Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by dsldog400
I thought I had it all straight, but now I'm confused & AA gave me two different answers.

As a PLT, when I fly 2000 miles in paid first class, what's my DEQM result from the promotion ???
4000 EQM (2 x 2000 EQM)
3000 EQP (1.5 EQP/mile for first)

The AA Wiki is also a great resource:
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ility_%28AA%29

Last edited by miamigrad; Nov 2, 2009 at 11:24 am Reason: Thanks, sica4. My brain wasn't working properly
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by miamigrad
4000 EQM (2 x 2000 EQM)
3500 EQP (1.5 EQP/mile for first)
miamigrad is, of course correct. I assumed the OP just wanted to know about EQMs, but it is best to have the complete information.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Isn't 1.5 * 2000 = 3000 and not 3500?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by sica4
Isn't 1.5 * 2000 = 3000 and not 3500?
What? 2+2 doesn't equal 5 where you're from?!
Thanks for the correction, I've edited my post. My brain isn't working properly today.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by miamigrad
What? 2+2 doesn't equal 5 where you're from?!
Thanks for the correction, I've edited my post. My brain isn't working properly today.
You mean they're no longer doing the flown_miles*1.5 + 500 EQP min_addon for F anymore?

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA
Sorry if this has been answered, as I tried to look through the 44 pages, but the answers that came up did not seem conclusive at the time.

If I fly *on* December 15th - will this count for the DBLEQ promotion (I am registered)? My flight will begin and conclude on the 15th.

Thanks

Last edited by soriano; Nov 2, 2009 at 12:59 pm
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soriano
Sorry if this has been answered, as I tried to look through the 44 pages, but the answers that came up did not seem conclusive at the time.

If I fly *on* December 15th - will this count for the DBLEQ promotion (I am registered)? My flight will begin and conclude on the 15th.

Thanks
It should It's based on flight date, not post date, so you should be OK.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:12 pm
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Yes, that's what I meant to say: you get stickers for BIS miles; you get DEQMs during the promo at a rate of 2 EQM to 1 BISM. So March 15-June 15 and Sept 2-Dec 15 you earn half as many miles toward upgrades as EQM. For 100K BIS miles that would be 40 stickers; I'll hit EXP after flying about 68.5K BIS miles this year, so will have earned only 20 stickers before qualifying out of sticker-earning PLT territory -- fewer, actually, because I was short at the end of February and didn't call to get the pro-rated stickers. So though I'll finish out the year at just under 100K BIS miles, I won't acquire stickers after sometime next week, when I roll over 100K EQM.

Or will I? Seems unlikely to me.
Is there any confirmation this is actually the case (that there is no way to accumulate the full 40 stickers if you qualify for EXP via DBLEQ before hitting 100k MTEU)? I'm beginning to realize that this promotion might actually hurt me. I will hit the 100k this year for the first time (without DBLEQ), but will turn EXP before then. This means I will not earn the full 40 stickers, correct?

The reason I say this hurts me is b/c based on the specific flights I am planning to take, I do not think I'll get very much value out of being EXP before I would have otherwise qualified. I do often fly with my SO, so the extra stickers would be of value to me...

I remember reading somewhere that if you hit EXP via segments first, you might be able to call to request the additional stickers you earn (up to the 100k). Does anyone know if this is still the case and any thoughts on if we can employ the same tactic with this promo? I'll definitely try when the time comes around, but wanted to get thoughts if people have them...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:24 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't make this more confusing that it has to be. DBEQM has nothing to do with stickers. You earn 4 stickers for each 10K RDM. When you hit the 100K EQM/EQP or 100 segments, you stop earning stickers. In the case where the flight that puts you over EXP also passes another 10K RDM boundary, you can usually get those last 4 stickers. Sometimes happens automatically, sometimes a call. But you're not going to get EXP by taking advantage of DBEQM and get the full set of stickers you would have gotten had you not taken advantage of the promotion.

Just don't sign up (although it's probably too late), and you can get all the stickers.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by brp
Don't make this more confusing that it has to be. DBEQM has nothing to do with stickers. You earn 4 stickers for each 10K RDM. When you hit the 100K EQM/EQP or 100 segments, you stop earning stickers. In the case where the flight that puts you over EXP also passes another 10K RDM boundary, you can usually get those last 4 stickers. Sometimes happens automatically, sometimes a call. But you're not going to get EXP by taking advantage of DBEQM and get the full set of stickers you would have gotten had you not taken advantage of the promotion.

Just don't sign up (although it's probably too late), and you can get all the stickers.

Cheers.
With that explanation, I will hit 50K+ EQMs for a total of 100K EQMs + so will have EXP status. BUT my 50k will hit far sooner than the DEQM will hit. So theoretically, I will get my 4 extra stickers, no problem. Did I miss something?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:58 pm
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Gotcha. So am I mis-remembering that if you were to hit 100 segments (while still being under 100k flown miles for the year) you could call after the fact to get stickers up to the 100k mark?

Last edited by LDR; Nov 2, 2009 at 10:13 pm
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
You earn stickers per 10k FLOWN miles, not RDM.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Does the 500 mile minimum apply to that, or is it strictly base miles?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LDR
Gotcha. So am I mis-remembering that if you were to hit 100 segments (while still being under 100k flown miles for the year) you could call after the fact to get stickers up to the 100k mark?
You are misremembering. You can call to get partial credit for the 10,000 mile piece you are working on. Example: When you cross 100 segments, you have 78,250 miles toward upgrades. You have received 7 x 4 = 28 stickers so far this year, for crossing 7 10,000 mile increments. You have 8,250 miles towards the next increment. You call in, and you can get 2, or 3, or possibly even 4, stickers, depending on the whim of the AAgent. Some will say they can't give more than 2 as partial credit. Some may give 3, because that's what you really earned (at 2,500 miles each). Some might even give you 4, because you seem like a nice person. But you won't get 12, which is what you would have earned if you had actually flown 100,000 miles.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:58 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Yup. BIS, including guaranteed minimum mileages, not RDM. Really even simpler.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.