Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Anduril
LPs posted promptly to my account this morning.
which WSJ subscriptions did you purchase to get 1k LPs?
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by fei3030
which WSJ subscriptions did you purchase to get 1k LPs?
The only offer that was available at the time for 1K LPs. All access digital. I clicked through from the eshopping portal and subbed to what it gave me.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Anduril
The only offer that was available at the time for 1K LPs. All access digital. I clicked through from the eshopping portal and subbed to what it gave me.
Right now when I click it the page gave two options: WSJ Digital $1/week for 1 year, WSJ Digital Bundle $1.5/week for 1 year. I assume the $1/week for 1 year subscription is ok? I'd like to subscribe Barron's and MarketWatch separately for 1k points each, so I can get 3k LPs for these 3 subscriptions.

Another question, can I take this offer again after couple months (I don't mind double paying)? or need to wait for the current 1 year subscription ends?
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

Another question, can I take this offer again after couple months (I don't mind double paying)? or need to wait for the current 1 year subscription ends?
Has anyone even done them last year and this year again?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

From the terms: "Offer is limited to one (1) trial subscription per loyalty account" although I think I might have done it more than once over the years. But that language might not have been included then.

ETA: the multiple times I've done it over the years might have been across my, my husbands, & my kids' accounts.

Last edited by ehallison; Mar 25, 2023 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is there any rhyme or reason as to why some orders track and some don't? I ordered from Anthropologie a few weeks ago and it didn't track. (and I still don't have the miles after waiting 15 days to submit a request and now waiting on the outcome). But then I ordered again a few days ago and immediately got the "your order has been tracked" email and the points are already in my account. And yes, I used the same browser on the same laptop - can't think of anything I did differently.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ehallison
Is there any rhyme or reason as to why some orders track and some don't? I ordered from Anthropologie a few weeks ago and it didn't track. (and I still don't have the miles after waiting 15 days to submit a request and now waiting on the outcome). But then I ordered again a few days ago and immediately got the "your order has been tracked" email and the points are already in my account. And yes, I used the same browser on the same laptop - can't think of anything I did differently.
The occasional order not tracking is probably on their end. It's hard to say because different merchants are going to do it differently but no data processing is 100% accurate.

If none of your orders track, it's on your end.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:41 pm

If I place an order online today for in-store pickup and it's confirmed but they don't charge my credit card until I can pick it up (on Tuesday), will the purchase still qualify for the 1000 point bonus for installing the eshopping button and making $X in purchases by tomorrow (Sunday)?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lardyda
If I place an order online today for in-store pickup and it's confirmed but they don't charge my credit card until I can pick it up (on Tuesday), will the purchase still qualify for the 1000 point bonus for installing the eshopping button and making $X in purchases by tomorrow (Sunday)?
This is almost certainly store-dependent. I would expect it to count (not charging until the item has shipped is common; this is not really different) but it depends how they report it.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
I recently discovered that booking.com purchases through the eShopping portal have the same problem. The points post 60 days after the stay is completed, but are back-dated to when that stay was booked. That's true even when the stay isn't prepaid.

These vendors create some "fun" corner cases if those points take you across a status qualification boundary in a previous year.
OK, I have some recent stays that were BOOKED in AA's 2022 fiscal year, but were not PAID till AAs 2023 year. What explicitely happens for the LOYALITY points EARNED and when do they post on AAs side.
If they are BACK dated to 2022, I need to cancel and re-reserve bookings to ensure they hit AAs Loyality for 2023 as 2022 is already over and there is NO point to increase LOYALITY in a year that has already past, UNLESS I was still seeking status on 2022 Loyality year.

Is this a correct statement, that for 2023 Loyality earnings, the BOOKING on Booking.com needs to occur in AAs 2023 loyality year? If correct, I have some stays that will post into 2022 that occured/paid in March and need to CANCEL other reservations I have on booking.com to ensure hit 2023 loyality.

FUN FUN FUN...
Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From those of us who did all the main vendors last year (MotleyFool, WSJ, MarketWatch, the meal delivery services, etc) and who have cancelled since, which should be pretty much everyone on this thread, has anyone subscribed again this year and got the LPs?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
From those of us who did all the main vendors last year (MotleyFool, WSJ, MarketWatch, the meal delivery services, etc) and who have cancelled since, which should be pretty much everyone on this thread, has anyone subscribed again this year and got the LPs?
Yes. I just did The Motley Fool for the second year in a row and received near-immediate LP credit.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 8:48 am

For those interested in purchasing new iphone, apple offering 6x. Probably will only be valid for today only based on previous promos.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bagg
For those interested in purchasing new iphone, apple offering 6x. Probably will only be valid for today only based on previous promos.
Verizon also has a free iphone 13 and some good points for switching.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bagg
I did purchased an iPhone today under the 6x. Unlike most my other purchases, I did not get the little airplane, the "you are on your way to earning xxx," or the "congratulations, you earned xxx." AAshopping is showing I visited the Apple store, but isn't showing a purchase (I will check tomorrow).
A bit concerning. Hopefully it will track.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.