Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
I've been saving the meal kits for an emergency but at 5K miles, I'll bite.
Darn, my timing was off. I got only 2,000 miles yesterday. I've never seen a message like that, though.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by vasantn
Darn, my timing was off. I got only 2,000 miles yesterday. I've never seen a message like that, though.
It's from the chrome extension when passing to the merchant's website from the portal.
vasantn likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:08 am

Did you have to keep the Blue Apron account open for 45 days and order every week for this to credit?

Last edited by zmnyc; Apr 4, 2023 at 7:25 am
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
I've been saving the meal kits for an emergency but at 5K miles, I'll bite.
Would like to give as a gift. Does the blue apron account have to match AA account?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by bagg
Would like to give as a gift. Does the blue apron account have to match AA account?
shouldn’t matter where you send the box.

I am trying to sort out if you need to order every week for 45 days to get the points.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by zmnyc

I am trying to sort out if you need to order every week for 45 days to get the points.
In my 3 experiences last year, no. Order first week, skip subsequent weeks until 45 days then cancel. Easy.
ZenFlyer, Zeeb, SuraBoy and 3 others like this.

Last edited by LittleBird; Apr 4, 2023 at 9:29 am Reason: grammar
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by LittleBird
In my 3 experiences last year, no. Order first week, skip subsequent weeks until 45 days then cancel. Easy.
Agreed. I searched up-thread and this is the consensus from others before, too.
zmnyc likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:32 pm

For Blue Apron, is 5,000 points a good amount for the company? or should I try to hold out later for possible higher points?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
For Blue Apron, is 5,000 points a good amount for the company? or should I try to hold out later for possible higher points?
Yes. Mayyyyybe...?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Glob
According to Cashback Monitor, 5000 points is the high offer of the last 15 months. I plan to grab it while it's available.

Could it go higher? Sure. GC.com could come back tomorrow too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by zmnyc

No.
zmnyc likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Has anyone gotten LPs for Blue Apron twice (i.e. signed up last year and signed up this year as well, using two separate email addresses)?
The terms say "Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number."
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:31 pm

Signed up on Blue Apron. So when should I cancel? After first delivery?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Signed up on Blue Apron. So when should I cancel? After first delivery?
Cancel after 45 days.
coolbeans202 and bagg like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Vivid Seats

Anyone have experience with Vivid Seat purchases made through the AA eshopping site? My wife purchased concert tickets about 2 weeks ago for a show in late June. The eshopping site shows the store visit, but does not show anything regarding the purchase or $ spent. She followed her usual procedures (same browser, same login, etc.) as her previous purchases through other merchants that posted successfully.

I'm wondering if Vivid Seats purchases are handled similar to Viator purchases where you don't get LPs until after the event happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.