Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: NWA WorldPerks, UA Mileage Plus & CX Marco Polo
I understand this is an eshopping thread but I dont think cartera has anything to do with simplymiles, it appears that it is operated by AA directly.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Has anyone done Thrive Market to see how miles/ LP are calculated? I read the fine print, which makes it seem LP is awarded only to the initial membership fee, not anything paid toward grocery orders. With 20LP/$ though, I thought I'd ask.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone tried Hello Fresh for LP? I signed up for 2,000 LP, first order totaled $24 delivered this Sunday so 83 LP/$. The fine print states that you need to cancel 5 days before your next order which would be Tuesday next week when the second delivery jumps to $61. I'm specifically interested in your experiences with:
  1. How long it took to post to your account
  2. How long after your first delivery you could cancel without effecting LP
I'm hoping to get the points by the weekend, and cancel my subscription the day after my first delivery which is Monday.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
deleted
Old Feb 15, 2023, 10:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Has anyone done Thrive Market to see how miles/ LP are calculated? I read the fine print, which makes it seem LP is awarded only to the initial membership fee, not anything paid toward grocery orders. With 20LP/$ though, I thought I'd ask.
Yes - the miles were only paid on the initial membership fee. I actually like the products, though, and have ordered a few times. (Turned off any autoship and autorenewal.)
Old Feb 15, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Has anyone experienced seeing the "banner" at the time of purchase, yet LPs still not posting accurately? Spent way more than I should've on Adidas shoes a week+ ago, saw the "banner" confirming that my purchase was tracked, and still nothing. Still a week to go, but I've never had this kind of a delay before I don't think.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Raralith
Anyone tried Hello Fresh for LP? I signed up for 2,000 LP, first order totaled $24 delivered this Sunday so 83 LP/$. The fine print states that you need to cancel 5 days before your next order which would be Tuesday next week when the second delivery jumps to $61. I'm specifically interested in your experiences with:
  1. How long it took to post to your account
  2. How long after your first delivery you could cancel without effecting LP
I'm hoping to get the points by the weekend, and cancel my subscription the day after my first delivery which is Monday.
dont cancel, just postpone deliveries for a while
craigthemif, nk15 and Raralith like this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:19 am

You can spend the rest of your life messing with Catera. I think they are a scam!
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Used2BMoreFun2Fly
You can spend the rest of your life messing with Catera. I think they are a scam!
Interesting first post on FT, welcome. I think "scam" is too strong, but certainly their technology and processes have significant flaws, and they are not the easiest to work with to resolve.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 11:48 am

Hilton up to 3 miles/$. Scheduled my next two work trips today. Glad I procrastinated!
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Just got an email that a GC.com purchase I made on Thanksgiving weekend that tracked at an incorrect amount is in the process of being posted.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by AirricK11
Hilton up to 3 miles/$. Scheduled my next two work trips today. Glad I procrastinated!
Does this stack with HHonors? For example, 3 nights for $600 gives you both 1,800 LP + HHonors? I've been thinking about going through route over BAAH/RM which gives LP only with no hotel loyalty.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 10:55 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Just got an email that a GC.com purchase I made on Thanksgiving weekend that tracked at an incorrect amount is in the process of being posted.
I didn't get any email, but I did see favorable activity in the portal, finally! I have had 7 missing miles inquiries open for GC.com orders. I had 1 from 11/17 where it simply didn't track and another 6 were from 11/26-12/4 where they tracked with incorrect miles. Although they did not update any of my open tickets, I did see that the 6 missing from 11/26-12/4 are now showing up as Pending in my account. The transaction dates are backdated appropriately and they all show as posted 2/13.

I recently wrote into AA Customer Relations about this and had asked to speak with a supervisor who could assist, so I'm wondering if that helped push things into gear. I missed a call from them yesterday that sounded fairly personal as though someone was actually willing to take an interest, so maybe that helped push things along. Also have been somewhat relentless about following up on the tickets, to the point that I've probably been a bit of a pain in the .... But, this 26K infusion will push me most likely into Platinum Pro territory, so I'm happy.

For others who are waiting, it seems like good cause for hope that these will eventually post.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Motley looks nice right now... 6,200 miles and they have a $79 offer for Stock Advisor through 2/28. With tax that comes out to just under 1.4cpp, which is basically what I redeem at on a bad day.
innerspace likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AirricK11
Originally Posted by Raralith
Does this stack with HHonors? For example, 3 nights for $600 gives you both 1,800 LP + HHonors? I've been thinking about going through route over BAAH/RM which gives LP only with no hotel loyalty.
Yes. Shopping portals stack with the loyalty program for the hotel chain.

However, Hilton is notoriously bad at paying out the affiliate commissions. And, if paid, they would arrive months after the actual stay. Who knows if AA will upgrade you a level of status based on 2022 LPs arriving in October 2023 say...

If you need LPs now, do something else. If you need LPs for next year, then booking Hilton stays today via the AA shopping portal doesn't really help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.