Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by soriano
Sorry if this has been answered, as I tried to look through the 44 pages, but the answers that came up did not seem conclusive at the time.

If I fly *on* December 15th - will this count for the DBLEQ promotion (I am registered)? My flight will begin and conclude on the 15th.

Thanks
Yes. The terms say they will count.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by brp
Yup. BIS, including guaranteed minimum mileages, not RDM. Really even simpler.
More correctly, it's base miles earned. That's BIS with guaranteed minimums on AA flight numbers, but can be less on some partners on some fares.

AA's Upgrades page is very clear (emphasis added):

AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members earn four 500-mile electronic upgrades for every 10,000 qualifying base miles flown (including guaranteed minimum miles) during your membership year (March 1 or the date you qualify for elite status, through the last day of February). So, the more you fly, the more upgrades you earn.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:54 am
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
Originally Posted by gemac
You are misremembering. You can call to get partial credit for the 10,000 mile piece you are working on. Example: When you cross 100 segments, you have 78,250 miles toward upgrades. You have received 7 x 4 = 28 stickers so far this year, for crossing 7 10,000 mile increments. You have 8,250 miles towards the next increment. You call in, and you can get 2, or 3, or possibly even 4, stickers, depending on the whim of the AAgent. Some will say they can't give more than 2 as partial credit. Some may give 3, because that's what you really earned (at 2,500 miles each). Some might even give you 4, because you seem like a nice person. But you won't get 12, which is what you would have earned if you had actually flown 100,000 miles.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing this up. I guess this is in line with the logic that you are not going to earn stickers starting at the point you are entitled to free upgrades.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), DL PLT
Checking for the DEQM

I saw (from LHR) today that my Oct-30 flight had posted but not the DEQM. I am uncertain why the timing would be different, but I am going to keep an eye on it as this trip should take me into EXP.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Degan
I saw (from LHR) today that my Oct-30 flight had posted but not the DEQM. I am uncertain why the timing would be different, but I am going to keep an eye on it as this trip should take me into EXP.
All is revealed in this thread.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
The T&C state that the DBEQM post several weeks later. Read through this thread and you'll see that they've been doing monthly sweeps. No need to worry... the extra EQM will show up. Just not immediately.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:49 am

Just wait until the end of November. It's not guaranteed, but there's reason to believe they will post around the 28th.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by miamigrad
The T&C state that the DBEQM post several weeks later. Read through this thread and you'll see that they've been doing monthly sweeps. No need to worry... the extra EQM will show up. Just not immediately.
Ok, so some here will find this an annoying question as I know it's been discussed. BUT.... if I fly from fll or even transfer fll-dfw-lhr on AA metal will I receive miles for it?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
my miles from the first leg of my MR posted along with the NY DBL RDM bonus. Nothing from the DBL EQM though.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
Ok, so some here will find this an annoying question as I know it's been discussed. BUT.... if I fly from fll or even transfer fll-dfw-lhr on AA metal will I receive miles for it?
If it has an AA flight number to go with it, you get double elite miles. If not, then it's based on the partner's mile-earning with AA.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Got an email today informing that DBLEQ miles have been posted. Anyone else got the same posting period?

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel flown starting September 2, 2009, and continuing through December 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBLEQ).

A total of 2455 additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted between September 27, 2009, and October 24, 2009. As you continue to fly during the offer period, you will receive additional email notifications regarding the posting of double elite qualifying miles.

To check your account, login and view the summary of your YTD Elite Qualifying Miles. This updated total includes your bonus elite qualifying miles. Please note that you will not see a separate transaction in the detail portion of your summary. And, as a reminder, since this promotion only applied to elite qualifying miles, no corresponding updates are reflected in your Program to Date Miles or Total Available Award Mileage balances.

Congratulations! We hope this puts you well on your way to qualifying or re-qualifying for elite status* and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
If it has an AA flight number to go with it, you get double elite miles. If not, then it's based on the partner's mile-earning with AA.
So if it says AA3456 (making it up) then I'm good to go?
Thank you!!!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Got an email today informing that DBLEQ miles have been posted. Anyone else got the same posting period?
I did, too. But I'm not too worried yet as others have also not seen their DEQM's post on flights around 21 Oct or so.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ilovetofly
I did but as told by others here, I copied down my exact info from before the posting and there is NO change in my miles. Anyone else?
Do I need to phone? Am I missing something?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:39 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
I did but as told by others here, I copied down my exact info from before the posting and there is NO change in my miles. Anyone else?
Do I need to phone? Am I missing something?
From my experience the email follows the actual posting of the miles by (possibly) several weeks--check previous statements to see any changes in eqm from this DBLEQ promo.
[It would have been much nicer if aa posted the dbleqm when the flights themselves posted as the are doing with the nyc rdm promo.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.