Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 10:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I just crossed 60k LPs; where/how do I find the vendors who offer an extra 20% on purchases?
Old May 7, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
I just crossed 60k LPs; where/how do I find the vendors who offer an extra 20% on purchases?
That's not how that works. Some AA partners will get you 20% bonus LP (including eshopping). The vendor is irrelevant. You are not getting 20% extra miles. You are getting the normal number of miles and AA will tack on 20% LP (only LP, not miles)
Old May 7, 2023, 2:58 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That's not how that works. Some AA partners will get you 20% bonus LP (including eshopping). The vendor is irrelevant. You are not getting 20% extra miles. You are getting the normal number of miles and AA will tack on 20% LP (only LP, not miles)
Correct. How do I know which transaction/company/vendor will get the extra 20%? It says “Select Partners”.
Old May 7, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Correct. How do I know which transaction/company/vendor will get the extra 20%? It says “Select Partners”.
It's on all AA Shopping orders through the portal - the other vendors are AA Dining, AA Vacations, Simply Miles, and BAAH.
355F1 likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tap/click on "learn more about loyalty point rewards" Scroll down to the list of rewards, go to the 60k card, and tap/click "find out more".

Old May 7, 2023, 4:06 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Tap/click on "learn more about loyalty point rewards" Scroll down to the list of rewards, go to the 60k card, and tap/click "find out more".

Thank you. I just got the email:

Along with your existing benefits as an AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member, you now have 2 new benefits:
Avis Preferred Plus® status
A 20% Loyalty Point bonus when spending with select partners
To enjoy Avis Preferred Plus® status, verify your Avis Preferred® account. Visit your AAdvantage® account to get started.1 Learn more about your new Avis benefit »

You'll also earn an automatic 20% Loyalty Point bonus when you spend with American Airlines Vacations™, SimplyMiles™, AAdvantage® eShoppingSM, AAdvantage DiningSM and American Airlines Hotels within the next 6 months. When you spend with these partners, it also helps you get closer to the next reward level — and more travel benefits.2 Learn more »
Old May 8, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat Pro
Millionacres

It’s up to 6200 today for $149/yr but when clicking offer the price drops to $99 on the sign up page. Pretty good deal if you value AA miles at 1.5 cents!
ZenFlyer and nk15 like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Walmart is indeed very sneaky, you have to check carefully. For example, personal care items were earning 3x last week, and now they are specifically excluded in the T&Cs.

Last edited by nk15; May 9, 2023 at 3:43 pm
Old May 9, 2023, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
So, if say someone crosses the 100k mark in November, will their 6-month 30% bonus extend to May, or will it end on February 28? This is a very consequential question in terms of potential strategy...
Edgewater Folk likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by tommybananas
It’s up to 6200 today for $149/yr but when clicking offer the price drops to $99 on the sign up page. Pretty good deal if you value AA miles at 1.5 cents!
When I click thru it says Motely Fool . I guess this service is from MF ? Can you get the MillionAcres and the Motely Fool stock advisor for 6200 each ?
Old May 9, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by anc305
When I click thru it says Motely Fool . I guess this service is from MF ? Can you get the MillionAcres and the Motely Fool stock advisor for 6200 each ?
Yes, did both myself.
LedgeT, 355F1 and nk15 like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 11:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Anybody else end up with extra LPs because a Return didn’t get deducted…..?😳
Old May 10, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Anybody else end up with extra LPs because a Return didn’t get deducted…..?😳
Shhhhhhh
355F1 likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: American EP
Millionacres

Originally Posted by Kankou
Yes, did both myself.
on AA shopping it says $149 offer but when I go to the MA site it says $99 which seems against the T&C. Did you encounter the same issue?
Old May 10, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by mwood19004
on AA shopping it says $149 offer but when I go to the MA site it says $99 which seems against the T&C. Did you encounter the same issue?
Not familiar with what the T&C said, but the Millionacres 6,200 LPs posted (at the $99 + tax rate) after a couple of days. I did the Montley Fool one a few months ago.
nk15 and mwood19004 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.