Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Complimentary Drink and Snack in AA Main Cabin for Executive Platinum, oneworld Emerald and Concierge Key

from post #357 by flight62, 4 Oct 2015:

Beginning October 17 (2015), Executive Platinum and Concierge Key customers (EP/KEY) traveling in the Main Cabin on former LUS metal may select any complimentary food item from the MarketPlace menu, including snack boxes and fresh food offerings on applicable flights.

The recognition benefit will then be fully aligned on both carriers to include: À la carte snacks, snack boxes, fresh meals, beer, spirits and non-premium wine.

Enhancements will be introduced to the MyFlight application on your tablet in early November which will allow you to identify customer frequent flier status. Until then, reference final paperwork per current procedures. It is important that you continue to use the “EP/KEY” complimentary reason code to record these transactions. This step ensures we provision adequate inventory to support the program.

Thank you for recognizing our most valued customers for their loyalty to American through this expanded benefit.
AAdvantage Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey® members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage and one snack flying in Main Cabin (or MCE) on American Airlines or American Eagle. Undocumented, but in the Flight Attendant manual, it seems to include all oneworld Emerald members; see below.

Internal AA documentation specifies (shown in reverse status order):

Complimentary Items

Executive Platinum or Concierge Key:
  • One comp drink
  • One comp food-for-sale item
AAirpass:
  • 2 comp drinks, which may be served to the cardholder and/or companion
  • 1 comp pair of earbuds, or 2 pairs if traveling with a companion
  • 1 comp food-for-sale item, 2 items if traveling with a companion
Language (Dec 2014) from the AA website:

Originally Posted by American Airlines

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US

Refresh and Relax

AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and ConciergeKeySM members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin on board American Airlines, American Eagle®, US Airways, and US Airways Express. The snack on American includes any food item on our menu. The snack on US Airways includes any item from our à la carte menu.

Here's What You Do

At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey membership card. It's that simple!

What's on the Menu

We continue to revitalize our menu items to deliver an array of fresh and convenient sweet and savory snacks and meals on board our flights. This includes items* such as a chicken Caesar salad or one of our premium sandwiches – both served with chips. You can also treat yourself with hand crafted cookies, a fruit and cheese plate, or a gourmet blend of spiced nuts – which can be perfectly paired with a domestic or imported ice cold beer, a red or white wine from select California and international wineries, or an alcoholic beverage of your choice.

*Eligible customers may select any snack available on board any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.

Post editor's emphases.

*Standard alcoholic beverage is one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine. Items may vary.

NOTE: an AA FA (see Post 249) says:

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Actually OWE is listed in our policies to receive a comp ala carte snack and beverage as well as CP, ExPLT and Concierge Key. They are all listed on our manifest as OWE

To view the archived thread/discussion, please see here: ARCHIVE: Free Wine drink and/or minor snack for EXP in Mainline Y

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: exp 4.3mm miles
Originally Posted by tom911
I received that, too, but there was an earlier e-mail about this program on March 13 with the title "Refuel and Refresh in the Main Cabin". Sounds like you didn't get that one where it was published officially for the first time.
You are correct. I missed the first announcement. Seems like , even though I don't read them all, there's more frequency of emails from AA. Every other day almost something from AA about a sale travel partners, newsletters, buiness exraa. I do think it's good that AA is being proactive, and with respect to a prelude to a devaluation of exp benefits in the future, I would be totally surprised if that happened during the BK process!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:12 am

Since this says "show your boarding pass"...does that mean this benefit is extended to anyone flying with an EXP?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by igopogo
Since this says "show your boarding pass"...does that mean this benefit is extended to anyone flying with an EXP?
No. EXP Only.

Incidentally, this has worked out great. Had to sit in coach twice since this was officially published on AA.COM and although the FA's didn't have a list with them to immediately acknowledge I was EXP, I just handed them my card when they asked for payment. They seemed to appreciate that as it was an "on the down low" kind of move that didn't raise notice with my neighbors.

It must have been communicated well as prior to this a lot of FA's didn't know the policy well.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:04 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by igopogo
Every once in a while I do see the FA extend the benefit to the EXP's traveling companion*, but that's purely at the FA's discretion. According to the official wording, the benefit should only be granted to the EXP.

(* in the few rare instances I've seen this happen, I or one of my friends/colleagues was the EXP, so I had knowledge of the fact that the traveling companion was not EXP.)
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Is anyone aware of a limit on the number of drinks & snacks?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
One each although again some FAs are more liberal like the one I had flying LIR/DFW in April.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Informal poll:
Since Eagle flights are so short, what's the most amount of alcoholic drinks anyone here has managed to consume on one leg?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazieman
Informal poll:
Since Eagle flights are so short...
PIT-MIA or ORD-YUL. All Y. Not so short.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by krazieman
Informal poll:
Since Eagle flights are so short, what's the most amount of alcoholic drinks anyone here has managed to consume on one leg?
I just did ORD-SLC, not that short!
I wasn't drinking though... I don't much ever drink alcohol except on int'l flights.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by SFO777
PIT-MIA or ORD-YUL. All Y. Not so short.
Just did YUL-ORD and managed to have three beers. I wasn't seeing how many I could down though. FA just kept offering and I kept accepting.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Flew BGI-SJU yesterday on the ATR. Although I was in row 14, the second FA stopped her portion of the drink service, and walked the eight rows over to my seat to greet me, and offer snacks/drinks.

The choice was the trail mix or the single piece of cheese and three crackers. I must have been the only EXP on the flight, or they had plenty of stock, as she brought me both ^

Very attentive throughout the rest of the flight.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
It is theoretically one, but on the ORD-SFO I took this weekend, I got a Heineken. Then, later one of the FAs dropped a Heineken on the floor, and she asked me if I wanted it. I said "Why not?" so she went in back to open it (in case of explosion) and brought it to me. Then after I finished that one the other FA offered more, which at this point I declined. My impression was that there was not a limit other than that dictated by the length of the flight.

I have definitely got the feeling of late that AA management are sending the message down through the ranks that they want their front-line employees to go out of their way to show appreciation for EXPs.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I'm not sure if this is new, but on trans-cons they offer large bottles of wine that usually go along with the cheese tray. These are 375mL (I think) vs the regular 187mL airline mini. The terms of the promotion email indicate 187mL, but I have had luck receiving the big ones when asking nicely.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
On my recent flight to HNL, My Wife (no status) and I were given what seemed an endless amount of items, two rounds of food, 4 rounds of beverages. Upgrades did not clear, so Exit seat plus this service, it was my preview of Main Cabin Extra!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Recognizing EXPs in Coach?

I had a long trip on Sunday from CDG to BOS on a 757. It was in coach.

It was a completely full flight (so good for AA); and my last minute booking (>$2500 RT) landed me in a middle seat that I luckily was able to move at the gate.

I paid for my gin and tonic the first time through, before asking "do EXPs have complimentary drinks?" and got my second round free.

Any recognition of status was absent. Am I confusing AA with AS/BA/AF/KLM in thinking that someone might drop by and say "Welcome" to the Elites in back?

Was this something that went away at some point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.