Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by stu52
Well, the assumption of making EXP is based upon the posting of the DBLEQ miles to your account and then the recognition of EXP by AA. Since it looks like they are processing the DBLEQ bonuses in batches it's all dependent upon when they decide to run that last batch. Personally I hope they run it BEFORE the end of the year, but I think it's more likely that they will do it when the online AAdvantage account information month-end processing is done which looks like around the 8th of each month. I would not count on it, but it MIGHT be worth a call prior to your return on the 7th.
It seems like they posted the double miles for last month on the 3rd though.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
So, to be clear, based on what I am reading, the following is TRUE??

If I travel MIA-NAS, which normally is only 183 air miles, I get the minimum EQM of 500

So, now due to this promotion, flying that segment will get me 1000 EQM?

Correct?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:08 am

Correct.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Welcome, waveslider! You'll find a wealth of great info here. And contrats on your new status. Enjoy.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Does AA still offer soft landing for elite?
Thinking about EXP, but the cost is about $1000.
I am about 28k EQM short. Not sure how much I can fly next year.
Most of my flight are out of my own pocket.
I am sure that I will have a PEK trip next year. SWU will be handy.
But PEK trip won't even make me gold. If AA still offer soft landing, it will give me one more reason to do a MR.
Decision, Decision, Decision......
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by yuchung5
But PEK trip won't even make me gold. If AA still offer soft landing, it will give me one more reason to do a MR.
Yes, AA still has the soft landing policy. I'm in the same boat as you, currently a PLT and was going to end the year 25,000 miles short of EXP. Last night I booked an LHR-SFO run routing through MIA in early December for just over 600 dollars which will make me EXP for the year. I don't have nearly as much travel planned for next year as I had this year but the EVIP's will certainly be nice and guaranteeing some sort of status with AA through 2012 definitely makes the MR worth it in my opinion. If you've got the time and can afford it go for it.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by yuchung5
Go fo it!!!
In another thread I actually said that one of the reasons I am getting to EXP this year, is because I will continue to be an Elite with AA for the next 3 years even if do not board a plane on those 3 years. Of course I am planning on doing at least my vacation flights if not more (business flights) with AA or OW carriers.

So the answer to your question is: Yes.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
If you're doing a MR for EXP, consider doing enough to get to 125k EQM. That extra 12.5k of flying can get you 75k RDM (12.5k base, 12.5k elite, 50k bonus if you choose 25k RDM for both of your ELTRW choices) or 25k RDM and 4 EVIPs (if you choose EVIPs for your choices). If you do the math, you'll probably find it very worthwhile.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
If all of the DBLEQ miles were to post for the flights I've taken now, I'd make EXP. Has anybody had success (or lack of success) calling AAdvantage CS and begging/pleading for DBLEQ posting?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by resnick
If all of the DBLEQ miles were to post for the flights I've taken now, I'd make EXP. Has anybody had success (or lack of success) calling AAdvantage CS and begging/pleading for DBLEQ posting?
Yes. Several people have reported being denied. I haven't seen any cases of success. They're posted in this thread.

AA tend not to give shortcuts on top of very generous shortcuts.

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Originally Posted by brp
Several people have reported being denied. I haven't seen any cases of success. They're posted in this thread.
I got lazy after about 10 of the 36 pages of posts.

Originally Posted by brp
AA tend not to give shortcuts on top of very generous shortcuts.
I figured. Hoping against hope. (*sniff*)

I will continue chomping at the bit.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker first time poster here. I've been traveling on a "whoever has the cheapest ticket" plan for many years.. but just recently (in the last year or two) have become cognizant of trying to achieve status on a particular airline. After reading this
site and wising up, I shudder to think of the few flights I took for which I (GASP!) earned NO miles simply due to not being signed up with an FF program.

Anyhow I've decided on the AA program as the one to shoot for, mainly because I've got the Citi AAdvantage cards and I'm already working that mileage angle. At this point I have absolutely zero EQM on AA (took a few AA flights this year, but used my LANpass number to reap the kilometers). I'd like to achieve gold by the end of this year, mainly to remove the 100k mile earning cap on my Citi AAdvantage cards. The Double EQM promotion going on right now looks like just the opportunity. I'd like to do this in as few flights as possible. Meaning, if possible, one.

Anyone have a suggestion of a single flights that would reap 25K EQM with the DBLEQM promotion (ex LAX)? Have any of you previously achieved gold status with a single flight??
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
I can't read through all 35+ pages, but does anyone know when the next sweep is happening? Are we just guessing it'll be once a month around the third week?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BrianV
I can't read through all 35+ pages, but does anyone know when the next sweep is happening? Are we just guessing it'll be once a month around the third week?
Nobody knows. Any guesses here are simply based on what happened last month. Since the last one happened around the first week of the month, I'm assuming that on one is guessing third week this time around, though.

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JumboJ
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker first time poster here. I've been traveling on a "whoever has the cheapest ticket" plan for many years.. but just recently (in the last year or two) have become cognizant of trying to achieve status on a particular airline. After reading this
site and wising up, I shudder to think of the few flights I took for which I (GASP!) earned NO miles simply due to not being signed up with an FF program.

Anyhow I've decided on the AA program as the one to shoot for, mainly because I've got the Citi AAdvantage cards and I'm already working that mileage angle. At this point I have absolutely zero EQM on AA (took a few AA flights this year, but used my LANpass number to reap the kilometers). I'd like to achieve gold by the end of this year, mainly to remove the 100k mile earning cap on my Citi AAdvantage cards. The Double EQM promotion going on right now looks like just the opportunity. I'd like to do this in as few flights as possible. Meaning, if possible, one.

Anyone have a suggestion of a single flights that would reap 25K EQM with the DBLEQM promotion (ex LAX)? Have any of you previously achieved gold status with a single flight??

Of course, you could get LAN KMs by flying AA.
If you don't fly enough of both to make status, then concentrating on either AA or LAN might be the thing to do. After all, you can get LAN awards using AA miles.

There is no single flight that will get you 25K EQM, as there are no bonus mileage single flights that will get you 12500 EQM. Why is a single flight needed?
A roundtrip to Europe could do it. For example LAX-ORD-FCO is 6568 in each direction (I didn't check to see if ORD-FCO is still flying...but there are other options). Yes, I know.. 4 flights, not 1.. But I live in the real world.

Now, regarding GOLD and single flight. Easy to do in a challenge. LAX-LHR, if done on a fare earning more than one point per mile, is over the 5K needed for a challenge, or a discounted roundtrip at .5 EQP per mile. Or.. take a 1.0 EQP per mile fare and get PLT status, with a challenge, for a round trip flight. Or..... take advantage of the Double EQM and fly a roundtrip to anywhere, at almost any fare, as long as it is 12500 miles.

Last edited by mvoight; Oct 19, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.