Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
The AA Shopping Mall had a link to giftcards.com the day I made my purchase. I would not otherwise have made a purchase from giftcards.com unless I would have earned miles on AA. In fact, it was still advertised as earning 3 miles per dollar the day I made my purchase..
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
Just to follow up on my last post, I earned 150 miles through the AA Shopping Mall for a giftcards.com purchase I made on December 7, 2022. I purchased an ebay $50 gift card that day.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
You're right, it was end of December they disappeared. Just follow up with another email then.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:12 am

Has anyone done the Verizon Business Markets (https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/....htm?gmid=6245) on aaShopping? How successful? What did you buy? 3 month minimum. Trying to manufacture Loyality points but not a lot of choices post Giftcard.com going bye bye...
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:29 pm

If you have Platinum Pro now from 2022 qualification, does that mean this new year of qualification you get the 30% eShopping bonus?
Or is the 30% eShopping bonus only if you get status in this new qualification year?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Bixbee
If you have Platinum Pro now from 2022 qualification, does that mean this new year of qualification you get the 30% eShopping bonus?
Or is the 30% eShopping bonus only if you get status in this new qualification year?
You can earn the 20% and 30% partner boosts with 2023 activity. Nothing before 3/1/23 will qualify.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy
You can earn the 20% and 30% partner boosts with 2023 activity. Nothing before 3/1/23 will qualify.
that wasn’t the question-
- question is, does having platinum pro status right now from last year’s status earning make it so you get the 30% bonus this year? More less making it so you get 30% more LP from eShopping to help requalify more easily
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Bixbee
that wasn’t the question-
- question is, does having platinum pro status right now from last year’s status earning make it so you get the 30% bonus this year? More less making it so you get 30% more LP from eShopping to help requalify more easily
No
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy
No
sadness
makes sense theyre including eShopping bonus from status now. The shopping portal was degraded greatly between giftcards removal and eBay removed
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:58 pm

My first time using the eShopping portal today. Subscribed to the Motley Fool offer. Wondering if I did something wrong.

In my eShopping account, Motley Fool shows up under the Recent Store Visits tab. However, the transaction doesn't show up under Recent Transactions tab. I did receive an immediate email confirmation on the subscription from Motley Fool. But the confirmation doesn't state the 6200 LPs referenced and AA is not referenced at all.

Have I done something wrong? I understand there's some variation in whether LPs will post quickly or not until after the 60-day period. That's fine. But I don't have a warm fuzzy with the transaction not showing up at all. Is there usually a lag on this? Do confirmations normally reference the LPs? I've got nothing to prove I made the transaction through the AA portal.

Update: Have received an email from AA acknowledging the transaction. Less concerned now I'd made some kind of first-time operator error.

Last edited by cmtlatitudes; Mar 13, 2023 at 6:30 pm Reason: added update
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Cooper21
What never made sense to me was why didn't GC.com pull back a little from the offer and promos before just completely withdrawing. Until the end, GC.com was still running 3x plus $10 off. These have to be losers all around unless the breakage is high, which I doubt. They could have gone to 1x and sold a ton of gift cards more profitably these last few weeks.

And if gc.com was removed by the airline because it was clearly an offer that could be exploited easily, why do they let RM offers continue?
What are "RM offers"?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyinpan
Does the Verizon 6200 LP promo only work for phone "lines" or does it also work with ipad / apple watch "lines"?
update: I got a message back from eshopping website, and iPads do count as lines; just need to make sure it isn't Bring Your Own Device.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course giftcards.com was not "removed by the airline". AA does not run the shopping portal.

Giftcards.com was removed from all the Cartera portals (including united, alaska, etc). This has nothing to do with one individual airline; they just aren't marketing through Cartera (for now, anyway). So this is bigger than just AA.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat Pro
Question about Winc, Laithwaites, HelloFresh etc. "first order" miles "twice"

I have ordered most of the "wine" and "meals" promotions once with my AA eShopping account and my email address / home address. Does anyone know what would happen if my wife orders all those with her name, email address and credit card, but she is logged into my AA eShopping account when she places the order? Would I get the miles and LP's again?
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tommybananas
I have ordered most of the "wine" and "meals" promotions once with my AA eShopping account and my email address / home address. Does anyone know what would happen if my wife orders all those with her name, email address and credit card, but she is logged into my AA eShopping account when she places the order? Would I get the miles and LP's again?
It depends on the vendor. Some are pretty good at tracking who is a first time customer. Others not so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.