Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Free Wine drink and/or minor snack for EXP in Mainline Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

A colleague of mine just flew an AA minline (not eagle) flight in economy (DFW-ORD), and got his wine for free. Apparently the FA said something about a new program.

Has the eagle program been extended? He's an EXP if it matters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For current discussion post-announcement, please see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...announced.html

13 March 2012: Official email announcement from AA, along with new web page: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/complimentary.jsp

A few relevant passages from the site:

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US
AAdvantage Executive Platinum® and ConciergeKey® members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks or meals, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin onboard American Airlines and American Eagle.

*Eligible customers may select any snack or meal available onboard any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.
Here's What You Do
At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey® membership card. It's that simple!

--------------------------------------------------------
("archived" info)

With thanks to FAAA, for the official policy on mainline AA flights, see:
Post #149
Post #153

With thanks to sluggoaafa, we have an update/FAQ entry (Feb 2011):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15845832-post703.html

and

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa

FA Manual
Inflight/Pre-Landing1.12 Inflight Policies and Procedures
Premium Customer in Coach
Executive Platinum and Concierge Key customers seated in coach are eligible for:
  • On Domestic, Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean, Canada, and short-haul LAM flights (where Food for Sale is scheduled): one free Food for Sale item and one free drink
  • On International Transatlantic, Transpacific, and medium/long-haul LAM flights (where complimentary meals are scheduled): one free drink

During the service, any FA may provide the complimentary item(s) to EP/KEY customers
FA must record these comps using the specified button on the OSR

dated: 15Nov10
do note: Subject to limited availability, could change at any time and without notice.

Please note that there is a separate benefit that applies to American Eagle flights for EXP, PLT, CK, AAirpass, and connecting F/J passengers:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...execplats.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 13, 2012 at 8:06 pm Reason: updated
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
Yes, starting 9/1 EXP in coach can get 1 drink and 1 snack item free. Some folks on the EXP line do not know about this.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
There was a whole thread about this when an FA posted it as a new policy, but I don't see it now.

Anyway, good to know someone read the memo. It's supposed to be a free snack (not the sandwiches) and free adult beverage for EXPs in the back.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
I received my free wine yesterday

on MSP-ORD in coach I asked the FA whether what I had read was true. "Do EXP's get a free alcoholic drink?" She said, "yes that is true" and gave me a free red wine.

Is that confirmation enough?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Originally Posted by skiermsm
Yes, starting 9/1 EXP in coach can get 1 drink and 1 snack item free. Some folks on the EXP line do not know about this.
some flight attendants don't know about it either. AA has never made any announcement/press release to confirm.

I think AA told flight attendants to give all whining or begging EXPs in coach a free drink and snack if they ask. The FA's don't offer it, you "MUST" ask.

We sent two EXP employees on a business trip using 25K coach Advantage awards, they were served complimentary soft drinks twice, then they asked about the freebies and the FA knew nothing about it.

The two employees are newly minted MBA's, ages 24 and 25, they are still learning how to demand and complain.

Fortunately, I'm 84/84 for upgrades this year.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TigerWould
some flight attendants don't know about it either. AA has never made any announcement/press release to confirm.
Nor do AeAgle publish information on a similar scheme for their regional flights; but it is a known benefit.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Apparently, AA was unhappy when this new benefit was discussed prematurely and prior to public rollout, perhaps from a position of internal information released without authorization.

Now we have the documented experiences of FT members and statements made to the public by AA employees after program rollout, not rumors or internal "leaks" - and it's good news for EXPs.

It does indeed look like an extension of existing (undocumented to the public) AE benefit to EXPs, and I also suspect some of us will be asked if we wish to avail ourselves of a glass of wine or a snack, whereas others will request it. No need to whine... even if one does have an MBA and is inexperienced in the "soft arts."

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 3, 2009 at 6:30 pm Reason: argh - sum people reed this - clear typoe
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by JDiver
Apparently, AA was unhappy when this new benefit was discussed prematurely and prior to public rollout, perhaps from a position of internal information released without authorization.

Now we have the documented experiences of FT members and statements made to the public by AA employees after program rollout, not rumors or internal "leaks" - and it's goon dews for EXPs.

It does indeed look like an extension of existing (undocumented to the public) AE benefit to EXPs, and I also suspect some of us will be asked if we wish to avail ourselves of a glass of wine or a snack, whereas others will request it. No need to whine... even if one does have an MBA and is inexperienced in the "soft arts."
I spoke to an AA employee and I was told that all EXP's get the freebee's now. They also have a new program that the FA's are to come and thank each EXP for flying AA, and this is on every flight. Another new program is the eagle rating, if a GA/TA pulls up your profile you get 1,2 or 3 eagles baised on how much travel you do or how much you spend with AA.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by itchief
Another new program is the eagle rating, if a GA/TA pulls up your profile you get 1,2 or 3 eagles baised on how much travel you do or how much you spend with AA.
Now that sounds strange.

How many GAs or TAs have you seen lately who have time to analyze travel profiles? For me, that would be none.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I spoke to an AA employee and I was told that all EXP's get the freebee's now. They also have a new program that the FA's are to come and thank each EXP for flying AA, and this is on every flight. Another new program is the eagle rating, if a GA/TA pulls up your profile you get 1,2 or 3 eagles baised on how much travel you do or how much you spend with AA.
Does each eagle represent a certain amount anyone knows here? Or each eagle for level (gld,plt,exp)?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:32 pm

Wow. We'll see how this implements. (Not holding breath...)

Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Let's try a clean slate.

Last edited by dalm; Sep 3, 2009 at 7:02 pm Reason: I'm a gullible moron.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:37 pm

You can spend it, much like an EQP.

Originally Posted by dalm
What's an "eagle" and what does one do with it?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by JDiver
You can spend it, much like an EQP.
LOL
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:57 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dalm
What's an "eagle" . . .
A damn little white airplane that shows up with increasing frequency on medium and short haul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.