Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BrianV
After this, I felt something might be up, so I completely disabled my Ad-Blocker (uBlock Origin).

3. Third order, lowes.com for $6, visit tracked, order number linked, points posted next day.
At this point, I think I'm out of the woods and it was my Ad-Blocker.

4. Fourth order, walmart.com for $30 for blood pressure monitor, visit track, order number linked. After 10 days, I used the contact form and I was informed the points weren't coming because of Walmart's Ts&Cs which exclude "Pharmacy" but I thought that more to mean RX as this thing was just an off the shelf purchase. That said, I didn't push it, but I informed them that they should send an email or log somewhere in the web site that the site didn't meet the terms.
I use Chrome with uBlock Origin as well for most browsing, when using the shopping portal I simply open an Incognito window which temporarily disables uBlock for that session. I rarely have problems with store visits not tracking, I can't say that I've ever had a store visit track but the purchase not - it's all or nothing. I have the most problems with Home Depot, so I use Ace Hardware (2x) or Lowe's (1x) for most purchases. Home Depot has the most Extra Mile days though, so sometimes I'll wait for one of those for a big purchase, then hope the order tracks or contact Customer Service*.

Wal-Mart is pretty misleading, the banner always says "Up to 3 mi/$" but when you click the banner and bring up the detail page they have a lot of categories and most are pretty limited. The 3x is for select categories, but most are 1x or even 0.5x. And of course it's up to them how they categorize each product.

*I've been meaning to give a shout-out for Customer Service here regarding Home Depot. In January I ordered some vertical blinds that I had been needing, and was specifically waiting for an Extra Mile day, purchased on a day that was 8x for Home Decor, this amounted to about 2400 LP and I thought might be important to hit EXP last year. The order didn't track, so after waiting 15 days I contacted CS and was told it would take 8-12 weeks to investigate, but don't worry any LP's would apply retroactively to the purchase date and apply to 2023 status. Fast forward to mid April and I had just barely squeaked by and hit EXP so I wasn't too concerned with the LP's but I asked for an update. I received a response that they were unable to verify the purchase and Home Depot would not pay them commission on the sale so therefore they would not be awarding LP's. I responded that I understood, but was frustrated that I continued to have these problems with Home Depot. I did not ask for anything more and I considered the matter closed. A few days later I received another email from Customer Service saying they had checked with a supervisor and would give me the LP's even though they didn't receive commission. And the best part was, since they were not actually linked to the purchase in January, they applied in April for next year's status! I was pretty happy with that considering I hadn't asked for anything more, I have had pretty good experience with their Customer Service overall.
ZenFlyer and spiritkat09 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Is anyone else having trouble using aa shopping today? I’m getting an ssl protocol error from emjcd.com when I click through the links.
Old May 1, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Anyone have experience with Crutchfield purchases? I am going on 16 days since my TV purchase at 3 LP per dollar. It has been tracking, but no joy.
Old May 1, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Anyone have experience with Crutchfield purchases? I am going on 16 days since my TV purchase at 3 LP per dollar. It has been tracking, but no joy.
Funny you mention it, I also made a large purchase from Crutchfield 16 days ago and it still hasn't posted. I also bought a TV mount (less than $200) about a week ago and got the miles in 48 hours. I'm sure it's waiting for manual review because of the purchase price. I am submitting a ticket now.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by njvandy
Funny you mention it, I also made a large purchase from Crutchfield 16 days ago and it still hasn't posted. I also bought a TV mount (less than $200) about a week ago and got the miles in 48 hours. I'm sure it's waiting for manual review because of the purchase price. I am submitting a ticket now.
My Tv ($1,500) and mount, also less than $200, were on the same order. I have submitted a ticket as well and also reached out to Crutchfield to let them know the points are not posting as advertised, <15 days. It's a good deal if they post, but not so if one needs to invest a lot of time in getting the points to post, if they ever do.
Old May 1, 2023, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Bonvoy, Southwest
I ordered K9 Advantix flea and tick med on PetSmart.com via the aadvantage portal (7x pts when ordered) but didn't get the points. This is an otc product and doesn't require an rx so I thought it would be ok but apparently not.
Old May 3, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
My Tv ($1,500) and mount, also less than $200, were on the same order. I have submitted a ticket as well and also reached out to Crutchfield to let them know the points are not posting as advertised, <15 days. It's a good deal if they post, but not so if one needs to invest a lot of time in getting the points to post, if they ever do.
Less than 48 hours after filling out the missing miles form, my large (approx 9k miles) Crutchfield order is showing under Recent Transactions and no longer just Recent Store Visits. No email from them but who cares. I imagine the miles will post to my AAdvantage account tomorrow.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA 1K
Looks like Walgreens is gone at the moment. Not sure when that happened. They came and went for a few days earlier this year as well. I just placed a routine order at Rite Aid since they have many of the same items.
Old May 3, 2023, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy
Less than 48 hours after filling out the missing miles form, my large (approx 9k miles) Crutchfield order is showing under Recent Transactions and no longer just Recent Store Visits. No email from them but who cares. I imagine the miles will post to my AAdvantage account tomorrow.
Same here
njvandy and ZenFlyer like this.
Old May 4, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by LittleBird
Thought I'd comment on using AAdvantage Customer Service to assist in retrieving miles that haven't posted despite a claim through the eShopping contact form.
I've been trying to get 8000 LPs and miles from GC.com since late November last year and the last email from eShopping over a month ago was that they were still trying to get commission from GC.com and that this process could take up to 12 weeks, but ignored my comment that I had been waiting nearly 16 weeks!! I have been emailing them once a week since asking for an update and they have been ignoring me.
The AAdvantage Customer Service rep passed me to the Supervisor (as suggested) and took all my details and promised a reply within 7 business days. This morning I received a personalised email saying that the mileage is processing and miles would post within 5-7 business days. I also now see the transaction re-appearing on my eShopping account as pending.
I'm pleasantly surprised, and shocked this worked.
So thank-you very much EQDsSUCK for the tip.
Unfortunately the tip above did not work for me on getting credit for my Viator trip denials. AAdvantage customer support informed me they can do nothing in terms of the EShopping portal, and cannot assist any further, even after providing the EShopping inquiry / escalation numbers. Even when transferred to a supervisor, they were unable to help or provide me a way to escalate past the denials from Cartera. May be a case of HUCA? BTW: Be wary of mixing SimplyMiles and EShopping in regards to Viator tours!
Old May 4, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
Someone had posted a website that tells you the highest earn rate in the last year for different vendors but I cannot find that post. Does anyone know what website that was?
Old May 4, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by skviolet98
Someone had posted a website that tells you the highest earn rate in the last year for different vendors but I cannot find that post. Does anyone know what website that was?
cashbackmonitor.com
355F1, nk15 and Drwaz99 like this.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
cashbackmonitor.com
Thank you! Looks like I'm buying some beauty products today!
Old May 4, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
cashbackmonitor.com
It's a good site. You can also set email alerts for specific stores for when they hit a specific miles/$ point. It's definitely come in handy a few times for me.
Old May 5, 2023, 9:32 am

Has anyone had success in getting points on samsung education discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.