FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/991008-promo-double-eqm-again-dbleq-sep-2-dec-15-2009-consolidated.html)

hillrider Sep 2, 2009 9:05 am

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

MODERATOR'S NOTES:

10/3/09 - Qualifying flights from 9/2/09 through 9/23/09 have posted.
10/31/09 - Qualifying flights from 9/24/09 through 10/21/09 have posted.
11/28/09 - Qualifying flights from 10/22/09 through 11/17/09 have posted.
12/2/09 - Qualifying flights from 11/18/09 through 12/15/09 are scheduled to post on January 2, 2010 and WILL count toward 2009 elite status qualification.
1/2/10 - Qualifying flights from 11/18/09 through 12/15/10 have posted. These EQM will NOT show up in the Current account summary as counters have been reset for 2010. However, those due for advancement to the next status level should see it reflected in their accounts now. Those due for status renewal or attaining ELTRW earning levels can confirm their final tallies in the upcoming Jan 2010 account statement, which will include 2009 totals.

For some additional information on the timing of DBLEQ posts to your account:

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin (Post 12346068)
I called AA several days ago to ask this same question (after not getting a definitive response here on the boards). They say it will nominally take 6--8 weeks for the double miles to post, but that it should take sooner and that the miles should count for this year's elite qualification. More importantly, for ELTRW, the January 9 deadline is just to prevent people from calling in April saying they flew but just never thought to check their miles until now and to do some retroactive magic to give them the rewards. The lady told me that ELTRW was designed with DBLEQ in mind and even if you fly on Dec 15, the double miles should post and count towards your count for ELTRW. If it doesn't, call them up and they'll gladly fix it right away, as long as you do it _before_ January 9.

It sounds like the wording for Jan 9 is just there to make their lives easier afterwards and prevent forgetful people from giving them headaches down the road.

It seems the following could use some reemphasizing - codeshares are explicitly NOT eligible for DBLEQ:

AAdvantage elite-qualifying double mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® marketed and operated flights between September 2, 2009, and December 15, 2009, regardless of when the ticket was booked or purchased. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.
dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New press release:

American Airlines Offers Double Elite-Qualifying Miles and Elite Rewards For AAdvantage Members
Reach AAdvantage Elite Status Faster and Earn Additional Rewards

FORT WORTH, Texas, Sept. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Starting today, American Airlines frequent flyers will be able to enjoy two special promotions geared toward putting them on a priority path to AAdvantage Gold(R), AAdvantage Platinum(R) or AAdvantage Executive Platinum(R) status, along with the opportunity to select from a list of great extra rewards in recognition of their loyalty.

The Double Elite-Qualifying Miles promotion allows customers to earn twice the elite status qualifying miles when they fly on American Airlines, American Eagle, and AmericanConnection between Sept. 2, and Dec. 15, 2009. That means they'll be able to reach elite status faster than normal, either for the first time or enabling them to re-qualify now for their current status through February 2011. Customers who qualify based on elite-qualifying miles need to accumulate 25,000 elite-qualifying miles for AAdvantage Gold status; 50,000 miles for AAdvantage Platinum; and 100,000 miles for AAdvantage Executive Platinum in a calendar year. For more information regarding qualifying for AAdvantage elite status, visit www.aa.com/elitestatus.

"We greatly value our members' loyalty and want to give them something extra this year for their continued commitment to the AAdvantage program," said Rob Friedman, President - AAdvantage Marketing Programs at American Airlines. "With our special promotion, there's no need for AAdvantage members to wait to experience the benefits of their travel."

To qualify for the Double Elite-Qualifying Miles promotion, AAdvantage members need to register prior to travel using promotion code DBLEQ. To participate in the Elite Rewards promotion, simply register prior to Dec. 15, using promotion code ELTRW.

About the AAdvantage Program

The AAdvantage Program was the first and is the world's largest frequent flyer program. Established in 1981, the program now has more than 60 million members. Members can earn miles at more than 1,000 participating companies, which include more than 30 hotel chains representing more than 60 brands, more than 20 airlines, eight car-rental companies, 12 financial companies, and over 250 brand name retailers. In addition, members can earn miles when making purchases with one of more than 100 affinity card products in over 40 countries. In 2008, AAdvantage members redeemed more than 155 billion miles to claim more than 4.8 million awards for flights, upgrades and car rentals. For more information and a listing of AAdvantage program participating companies, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.

Terms and Conditions

Elite Rewards Terms and Conditions:

This offer is open only to AAdvantage members who are AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Gold members as of December 31, 2009. The member status as of December 31, 2009, and the number of miles/points earned in 2009 will determine which reward options are applicable. A valid email address with AAdvantage eSummary(SM) opt-in must be on file with the AAdvantage program by December 31, 2009, in order to be notified and provided instructions on how to select the reward online. Registration prior to 12:00 midnight (CT), December 15, 2009, is required. For complete details, visit www.aa.com/eliterewards.

