and drink item in y for exps.^

austin_modern Mar 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 18195728)
I just received an email, "officially" stating (what we fter's have known (unofficially;)) for a long time): free food and drink item in y for exps.^

can you post the text of said email?