Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA, Delta
Originally Posted by Kankou
Yes, did both myself.
Will they claw back the LPs if you cancel your subscription within a certain time period? Thanks.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Bergdorf Goodman is 10x LPs today!

Just ordered $250 worth of Aesop stuff I needed anyway!
Pinned and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by 355F1
Bergdorf Goodman is 10x LPs today!

Just ordered $250 worth of Aesop stuff I needed anyway!
Said no one ever...

Now if it was 20x-30x I might buy some soap...
Venezuela-Miami and 355F1 like this.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:06 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nk15
Said no one ever...

Now if it was 20x-30x I might buy some soap...
I am addicted to some of their stuff. My family always likes coming to visit because they say my guest wing is like a 5-star hotel full of Frette linens and a full bathroom of Aesop stuff. Smells delightful and doesn't leave residue on shower floors, etc.
chrisny2, nk15 and mwood19004 like this.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am addicted to some of their stuff. My family always likes coming to visit because they say my guest wing is like a 5-star hotel full of Frette linens and a full bathroom of Aesop stuff. Smells delightful and doesn't leave residue on shower floors, etc.
I am tempted to buy some Aesop soap too, after using it in J lavs and lounges. It's the little things indeed, life's little pleasures...
355F1 likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 10:24 am

adidas at 15x and 25% promo MD2023
355F1 and Illinwu like this.
Old May 12, 2023, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WaPo has 930 miles for $40 in Simplymiles, if you have to overpay for it...
Old May 12, 2023, 12:32 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

I am tempted to buy some Aesop soap too, after using it in J lavs and lounges. It's the little things indeed, life's little pleasures...
I discovered the brand at the CX First Lounge in HKG many years ago.
nk15 likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
WaPo has 930 miles for $40 in Simplymiles, if you have to overpay for it...
I had a $20 Citibank Merchant Offer for WaPo that stacks nicely with this.
lamj and nk15 like this.
Old May 13, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I had a $20 Citibank Merchant Offer for WaPo that stacks nicely with this.
That's 2.1cpm, not bad.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:48 pm

Wondering if anyone else has similar experiences. Made 3 orders through portal with 1800 flowers. The first two got credited. When I followed up with the 3rd one, AA said the merchant claimed it has been paid to another network. Used the same browser made all of the 3 orders within minutes. So what could have happened? thanks.
Old May 14, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BrianV
... I actually created a Chrome profile specifically for the shopping portal. It's clearly tracking/linking the purchases now, unsure why the Rimowa one is balking.
I started using Chrome which I really don't use for anything else - and added the Chrome button - based on your post and a couple of others. Yay - it seems that 100% of my orders are tracking since I did this. It's only been 5 orders, and maybe that's a small data set, but considering that only about half of my orders were previously tracking on Safari, I'm pretty happy. It's just a relief to reliably get a congratulatory email from eshopping within an hour or so of placing the order!
Old May 14, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
The DirecTV offer is very confusing:

It says: "DIRECTV STREAM - EARN 6,000 MILES"

Then it says: "The newly branded DIRECTV STREAM is the single brand for video streaming services previously launched by AT&T, excluding HBO Max. Service will continue to be available with no term commitment or hidden fees."

TO really confuse matters:
"
Mileage termsPlease note these terms & conditions: Special terms: Only eligible on the purchase of new DIRECTV STREAM Satellite service packages - DIRECTV Satellite CHOICE, DIRECTV Satellite Entertainment, DIRECTV Satellite Ultimate, and DIRECTV Satellite Premier. Must be installed with service activated for at least ninety (90) days."

What is "DIRECTV STREAM Satellite"????????

Its either DirecTV Stream OR DirecTV Satellite. STREAM has no commitment, which is touted on the Eshopping site, but Satellite has a 24 month commitment.

Has anyone ordered DirecTV stream and gotten the bonus?
I've searched this thread and didn't see that anyone has successfully gotten this bonus. It looks like they've updated The DirecTV stream terms to accurately describe the packages: "Only eligible on the purchase of new DIRECTV STREAM packages (DIRECTV STREAM ENTERTAINMENT, CHOICE, ULTIMATE AND OPTIMO MAS packages)"

My husband wants to watch his MLB team so I am giving it a try. Just ordered today and got an email saying it's tracking - will report back if/when it posts.
spiritkat09 likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
On the Motley, theres no place to enter FF, I remember in the past you would enter that, but now it knows your FF with your name?
Old May 14, 2023, 7:58 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

I just crossed 60k LPs; where/how do I find the vendors who offer an extra 20% on purchases?
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
It's on all AA Shopping orders through the portal - the other vendors are AA Dining, AA Vacations, Simply Miles, and BAAH.
haha...well That escalted quickly.

7 days later I hit 100k LPs and now I get the 30% bonus but only for 6 months! I'm thinking it would have been wiser to get the 20% level.....use it for a few months, and THEN hit the 30% for another 6 months. I could have scored some major LP bonuses at the end of the year sales at Saks and NM!

spiritkat09 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.