Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2023, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Blue Apron is back at 5000, unfortunately I went for it earlier...
spiritkat09 likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by nk15
Blue Apron is back at 5000, unfortunately I went for it earlier...
how much did It all cost you and when did you cancel? The website seams vague
Old May 15, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by yuel
On the Motley, theres no place to enter FF, I remember in the past you would enter that, but now it knows your FF with your name?
You don't need to enter your AAdvantage number for purchases through the AAshopping portal. Using the link on the portal is providing the tracking back to your account.
yuel, 355F1 and ValleyEarl like this.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat Pro
Question about 20% Loyalty Point Bonus (after reaching 60k LP's): I have a handful of Viator excursions booked for this summer. They were booked a couple months ago. Today I reached 60k LP's and I get the 20% bonus for 6 months. Since Viator points are not posted until you actually complete the excursion (not when you book the excursion), will I get 20% more LP's on all those excursions once I take them? Please note, Viator backdates the LP's to the order date, not the excursion date, even if I book a year in advance. So I have a terrible suspicion I will not get the 20% LP bonus. I do not like the backdating at all, especially when I do not prepay. I have no use for LP's awarded in the summer of 2023 that apply to 2022 status.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by tommybananas
Question about 20% Loyalty Point Bonus (after reaching 60k LP's): I have a handful of Viator excursions booked for this summer. They were booked a couple months ago. Today I reached 60k LP's and I get the 20% bonus for 6 months. Since Viator points are not posted until you actually complete the excursion (not when you book the excursion), will I get 20% more LP's on all those excursions once I take them? Please note, Viator backdates the LP's to the order date, not the excursion date, even if I book a year in advance. So I have a terrible suspicion I will not get the 20% LP bonus. I do not like the backdating at all, especially when I do not prepay. I have no use for LP's awarded in the summer of 2023 that apply to 2022 status.
I think you are correct in that the backdating of the date it posts with on your AA account will remove the 20% or 30% bonus you would otherwise be earning on transactions dated today or forward.

Work around is to wait for Viator to have another "bonus" miles via eshopping (yesterday was like 9/mi/$, as opposed to their normal 5/mi/$), cancel your existing reservations (assuming they were no pre-pay/free-cancellation like most of Viator bookings) and re-book them.
You get a good rate,

They seeming do a promo for bonus miles like 3-4 times per month. Just set them as a favorite store and you get a daily email alert when they go into bonus mode.
Old May 18, 2023, 6:46 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Question on the Blue Apron 5,000 LP offer. I signed up through the link on 4/3 but because of travel didn’t start my first shipment until this week (credit card charged on 5/16) so within 45 days of signup. Will this be tracked and qualify?
Old May 18, 2023, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by ymx
Question on the Blue Apron 5,000 LP offer. I signed up through the link on 4/3 but because of travel didn’t start my first shipment until this week (credit card charged on 5/16) so within 45 days of signup. Will this be tracked and qualify?
it should be fine. But I never have luck with blue apron tracking automatically for me, be prepared to message the portal and fight for it.
Old May 18, 2023, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 355F1
I am addicted to some of their stuff. My family always likes coming to visit because they say my guest wing is like a 5-star hotel full of Frette linens and a full bathroom of Aesop stuff. Smells delightful and doesn't leave residue on shower floors, etc.
Originally Posted by nk15
I am tempted to buy some Aesop soap too, after using it in J lavs and lounges. It's the little things indeed, life's little pleasures...
One might call these Aesop's fables....

I'll see myself out.
Old May 18, 2023, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Antarius
One might call these Aesop's fables....

I'll see myself out.
I smell a case of "The Fox and the Grapes"...
Old May 19, 2023, 8:06 am

I went over the 60K threshold. When does the 20% bonus show up on the aaeshopping postings? I don't see any loyalty point bonuses posting. Do they do it monthly or on each transaction?
Old May 19, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
I went over the 60K threshold. When does the 20% bonus show up on the aaeshopping postings? I don't see any loyalty point bonuses posting. Do they do it monthly or on each transaction?
It's automatic when the miles/LPs post to your account. IE your AA account will show 1000 miles - 1200 LPs if your order earned 1000 miles from AA Shopping.

Also note, if the transaction date was before the date you rolled over 60k, you won't get the bonus LPs (I don't know if the that's wai)
Old May 19, 2023, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
It's automatic when the miles/LPs post to your account. IE your AA account will show 1000 miles - 1200 LPs if your order earned 1000 miles from AA Shopping.

Also note, if the transaction date was before the date you rolled over 60k, you won't get the bonus LPs (I don't know if the that's wai)
Sounds like they need to fix the system - If the transaction date was before then I would have hit 60K earlier???
Old May 19, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Sounds like they need to fix the system - If the transaction date was before then I would have hit 60K earlier???
I certainly agree with your logic, I just haven't had time to call them and go through the run-around.
Old May 19, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I certainly agree with your logic, I just haven't had time to call them and go through the run-around.
I emailed the so we will see what the response is.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
I think you are correct in that the backdating of the date it posts with on your AA account will remove the 20% or 30% bonus you would otherwise be earning on transactions dated today or forward.

Work around is to wait for Viator to have another "bonus" miles via eshopping (yesterday was like 9/mi/$, as opposed to their normal 5/mi/$), cancel your existing reservations (assuming they were no pre-pay/free-cancellation like most of Viator bookings) and re-book them.
You get a good rate,

They seeming do a promo for bonus miles like 3-4 times per month. Just set them as a favorite store and you get a daily email alert when they go into bonus mode.
The viator issue is quite a problem with points posting in prior year - I wonder if that puts you over a threshold reward that you will get it for the previous year. I did rebook a few of my tours today but some had gone up in price significantly so I didn't change those.
Trouvaille likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.