Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
2) Assuming I make EXP - any experience/ideas on when I would get eVIPs awarded and if it's a possibility for the return on Jan 7th?
If the VIPs don't appear in your account by late Dec, call Advantage customer service and ask if there's something they can do to help you. In the past they've allowed me (and others, based on other FT posts) to "borrow" a VIP against earned VIPs that have not yet posted.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie
If the VIPs don't appear in your account by late Dec, call Advantage customer service and ask if there's something they can do to help you. In the past they've allowed me (and others, based on other FT posts) to "borrow" a VIP against earned VIPs that have not yet posted.
Although that's usually (from what I've read) for return EXPs, and not so much for first-time qualifiers. It's not clear from the OP which category we're talking about. Definitely worth a try in either case, though.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
Although that's usually (from what I've read) for return EXPs, and not so much for first-time qualifiers. It's not clear from the OP which category we're talking about. Definitely worth a try in either case, though.

Cheers.
When a friend of mine made EXP for the first time several years ago, they did it for her too. They were able to see that she had qualified by the EXPs had not yet posted.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
Hi,
Have 87K EQMs this year. Have a return flight JFK-NRT-JFK from Dec 15 - Jan7.

1) As JFK-NRT is 6,700+ miles and DEQM is until Dec 15th, the outbound leg should net me double EQM and therefore put me over EXP, correct? Just want to be sure as the ticket is booked as a RT and don't want to get snagged in some silly loophole like, well the flight arrives in NRT on Dec 16th or something like that
2) Assuming I make EXP - any experience/ideas on when I would get eVIPs awarded and if it's a possibility for the return on Jan 7th?

thanks,
MTG
Well, the assumption of making EXP is based upon the posting of the DBLEQ miles to your account and then the recognition of EXP by AA. Since it looks like they are processing the DBLEQ bonuses in batches it's all dependent upon when they decide to run that last batch. Personally I hope they run it BEFORE the end of the year, but I think it's more likely that they will do it when the online AAdvantage account information month-end processing is done which looks like around the 8th of each month. I would not count on it, but it MIGHT be worth a call prior to your return on the 7th.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:03 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
When a friend of mine made EXP for the first time several years ago, they did it for her too. They were able to see that she had qualified by the EXPs had not yet posted.
But the miles to make her EXP had posted, just not the SWUs? It may be harder if the EXP-qualifying miles haven't even posted (to make one EXP) for a first-timer. But nothing is definite.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
But the miles to make her EXP had posted, just not the SWUs? It may be harder if the EXP-qualifying miles haven't even posted (to make one EXP) for a first-timer. But nothing is definite.

Cheers.
Fair point. It'll be a much easier sell to AA if the OP's flight (including the DEQM) has posted.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:04 pm

Fair point. It'll be a much easier sell to AA if the OP's flight (including the DEQM) has posted.
thanks everyone for the comments.
mtg
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Plt
Hello!

Figured this would be the best place for my first post. Just hit gold on my JFK-LAX trip this past monday and its finally showing online. 6 r/t since April, but all on cheap fares. If i would have known about the dbleq earlier i would have hit it sometime in august. Live and learn.

Ive been browsing around the boards for the past few weeks. Lots of great info on here. I have LAX-LAS on sunday, and then three more LAX-JFK-LAX before the end of the year. Looks like I should hit Platinum on my trip back to NY for Christmas.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:14 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by waveslider
Hello!

Figured this would be the best place for my first post. Just hit gold on my JFK-LAX trip this past monday and its finally showing online. 6 r/t since April, but all on cheap fares. If i would have known about the dbleq earlier i would have hit it sometime in august. Live and learn.

Ive been browsing around the boards for the past few weeks. Lots of great info on here. I have LAX-LAS on sunday, and then three more LAX-JFK-LAX before the end of the year. Looks like I should hit Platinum on my trip back to NY for Christmas.
Congrats, waveslider! Welcome to FlyerTalk and welcome to elite status!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
My turn to add big thank-yous to the FT community

Congrats, waveslider!

I just wanted to echo the gratitude. Thanks to the invaluable advice gleaned from numerous FT threads, I am an elite for the first time in 25 years as an Aadvantage member. When the DBLEQMs post from this weekend's LAX-JFK-SFO-LAX trip, I will join the EXP ranks.

Seriously, I wouldn't have known how to do it (or why it's so dang WORTH IT!) without the FT community.

A hearty THANK YOU!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: EXP
DBLEQ Promo code restriction?

Maybe others have had this same problem although a search revealed nothing. I tried to book a trip on a Q fare (domestic) and when I entered the DBLEQ promo code, I was told it wasn't valid. Now I think the problem is you're not supposed to enter that promo code, i.e. you get credit as long as you're registered for that promotion and the box for promo code when you're making the reservation applies for other promotions AA is running. Or is there a restriction on Q fares for that promotion? They really should be more clear with their "promo code" terminology. Bottom line is I want to make sure I get the credit because it's the only reason (combined with the elite rewards promo) that I'm making the trip. I already have my 100K for the year. Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
You've already answered your own question. The DBLEQ promotion is one you register for once, then all your flights are counted. No need to enter the code for every flight.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: AA PLT
Once you registered, that's all you need. No need to put a promo code in.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You do not have to enter a promo code - which would likely be invalid for any fare code - into a booking. You merely have to be REGISTERED for the promo. If you have not registered, you need to read this thread to see how.

This belongs in the DBLEQ thread, and will be relocated there forthwith. Unnecessary thread proliferation clogs the FlyerTalk database index, slows FT down and inhibits proper searching.

/Moderator

Originally Posted by metsfan1962
Maybe others have had this same problem although a search revealed nothing. I tried to book a trip on a Q fare (domestic) and when I entered the DBLEQ promo code, I was told it wasn't valid. Now I think the problem is you're not supposed to enter that promo code, i.e. you get credit as long as you're registered for that promotion and the box for promo code when you're making the reservation applies for other promotions AA is running. Or is there a restriction on Q fares for that promotion? They really should be more clear with their "promo code" terminology. Bottom line is I want to make sure I get the credit because it's the only reason (combined with the elite rewards promo) that I'm making the trip. I already have my 100K for the year. Thanks!

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 16, 2009 at 6:50 am
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:11 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by metsfan1962
The place you're trying to enter that code is for a different type of promotion code, usually very long alphanumeric codes, and often for a 5% or 10% discount. Those codes are applied to single reservations and are entered at the time of booking.

To register for the DBLEQ "offer code", use http://www.aa.com/offers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.