Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
For clarification- did you wait for a year after the day you cancelled?
I checked mine and I did "nonrenewal", which extends the actual cancellation into February of 2023. So what date matters, if any? So confusing...
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nk15
I checked mine and I did "nonrenewal", which extends the actual cancellation into February of 2023. So what date matters, if any? So confusing...
The terms state “Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number per year.”
To me, this means one must wait at least one year from your original sign-up date…. But who knows.
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The terms state “Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number per year.”
To me, this means one must wait at least one year from your original sign-up date…. But who knows.
I am more than 13 months from my sign up but still says I am not eligible for a reduced rate, only allows me to sign up for the $199 plan...which is too much. I may have to wait until next Feb....
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
From those of us who did all the main vendors last year (MotleyFool, WSJ, MarketWatch, the meal delivery services, etc) and who have cancelled since, which should be pretty much everyone on this thread, has anyone subscribed again this year and got the LPs?
Originally Posted by vasantn
Yes. I just did The Motley Fool for the second year in a row and received near-immediate LP credit.
Nope, no issues at all.

Yes and no.
I guess they use the cancellation anniversary date then, you have to re-subscribe one year after your cancellation date. I think I waited for a while to cancel, so I have to wait again...
For clarification- did you wait for a year after the day you cancelled?
I'm also curious what everyone means by the "cancellation" date. Wrt to Motley Fool, I was automatically signed up for auto-renewal at the time of purchase. I then emailed them and asked them to turn off the auto-renewal feature and they agreed to do so (rather huffily). So as things stand, I currently have a subscription that is still valid, but scheduled to terminate at the end of one year (this November). Is it possible to 'cancel' ahead of that? I've assumed that one is stuck with a one-year subscription no matter what.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by kimbray
I just had a BOoking.com event POST on the Cartera portal. It posted on 3/10/23. This is in the AA loyalty 23 year, but on AA site, I had to go BACK to 3/27/22 to see the ESHOPPING post happen which had loyality and award miles happen in AAs 22 year. So basically I need to CANCEL AND REBOOK all events from 22 if I want to earn 23 Loyality. The Bonus piece of the equation is in the FUTURE, and I do not know how they are going to account for that.

So is SOMEONE has not gotten AA 22 status they want AND has reservations that were booked in 22 that have not posted, this would mean your Loyality level SHOULD increase EVEN if you are in the AA 23 year...I already had Executive Platinum so I wanted the below loyality points in AA 23 year. :-(
Just out of curiosity, does the little 2022 LP tracker on your account page (the one in italics) now reflect a higher LP count for you in 2022? If so, then that would make someone who is going to fall short of their LP threshold in February being able to make some last-minute hotel reservations for the future via eShopping before the 2/29 cut-off date and eventually carry them over the mark, I would think.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
I'm also curious what everyone means by the "cancellation" date. Wrt to Motley Fool, I was automatically signed up for auto-renewal at the time of purchase. I then emailed them and asked them to turn off the auto-renewal feature and they agreed to do so (rather huffily). So as things stand, I currently have a subscription that is still valid, but scheduled to terminate at the end of one year (this November). Is it possible to 'cancel' ahead of that? I've assumed that one is stuck with a one-year subscription no matter what.
Last week I emailed requesting to cancel. I received an email saying they cancelled the auto-renewal, but that I would still be getting the stock-picker-recommendation emails until my year-long subscription ran out, as it was prepaid for a year. In the email they asked if that was ok, or if I would like to just cancel the subscription completely, losing my pre-paid months. I responded back to cancel it completely, which they did.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Last week I emailed requesting to cancel. I received an email saying they cancelled the auto-renewal, but that I would still be getting the stock-picker-recommendation emails until my year-long subscription ran out, as it was prepaid for a year. In the email they asked if that was ok, or if I would like to just cancel the subscription completely, losing my pre-paid months. I responded back to cancel it completely, which they did.
Ah, interesting -- thanks for passing this along. I may follow suit . . .
Old Apr 2, 2023, 6:55 am

From those of us who did all the main vendors last year (MotleyFool, WSJ, MarketWatch, the meal delivery services, etc) and who have cancelled since, which should be pretty much everyone on this thread, has anyone subscribed again this year and got the LPs?
This seems to be the hot question of the year with a sprinkling of answers-- I may gamble on a few vendors where I don't find the product a waste (i..e not many) and report back. Would be nice somehow if we could create a schedule of data points on these various "repeat try" vendors.
innerspace and ZenFlyer like this.

Last edited by jl0810; Apr 2, 2023 at 6:56 am Reason: missed quote
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's probably the problem, those of us who just cancelled the auto-renew may now have to wait a year to get reduced fee offers...
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
That's probably the problem, those of us who just cancelled the auto-renew may now have to wait a year to get reduced fee offers...
I cancelled the auto-renewal immediately after subscribing. So you are likely correct.
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cancelled the auto-renewal immediately after subscribing. So you are likely correct.
Did you get the $79-$99 offer or the $199 offer?

I believe that people who just cancelled the auto renew, allowed the subscription to run for the full year, say, from Jan22 -Jan23. These people may likely not see the reduced fee offer for a while? I am in that group.

Now if you requested to cancel the subscription effective immediately (say, in Feb 2022), then you would have been a non subscriber for over a year. I am not sure if that matters for reduced fee subscriptions or even for LPs.

I allowed my subscription to run for the full year and expire in Feb 2023 (I just cancelled the auto-renew sometime in 2022). Now it says I am not eligible for the $79-99 offers, only for the $199 one. Which is bad cpm.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:09 am

I subscribed motley fool but forgot to use the amex offer. If I cancel it and re-subscribe with new account, will it deduct points from my first subscription and credit the second subscription? Anyone has experience? Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Yes. I just did The Motley Fool for the second year in a row and received near-immediate LP credit.
Do you mean the LPs showed up right away? Or just the store visit.
It didn't make you wait 60 days? ("Subscription must be active for at least 60 days.")

(I'm asking because my purchase shows up in my store visits, but hasn't shown up on the LP Transaction History still after a few days.)
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Did you get the $79-$99 offer or the $199 offer?.
The former.
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Do you mean the LPs showed up right away?
Next day in the portal and 2 days later on aa.com.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
I've been saving the meal kits for an emergency but at 5K miles, I'll bite.
spiritkat09 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.