Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Endragua
What about the elite rewards? You think a person would retroactively qualify for those as well?
Please read what people are writing. There is nothing retroactive about any of this. They have announced two programs:

One is for the doubling of EQM earned during a certain period. The EQM during this period will be doubled and applied for this year.

The second is for benefits based on EQM earned during 2009. Therefore, EQM earned during 2009 will be counted.

There's way too much panic-monkeying going on here. It would not be in AA's best interest to devise a promotion with inherent flaws as large and obvious as what people are asking about.

Let's apply a little does of rational reality when reviewing these conditions, as opposed to paranoia.

(And this is in response to a number of Chicken Little scenarios discussed, and not just yours.)

Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nhg
Hmmm...if those dates are correct and I do a MR beforehand, I would hit EXP while sitting in a cafe in Turin after flying SFO-JFK-MIL on Nov 26....a SWU on the way back would be nice, but can anybody speak to the likelihood of getting a SWU for a Dec 1 return (requesting only 2 or 3 days beforehand), assuming that the speculative date of a Nov 28 batch is correct?
Well the answer most likely is NO. No you will not be an EXP on Nov 28 if you are relying on nov 26 flight EQMs or DBEQMs to become an EXP. Nov 26 flights EQMs will not post by Nov 28.

Last DBEQM update run (on Oct 2) included flights posted through Sept 24. That makes it even less likely that your Nov 26 flight will be part of the November 28 DBEQM batch run.

As a side note, I have never understood why it takes AA more than 72 hours to post EQMs. UA does it within 24 hours.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:34 pm

Mileage calculations on this promotion..

i am a long time lurker and this is my first post.. i have to start off by saying some of you guys are NUTS for some of the crazy runs and plans that you do.. honestly most of you guys are probably consultants who do this crap on your clients time .. it would be funny to see what happens at accenture or IBM if they started tracking who went to flyertalk

second of all.. some of you guys are studs.. you guys find some good stuff.. like this one..

so here is what i am wondering.. I am a plat and if i do a SFO-JFK run then am i safe to assume.. and based on this program..

EQM= 10,000 (5K round trip x 2)
Actual miles earned are = 20,000 (5K round trip+ 100% Plat bonus+ x2 bonus)

I need about 43K Miles to get to EXP but the bigger need is that i need about 100K miles for a BIG family trip (i am flying A LOT of people out).. wanted to see if you wizards can tell me if i am correct in the reasoning..
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:38 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkjunk123

Welcome out of Lurkerland!

Yes, you will get around 10K EQM (5K x 2)
No, you will not get 20K RDM (redeemable miles). The promotion doesn't double these, only the EQM. You will get the regular 5K plus the 100% PLT bonus, for a total of 10K RDM.

Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
If you fly after Jan 2nd, then any elite miles for those flights will belong to the 2010 year. So I guess, yes? Miles awarded after Jan 2nd are applied to 2010?

They run the batch on Jan 2nd since after Dec 31, there is no way to earn miles for the 2009 year. You just need to wait for miles for flights on Dec 31 or before to post. Since DBLEQ ends on Dec 15, any miles that need to be doubled will have posted by Jan 2. Miles needed for ELTRW for flights flown on Dec 31 or before count as in the 2009 year.
ALL DBLEQ miles will be applied to 2009, since they were actually "earned" in 2009, even if they are posted in 2010.... the same as normal EQM earned on a Dec 31, 2009 flight, but posted in 2010, are counted for 2009 status.
..... the same as activity in an 18 month period, and NOT just what is posted in the 18 month period, determines where your miles expire or not. The date of the activity determines when it is earned, not the post date...
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
ALL DBLEQ miles will be applied to 2009, since they were actually "earned" in 2009, even if they are posted in 2010.... the same as normal EQM earned on a Dec 31, 2009 flight, but posted in 2010, are counted for 2009 status.
..... the same as activity in an 18 month period, and NOT just what is posted in the 18 month period, determines where your miles expire or not. The date of the activity determines when it is earned, not the post date...
Sometimes, confusion arises because terminology is not precise. When I said "awarded", I used it as "earned", not "posted", so you are saying the same thing I am. The question I was replying to used "awarded" and I assumed he meant "earned" also, but if he meant "posted", then obviously I will be inaccurate.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jkjunk123
i am a long time lurker and this is my first post.. i have to start off by saying some of you guys are NUTS for some of the crazy runs and plans that you do.. honestly most of you guys are probably consultants who do this crap on your clients time .. it would be funny to see what happens at accenture or IBM if they started tracking who went to flyertalk

second of all.. some of you guys are studs.. you guys find some good stuff.. like this one..

so here is what i am wondering.. I am a plat and if i do a SFO-JFK run then am i safe to assume.. and based on this program..

