Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by MIAtraveler83
Hey everyone ... this is my first thread and I am a new member as of today. I've been platinum for two years now and was gold for two years prior. I'm pretty young, but have a job that requires me to travel monthly. I was traveling mostly domestic (aside from vacation) until the beginning of this year when I started traveling mostly international. I actually started flying Lufthansa because I was told I'd be going to Germany 4 times and at first I likd what I read about the airline and Star Alliance overall. Its a pain in a half to get any status with them, so in April it was back to AA for me. I had only travel to London r/t and NYC on AA up until about April (and I wish that hadn't been the case b/c I flew on Lufthansa to Germany twice and all throughout the Middle East), but ever since then, I've flown AA r/t to London, France, and Germany.

From the start of this promo, I did a Germany r/t and now have Russia r/t this upcoming week, Spain the week after Thxgiving, and Costa Rica on Dec 11th... I'll actually have flown enough by the time I return from Spain on Dec 4th (about 108k actually when calculating the DEQM for the upcoming trips) and then the r/t to Costa Rica ... pretty excited about EXP, though I think I would have actually made it because I was willing to travel r/t to Tokyo for sushi just for the 15k LOLOL...haha!

I'll be looking forward to seeing the official status once all the miles post, though I'll be in no rush from mid-Dec through the rest of '09 since I will not be traveling abroad until mid Jan ... hopefully by then the SWU will have kicked in and I'm just hoping I don't burn through those before June!
Welcome to Flyertalk and prospective EXP status!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Darn! If they do the next sweep for flights up to 11/18, it looks like I won't hit EXP until they do the final tally.

Hopefully, it'll happen soon enough to be able to use those SWU's for a scheduled mid-Jan. trip to LHR.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Apologies for not being able to read all 700+ posts in this thread, nor being able to find the answer via search.

Question re: flying segments shorter than 500 miles. As a current PLT, I know I get 500 mile minimum on any flight, but how are the EQM and DBEQM posted? If I fly the 300-some mile segment SNA-SFO will I receive 1,000 EQM (including the double promo)?

Thanks for putting up with the stupid question.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:05 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by trojanman
Apologies for not being able to read all 700+ posts in this thread, nor being able to find the answer via search.

Question re: flying segments shorter than 500 miles. As a current PLT, I know I get 500 mile minimum on any flight, but how are the EQM and DBEQM posted? If I fly the 300-some mile segment SNA-SFO will I receive 1,000 EQM (including the double promo)?

Yes, you'll get 500+500=1000 EQM
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat

Yes, you will get the full 1000 miles.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold

the 500 mile minimum get applied before calculating bonuses for EQM, EQP and RDM (including elite bonuses of 25% for GLD, 100% for PLT/EXP).
Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Just to make sure: you HAVE actually registered for DBLEQ and ELTRW, right?
Yes ... I don't know how I didn't see it earlier, but when I was on the phone with CS the rep told me that she'd put me on the promo. I then called the next day to make sure I was on it AND I had also registered online ... I'm slightly OCD when it comes to things like this, so I'm definitley registered.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
DBLEQM question

Has anyone tried calling AAdvantage customer service after the flight miles have posted, but before the additional EQM have posted to try and get the status to post faster? My situation is this: The flight that will put me over the 50k mark, based on the promo, occurs on December 6th. My next flight is December 25th, and I've elected to try my luck with stickers, instead of miles. However, I'd obviously rather play that game as Plat vs. Gold. Any success with getting them to manually post status early assuming the actual flights have been taken?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:22 pm

Many have asked this on the DBLEQ thread, and many more have said no. I would highly doubt AA would expedite posting of the double miles given that you're already getting the benefit of getting double miles. It's part of the conditions for the promo.

I'm in the same boat, but it's no big deal. One more flight in coach is better than a whole year in coach.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by JumboD
Has anyone tried calling AAdvantage customer service after the flight miles have posted, but before the additional EQM have posted to try and get the status to post faster? My situation is this: The flight that will put me over the 50k mark, based on the promo, occurs on December 6th. My next flight is December 25th, and I've elected to try my luck with stickers, instead of miles. However, I'd obviously rather play that game as Plat vs. Gold. Any success with getting them to manually post status early assuming the actual flights have been taken?
I tried something similar during the double EQM promotion this spring. Customer service cannot do anything to acknowledge your DBEQM miles before they post through the automated system.

However, if your next flight will put you over the platinum threshold (e.g. you already have 48,000 EQMS posted in your account and your next flight is more than 2,000 miles) then customer service can go ahead and bump you to platinum so that you will have that status on that flight.

If you have already requested the sticker upgrades as a gold, and your status changes to plat via any means, be sure and call customer service to make sure your new status is reflected in the upgrade request. You will get priority based on your original request date and plat status.

Last edited by janetdoe; Nov 10, 2009 at 5:36 pm
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LTP;Marriott Platinum
I was just on the phone with the EXP line and asked this very question (for my girlfriend who is currently in Europe and will be PLAT once the DBLEQ miles post -- almost certainly after she is back). I received the same answer it appears many other have received: NO.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I tried something similar during the double EQM promotion this spring. Customer service cannot do anything to acknowledge your DBEQM miles before they post through the automated system.

However, if your next flight will put you over the platinum threshold (e.g. you already have 48,000 EQMS posted in your account and your next flight is more than 2,000 miles) then customer service can go ahead and bump you to platinum so that you will have that status on that flight.

If you have already requested the sticker upgrades as a gold, and your status changes to plat via any means, be sure and call customer service to make sure your new status is reflected in the upgrade request. You will get priority based on your original request date and plat status.
Good to know. I'm expecting another 2,500 to post from the promo any day now. That brings me to 42,000. My next trip is LAX-ORD-LGA/JFK-LAX, good for about 5k. That brings me to 47k before the DBLEQM post for the Chicago/NY trip.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by janetdoe

Hmmm... This is interesting. I'm going to be at 99,500 or so after my next flight, and it probably won't be counted in the sweep so the double miles won't push me over 100 for another month. I will be taking a flight two weeks after. Are you saying I can call CS and ask them to "prepost" my miles so I get EXP status (and complimentary upgrades) for that flight that will earn me more than 500 miles?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My next flight is December 25th, and I've elected to try my luck with stickers, instead of miles. However, I'd obviously rather play that game as Plat vs. Gold.
I predict a good chance of getting that upgrade on Dec 25 even as a gold. Dec 25 is a very low travel day and most frequent flyers and business travelers are not flying on that day.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:04 pm

Good to know. I'm expecting another 2,500 to post from the promo any day now. That brings me to 42,000. My next trip is LAX-ORD-LGA/JFK-LAX, good for about 5k. That brings me to 47k before the DBLEQM post for the Chicago/NY trip.
You may have to wait for awhile. The DBLEQMs have posted at the end of each month, if I remember correctly. So if your bonus miles did not post on 10/31, you probably will need to wait until the end of November.

Sounds like your next trip LAX-NYC on 12/6 is the one you count on to make Plat based on DBLEQMs, but odds are you won't make Plat by December 25, even though the promotion will end on 12/15. The bonus EQMs will post by the end of year though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.