Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Originally Posted by CheVive
I'm flying BOS-LHR for Thanksgiving, and have signed up for the promo. However, since it takes 6-8 weeks for the additional EQMs to post, I won't have the requisite EQMs for platinum on 31 Dec 2009 (the additional EQMs will be posting well into January).

If I'm at 44K EQM after my Thanksgiving flights and still waiting for the additional 6500 EQMs to post for the bonus, what happens? Will I get platinum status in January 2010?
Word from AAdvantage CS is that you will.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:39 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm flying BOS-LHR for Thanksgiving, and have signed up for the promo. However, since it takes 6-8 weeks for the additional EQMs to post, I won't have the requisite EQMs for platinum on 31 Dec 2009 (the additional EQMs will be posting well into January).

If I'm at 44K EQM after my Thanksgiving flights and still waiting for the additional 6500 EQMs to post for the bonus, what happens? Will I get platinum status in January 2010?

Apologies if this has been covered before. I tried doing a search of this thread, but am apparently not using the correct combination of terms
It has been covered, several times. But this thread has become so unwieldy that it's hard to find anything unless you know it's there.

The rules say 6-8 weeks. The first processing happened in the first week of October, and included flights through about Sept. 26, barely two weeks earlier. Since the promotion goes through Dec. 15, and AA knows that this affects status (the reason they did the promotion) we figure that they realize the issues and will "take care of it."

If I had to guess, I'd say that there'll be a run early each month this year, same as October. And, with the gap from Dec.15 on, they'll do a year-end final sweep to catch those. These are just my guesses, but AA are clearly going to make this work out.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond

Apologies if this has been covered before. I tried doing a search of this thread, but am apparently not using the correct combination of terms
You will get your status.

AA wouldn't run/advertise a "Double EQM" promotion, and then not run the double EQM's until they were meaningless.

It'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

(Though... I sure wish I could get some of these double EQM's to post for NEXT year!)
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Amex Platinum
YMMV -- This is what I heard over the phone and could change at any point for any reason as deemed necessary by AA.

I called AAdvantage this morning and the lady was assisting me with another issue. She also checked to see if I was registered for the DBLEQ promo (of course). We started talking about the promo and she made a comment that they were looking to run the batch on/around Oct 31, again on/around November 28, and finally on/around January 2.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:20 am

*removed*

Last edited by Endragua; Oct 21, 2009 at 2:44 pm
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Endragua
What would be the point of running the last batch on Jan 2nd? Would the elite qualifying miles awarded after Jan 2nd be applied to the calendar year EQM for 2010? Or would they retroactively be added to any miles gained in 2009 to help people qualify for 2010 status?
Although many of us would much prefer that they rolled over into 2010 they will not.

What matters is the date they were earned on not the date they post.

Don't worry, it will all work out OK.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:01 am

What would be the point of running the last batch on Jan 2nd? Would the elite qualifying miles awarded after Jan 2nd be applied to the calendar year EQM for 2010? Or would they retroactively be added to any miles gained in 2009 to help people qualify for 2010 status?

Personally, I was hoping that they would post earlier so that I could use those EQM to help me get to the 125K level for the Elite Rewards. =/
If you fly after Jan 2nd, then any elite miles for those flights will belong to the 2010 year. So I guess, yes? Miles awarded after Jan 2nd are applied to 2010?

They run the batch on Jan 2nd since after Dec 31, there is no way to earn miles for the 2009 year. You just need to wait for miles for flights on Dec 31 or before to post. Since DBLEQ ends on Dec 15, any miles that need to be doubled will have posted by Jan 2. Miles needed for ELTRW for flights flown on Dec 31 or before count as in the 2009 year.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with getting ORC and confirming that it posted the DBLEQ miles correctly?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by daeus
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with getting ORC and confirming that it posted the DBLEQ miles correctly?
Not on the current DBLEQ promotion, but on the double EQM promotions that ran earlier this year and last year I had to get ORC. The double EQMs never posted for me in the normal sweep, I had to call in, explain that I received ORC and then they manually gave me the double EQMs. YMMV.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:17 pm

*removed*

Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:42 pm
nhg

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
Originally Posted by MM983
YMMV -- This is what I heard over the phone and could change at any point for any reason as deemed necessary by AA.

I called AAdvantage this morning and the lady was assisting me with another issue. She also checked to see if I was registered for the DBLEQ promo (of course). We started talking about the promo and she made a comment that they were looking to run the batch on/around Oct 31, again on/around November 28, and finally on/around January 2.
Hmmm...if those dates are correct and I do a MR beforehand, I would hit EXP while sitting in a cafe in Turin after flying SFO-JFK-MIL on Nov 26....a SWU on the way back would be nice, but can anybody speak to the likelihood of getting a SWU for a Dec 1 return (requesting only 2 or 3 days beforehand), assuming that the speculative date of a Nov 28 batch is correct?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
I guess here's my concern:

Example A: Say, I fly on Dec 10th and I get 1,000 EQM. Say this gets me to 49,000 EQM. They give me my DBLEQ on Jan 2nd. Will that retroactively make me platinum, even though I didn't get them until AFTER the start of the new calendar year?

Example B: Say I fly on Dec 10th and I get 1,000 EQM. Say this gets me to 74,000 EQM. They give me my DBLEQ on Jan 2nd. Will that retroactively qualify me for a Platinum ELTRW, even though I didn't get them until AFTER the start of the new calendar year?
You can put your concerns aside. If you fly during the promo period (hence, EARNED the miles then), those miles and the subsequent DBEQM will count toward your status... regardless when they post.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:57 pm

*removed*

Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:59 pm

I guess here's my concern:

Example A: Say, I fly on Dec 10th and I get 1,000 EQM. Say this gets me to 49,000 EQM. They give me my DBLEQ on Jan 2nd. Will that retroactively make me platinum, even though I didn't get them until AFTER the start of the new calendar year?

Example B: Say I fly on Dec 10th and I get 1,000 EQM. Say this gets me to 74,000 EQM. They give me my DBLEQ on Jan 2nd. Will that retroactively qualify me for a Platinum ELTRW, even though I didn't get them until AFTER the start of the new calendar year?
If you somehow missed the 30+ pages of discussion (only) on this (and nothing else of importance), the answer is Yes.

Why would AA say a promo runs till a certain period of time and not give the benefits in the qualifying period?? AA has never done that in the past.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:00 pm

What about the elite rewards? You think a person would retroactively qualify for those as well?
See answer above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.