I need about 43K Miles to get to EXP but the bigger need is that i need about 100K miles for a BIG family trip (i am flying A LOT of people out).. wanted to see if you wizards can tell me if i am correct in the reasoning..
heh! I've been visiting these forums for about 2 years, and signed up about a year ago, when I made Plat for the first time. i was always of the belief that some FT'ers were a bit of their rockers, voluntarily spending time in airplanes! Now with these DBEQMs and ELTRWs, I'm seriously contemplating a bid for EXP, and have been creating mock-itineraries to DEL, SIN & NRT the past 3 days!!!

Its official folks, I'm a convert! Pass me the Koolaid!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Sometimes, confusion arises because terminology is not precise. When I said "awarded", I used it as "earned", not "posted", so you are saying the same thing I am. The question I was replying to used "awarded" and I assumed he meant "earned" also, but if he meant "posted", then obviously I will be inaccurate.
Yes, it was a misunderstanding. The person you answered was concerned about getting 2009 EQM credit if the bonus didn't post until Jan 2. I thought the "Yes" in your response was an agreement of that. I just wanted to clarify that DBL EQM for flights in 2009, would be for the 2009 qualifying period, even though they might not post until 2010.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Originally Posted by brp
Please read what people are writing. There is nothing retroactive about any of this. They have announced two programs:

One is for the doubling of EQM earned during a certain period. The EQM during this period will be doubled and applied for this year.

The second is for benefits based on EQM earned during 2009. Therefore, EQM earned during 2009 will be counted.

There's way too much panic-monkeying going on here. It would not be in AA's best interest to devise a promotion with inherent flaws as large and obvious as what people are asking about.

Let's apply a little does of rational reality when reviewing these conditions, as opposed to paranoia.
+1,

Thanks!

Originally Posted by brp
(And this is in response to a number of Chicken Little scenarios discussed, and not just yours.)

Cheers.

Last edited by dstan; Oct 22, 2009 at 11:27 am Reason: Please do not include your response in quotes of other members' posts
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
could someone please post what it will look like on my account when it posts? I received an email 2 weeks ago saying it posted and haven't seen it on my account. I've only seen "NEW YORK AREA DOUBLE MILES" post to my account.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
could someone please post what it will look like on my account when it posts? I received an email 2 weeks ago saying it posted and haven't seen it on my account. I've only seen "NEW YORK AREA DOUBLE MILES" post to my account.
You will not see anything except the count in the Elite Qualifying Miles being bumped up. Unless you were keeping track of what it is was, it is hard to see. Also, note that this is for double EQM, not redeemable miles (which the NYC promo was for).
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by vrbaba
You will not see anything except the count in the Elite Qualifying Miles being bumped up. Unless you were keeping track of what it is was, it is hard to see. Also, note that this is for double EQM, not redeemable miles (which the NYC promo was for).
Yea I know they are not redeemable miles but I guess I ASSumed I would see them listed anyway somehow....

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2009, 6:04 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
Yea I know they are not redeemable miles but I guess I ASSumed I would see them listed anyway somehow....

Thanks
Nope. Even regular EQMs are not listed in the flight summaries. For AA flights they happen to equal the RDM, so that can be used as a guide. But there is no listing of them, just a bumping of the number. Same for EQP.actually.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:31 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Another good reason to save a PDF copy of your account summary after each flight posts - makes it much easier to detect when things like DBLEQ post.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:50 pm

This may be lost in the gazillion pages but some FTers have been keeping a spreadsheet. I took that advice and it is well worth it. I keep a running tab of EQMs, DEQMs, posted miles, pending miles, upcoming flights, etc. So far everything adds up and will help figure what bonus miles have posted. I even use come formulas to figure out the dates I'll hit EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.