Qualifying miles/points must be posted to the AAdvantage member's account by January 9, 2010, to qualify for this offer.

Double Elite-Qualifying Miles Offer Terms and Conditions:
Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel, but do count toward qualification for AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® status. AAdvantage elite-qualifying double mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® marketed and operated flights between September 2, 2009, and December 15, 2009, regardless of when the ticket was booked or purchased. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. Registration prior to travel is required. This offer does not increment the member's elite-qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be deposited into the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after travel is posted to your account.

ELTRW Terms and Conditions, discussion and questions here.

About American Airlines

American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection(R) serve 250 cities in 40 countries with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com(R), provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld(R) Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in more than 130 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR)

AmericanAirlines(R) We know why you fly(R)

Current AMR Corp. releases can be accessed on the Internet.

The address is http://www.aa.com

SOURCE American Airlines

hillrider Sep 2, 2009 9:07 am

The *important stuff*

Registration is required.

All details etc at www.aa.com/elite

MM983 Sep 2, 2009 9:08 am

Ahh .. nevermind. Prior bookings count.

American is awesome. If I calculated my upcoming mileage right... Platinum here I come!

FWAAA Sep 2, 2009 9:23 am

It's no secret that AA, like all legacy airlines, is hurting for cash. So this promo isn't too big a surprise.

What I still don't understand is why the promo doesn't include double elite qualifying points. This is the third such promo in less than 18 months and none have awarded double eqps. Wouldn't it make sense to try to convince passengers to pay higher fares?

jucstransport Sep 2, 2009 9:23 am

Wow, yous guys are fast off the mark.

Now lets see if we can get EXP by the end of the year!

FWAAA Sep 2, 2009 9:26 am

Originally Posted by hillrider (Post 12319275)
Registration is required.

All details etc at www.aa.com/elite

And very important to note that separate registrations are required for double miles and elite rewards, different than last year, when one registration covered both.

njfan07 Sep 2, 2009 9:36 am

DEQM, 125K bonus, Plat/ExPlat bonus, DNYC bonus - nice! I wonder what AA will add in October?

llachance Sep 2, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for

the link. Got my husband signed up before he returns from Boston on Friday and heads out to Mumbai on Monday coming home via Milan the following week. Moving him closer to the 2 million mile mark every day ;) Signed my self up cuz I have a couple of flights coming up that will actually make me gold (no status here) but I love to take advantage of the miles he makes :)

bmxaggie Sep 2, 2009 9:47 am

Well I think this is a dumb promotion. I already got EXP this year from the previous promotion. I dont want anyone else getting Exec Plat.! Damn It!:)
I was looking forward to seeing all those Platniums and Golds behind me!:)

zacktravel Sep 2, 2009 9:51 am

I would venture to guess that due to restrictions in company travel, not that many would requalify normally. As long as the total does not exceed normal years, I am happy to get the bonuses for 125K.

zipadee Sep 2, 2009 10:04 am

Oh my word, this is fabulous news! I had hoped for something like this. I was unable to fly during the spring one but had several trips planned for the fall. The location of one may be adjusted as a result of this to get more miles LOL

thanks for the word!

DocD Sep 2, 2009 10:12 am

Timing Questions: Plat to ExPlat

Hi gang:

Right now, I have: 63,601 EQMs.

Two trips coming up:
CMI-DFW-NRT (October)
CMI-ORD-LHR (November)

I usually top out around 80K per year so am rather excited about the possibility of EXP.

The two trips above should put me over (fingers crossed).

1. When would EXPness begin? After my LHR trip or sometime in 2010?

2. If I do get EXP, then I assume that I would forgo the PLT bonus (was eyeing the 15K bonus miles as I now have 919,767 PTD miles).

Cheers and thanks,
DocD

WalruSara Sep 2, 2009 10:13 am

I just got this email and nearly peed myself. Just wish tomorrow's DFW-CPH trip was on AA instead of DL... for a myriad of reasons, the least of which being DEQM promos.

Looks like the wedding in Cyprus I was still considering for November might have to be a GO! :D

How many other trips can I work in this year to hit EXP?

Hmmm....

^ AA.

ty97 Sep 2, 2009 10:14 am

Wow. Just, wow.

My initial reaction, right or wrong, is that AA is suffering badly to do this a second time this year. I sure hope not though.

Reward will be nice, I guess.

exitrow Sep 2, 2009 10:15 am

I'm bummed because now I'll have to contend with a lot more EXPs for the upgrades. AA has just diluted the value of the EXP level.