Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Anyone have experience with Vivid Seat purchases made through the AA eshopping site? My wife purchased concert tickets about 2 weeks ago for a show in late June. The eshopping site shows the store visit, but does not show anything regarding the purchase or $ spent. She followed her usual procedures (same browser, same login, etc.) as her previous purchases through other merchants that posted successfully.

I'm wondering if Vivid Seats purchases are handled similar to Viator purchases where you don't get LPs until after the event happens.
Pretty sure it credited for me after the event.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I was going to pull the trigger on Blue Apron for the 5000 LP. Does anyone know of any credit card offers out there for Blue Apron. I know I saw one but can't find it on Amex.
innerspace likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EP, Marriott LTP
I'm wondering if Vivid Seats purchases are handled similar to Viator purchases where you don't get LPs until after the event happens.
This has not been my experience. One purchase last year credited soon after the purchase; another credited quickly after an inquiry with customer service. Both times were prior to the event. For what it's worth, I've had two stubhub purchases (large ones) credit on AA less than a week after purchase in the last month, prior to the events.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:57 am

How often can you get the same bonus? Is it every 12months? 24months? once a lifetime?
Example If i got the Blue Apron Bonus Jan 2022. After 2 months I cancelled it. Can i resign up today and get the bonus again?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by tilhas
How often can you get the same bonus? Is it every 12months? 24months? once a lifetime?
Example If i got the Blue Apron Bonus Jan 2022. After 2 months I cancelled it. Can i resign up today and get the bonus again?
According to the Blue Apron terms, it is "Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number." I got the Blue Apron bonus in March 2022 and decided to give it a try now. In worst case I won't get any LPs, but I'll receive four meals for $13.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
I'm eager to see what happens with my Blue Apron. I ordered last year but because you have to pay first before you can select the menu and the shipping date, I ended up canceling it right away because it didn't work out. I never got a delivery but I got 2000 miles and LP. The miles were clawed back but the LP remained. So I'm hoping their clawback still makes me eligible for an actual fulfilled order this time.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Not seeing Blue Apron on the site this morning? made my first order a few days ago and put a hold on subsequent orders. if they left the program, might be interesting in the next 45 days to see if we all get our bonus!
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Not seeing Blue Apron on the site this morning? made my first order a few days ago and put a hold on subsequent orders. if they left the program, might be interesting in the next 45 days to see if we all get our bonus!
5,000 miles showed up in my "Recent Transactions" this morning. Let's Goooooooooooo
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by roadtriper
I signed up on Tuesday and got kind of nervous because it was the one transaction that I didn't get a tracking email for this week (even though the order information was showing).... But then as soon as they pulled Blue Apron off, I got the email. I actually feel better now about getting the miles than I did when Blue Apron was still showing on the site. Also, my order information is kind of scrambled in the "block", so they may have just pulled them temporarily to fix an integration issue, but that's just a guess.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Blue Apron is (back) on the website. Mileage offer is now 3700 which is still much higher than their standard.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:14 am

I decided to give it a shot with Blue Apron even though I had signed up last year.
I signed up on 4/6 and this morning the eshopping site shows the transaction with 5,000 LPs + miles in “pending” state.
Hopefully the miles will post to AA in a day or two.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:20 am

I gave Blue Apron a shot on 4/6 and it shows under my store visits but not under recent ones. Did y’all get miles a few days after buying or after receiving the first order? I’m receiving mine today.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I would have signed up for Blue Apron at 5k LPs but unfortunately I had a longish trip coming up and did not want to mess with it. Bad timing.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
I would have signed up for Blue Apron at 5k LPs but unfortunately I had a longish trip coming up and did not want to mess with it. Bad timing.
Same here. Bummer. Hopefully it comes back at this level some time in the next 11 months.
nk15 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
You could have signed up and skipped the deliveries for up to 5 weeks.
Based on my recent experience, the miles are credited a couple of days after signing up regardless of when the first delivery is scheduled.
nk15 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.