Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Punxsutawney Phil came out of his hole again today, saw his 0 LPs and the sorry state of the AA shopping portal, shook his head, and predicted another 6-52 weeks of requalification winter....
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by mwood19004
If you can it would be great if you can let us know if they confirm posted. I read terms and they don’t mention gift cards not included but do say you can’t buy with one.
This would be great.
I bought one $100 Amazon GC and one $100 Visa GC when it was offering 8x; both were posted after my follow-up.
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by mwood19004
If you can it would be great if you can let us know if they confirm posted. I read terms and they don’t mention gift cards not included but do say you can’t buy with one.
This would be great.
I read the highlighted section in the Walgreens T&Cs to mean that purchases of gift cards are NOT eligible:

Mileage termsPlease note these terms & conditions: Rewards not eligible on: purchases made through sub-domains such as aarp.walgreens.com, AARP discounts, pharmacy purchases, Prescription Savings Club, prescription drugs, electionics, diet & fitness, food & beverage, household products including but not limited to office/school/art supplies, photo, greeting cards, paper goods, pet needs, lawn & garden, tools & hardware, kitchen goods, household cleaning, seasonal decor, apparel, luggage, Shipping, handling and taxes, Returns, exchanges or adjustments made at a physical store, Purchases made for resale, Purchases made with a gift card, Gift cards, Gift certificates, Cash equivalents and Purchases made with coupon or discount codes not found on this site.
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So they came back having excluded the giftcards...So lame dude...
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
There’s a difference between purchase of a gift card and purchase with a gift card,
Mr. Vker and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I read the highlighted section in the Walgreens T&Cs to mean that purchases of gift cards are NOT eligible:
That's purchases with a gift card. Totally different. Prohibition of purchases with gift cards exist in almost every vendors terms that I have seen. They want to collect money.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:21 am

100% agree with you -- its like AA doubled down on LP and non flying miles and then the shopping portal went ka-poof. Im sure something interesting will happen but until then I will enjoy my EP for 12 more months as I likely will never see it again.
redtop43 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armus
There’s a difference between purchase of a gift card and purchase with a gift card,
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
That's purchases with a gift card. Totally different. Prohibition of purchases with gift cards exist in almost every vendors terms that I have seen. They want to collect money.
You are not reading this right...read carefully. It says:

Rewards not eligible on: .... Purchases made with a gift card, Gift cards,...
Meaning both cases are listed separately and are both excluded from earning. This is also new language that was not there before. Having said that, I believe there is a chance it won't be enforced.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:06 am

Happen to save a screen shot of the old Walgreens T&C; it did not exclude the purchase of gift cards.

mwood19004 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:16 am

They want to collect money.
It is more about preventing "double dipping" I think than collecting money. There was a vendor I use regularly through the portals that gave cashback when purchasing their gift cards AND when you purchased with their gift cards. So I'd buy a GC for my purchase (round 1 of points) and then make purchase with said gift card (round two of points). They finally closed the loophole and now you only earn points when purchasing the GC not spending it.
Antarius and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Anyone got experience with Thrive Market? Current 25 miles per $. In my opinion terms are non-conclusive - so I do not know whether you get miles for subscription and/or actual items bought.

Thank you!
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by tobsw
Anyone got experience with Thrive Market? Current 25 miles per $. In my opinion terms are non-conclusive - so I do not know whether you get miles for subscription and/or actual items bought.

Thank you!
You only get the 25 per $ for the memebership fee.
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:21 pm

Question for the group...12400 LP's posted that were missing from December. I got this email. Maybe I am too dense, does this mean they count in 2022 for 2023 status? That's what should have happened and what I want. It says it goes by transaction date, but then counts for 2023 status.

Mar 1 2023 VERIZON

12/03/2022 Missing Online Transaction (ORDER # XXXXX)
$1.00 Pending 12400

You should now be able to find the 12,400 miles for this order posted to your account on that time frame. If you still cannot see the reward posted for this order after following the above steps, please let me know.
What did you end up buying from Verizon?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
What did you end up buying from Verizon?
They had the promo 6200 LP's for new lines with a 3 line max. On top of that, Verizon was offering free Iphone 12 with a new line. My step daughter, he husband and our teen granddaughter were looking for a better deal. I added them to ours. They had to change numbers but they got new phones. I got the LP's.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:15 am

Does the Verizon 6200 LP promo only work for phone "lines" or does it also work with ipad / apple watch "lines"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.