Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:06 pm

So... theoretically, if you got an agent to manually post the miles, you could get a later flight to post and be counted in the sweep?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
My double miles haven't posted. Should I be concerned and call or is there a rollout and could be later for them to show up in my account? Did they show up this AM in everyone's account or does it take a day or two roll "in"? TIA
Old Nov 1, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Just did out the math, with the return of this promo I'll make Plat for the first time w/o the aid of a challenge. Turning Thanksgiving into LAX-ORD-JFK-LAX instead of just LAX-ORD-LAX cinched it. Also, as an aside, considering what holiday prices have been, and the fact that I just booked it, getting it for $700 all-in was pretty good too.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zipadee
My double miles haven't posted. Should I be concerned and call or is there a rollout and could be later for them to show up in my account? Did they show up this AM in everyone's account or does it take a day or two roll "in"? TIA
Be concerned. Be very concerned. Miles don't "roll in". They appear in everyone's account the same day.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 5:07 pm

When were your flights?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1.4MM
Mine didn't either (LAX-ORD-PVG and back - 7 Oct and 19 Oct). Called the Plat Desk - they sent me to the regular AA Cust Service #. I was assured the DEQM have been posted and will appear tomorrow.

I'd be interested if you call(ed) if you get(got) the same response.

Last edited by West Coast Ace; Nov 1, 2009 at 5:31 pm Reason: add info
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
One of three flights completed yesterday toward EXP and Lifetime Gold thanks for all the advice everyone.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Oct 10 and 17 flights posted. Glad to be PLT again! On the way to EXP by end of promotion.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:34 am
arc

Programs: AA ExPt 1MM, SPG Au
I was very happy to see the DEQM promotion again, but going back through my flight records, I found it very interesting that the current DEQM promotion applies to all flights regardless as to when booked, while the spring promo was only applicable to flights booked within the relevant period. I missed out on about 8500 EQM's 'cause of that ...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by beerup
Double elite qualifying miles (DEQM) can be calculated by the following formula:

2 x EQM

In your case 2 x 500 EQM

^^ This is Nobel Prize--winning kind of stuff. Thank you for distilling this arcane concept to its essence. ^^
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mariott Plat
So, do the double elite qualifying points count in my race to 125,000? I am currently have 101,000 and have a trip to HKG (MIA-DFW-NRT-HKG, HKG-NRT-LAX-MIA) booked the first week of December.

It would be pretty sweet to get those 4 extra SWU's...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by ufsteph
So, do the double elite qualifying points count in my race to 125,000? I am currently have 101,000 and have a trip to HKG (MIA-DFW-NRT-HKG, HKG-NRT-LAX-MIA) booked the first week of December.

It would be pretty sweet to get those 4 extra SWU's...
Yes, they count.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mariott Plat
Originally Posted by miamigrad
Yes, they count.
Thanks, looks like I'll make it with no problem then. I'm not sure if it is sad or exciting that I will have no problem using 10 SWUs next year...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
I thought I had it all straight, but now I'm confused & AA gave me two different answers.

As a PLT, when I fly 2000 miles in paid first class, what's my DEQM result from the promotion ???
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by dsldog400
I thought I had it all straight, but now I'm confused & AA gave me two different answers.

As a PLT, when I fly 2000 miles in paid first class, what's my DEQM result from the promotion ???
4000 [2000 + the DEQM 2000]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.