Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 6:21 am

Programs: EXP 1MM
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Now, if you can just remember how to change the information in your profile.
Thank you to remind me, but I still don't believe it, I remember 3 years ago when I first see the qualification table I look it and thought that was impossible
to reach even gold and EXP no way that is a flight every 3 days just impossible
every time that I was flighting I was looking at the people in first class and I was thinking how this people make it. Once I looked a flight a week in advance and the J cabin was almost empty and very $$$ then at the boarding the flight was full and the people don't looked like out of the world so I figured out that there must be a way to do it. Then I found this blog on the web and reached Gold just calling for a challenge and for me that yellow card was like getting the jackpot. I was proud of my status. Last year with the DBLEQ I reached PLT and I was thinking that was hard to keep it but now EXP this is a dream.

Also on Feb I was at the MIA AC reading FT and I found the DBLEQ thread I read it and applied on the lounge for the miles and I got the bonus for the flight after (not the previous one) so thank you all again for share all your secrets.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by erick3000
Thank you to remind me, but I still don't believe it, I remember 3 years ago when I first see the qualification table I look it and thought that was impossible
to reach even gold and EXP no way that is a flight every 3 days just impossible
every time that I was flighting I was looking at the people in first class and I was thinking how this people make it. Once I looked a flight a week in advance and the J cabin was almost empty and very $$$ then at the boarding the flight was full and the people don't looked like out of the world so I figured out that there must be a way to do it. Then I found this blog on the web and reached Gold just calling for a challenge and for me that yellow card was like getting the jackpot. I was proud of my status. Last year with the DBLEQ I reached PLT and I was thinking that was hard to keep it but now EXP this is a dream.

Also on Feb I was at the MIA AC reading FT and I found the DBLEQ thread I read it and applied on the lounge for the miles and I got the bonus for the flight after (not the previous one) so thank you all again for share all your secrets.
Congratulations! I see you figured it all out! ^
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Email confirmation sent

I dont think this has been posted yet but today I received the standard email confirmation (exactly a week after the miles posted!)
Dear AAerstl,

Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel flown starting September 2, 2009, and continuing through December 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBLEQ).

A total of XXXXXXXX additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted as of September 26, 2009. As you continue to fly during the offer period, you will receive additional email notifications regarding the posting of double elite-qualifying miles.

To check your account, login and view the summary of your YTD Elite Qualifying Miles. This updated total includes your bonus elite qualifying miles. Please note that you will not see a separate transaction in the detail portion of your summary. And, as a reminder, since this promotion only applied to elite qualifying miles, no corresponding updates are reflected in your Program to Date Miles or Total Available Award Mileage balances.

Congratulations! We hope this puts you well on your way to qualifying or re-qualifying for elite status* and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Sincerely,

Rob Friedman
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs

p.s. If you're not already registered for our Elite Rewards promotion, visit www.aa.com/eliterewards to obtain complete details and register now.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I received this confirmation email, but I don't believe the miles quoted have posted. Do you think it has to do with the fact the monthly summary is being processed?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I dont think this has been posted yet but today I received the standard email confirmation (exactly a week after the miles posted!)
Me too. I love these semi-personalized messages where they are customized to use your name and tell you how many miles post, but then say "We hope this puts you well on your way to qualifying or re-qualifying for elite status". It seems like if they really want wake it personalized, it wouldn't take much more to set the mail merge to select whether the member is qualifying or re-qualifying, or whether they have already qualified/re-qualified. In my case, they know I was EXP last year so this year I re-qualify, not qualify and that I have already re-qualified this year prior to the posting (as they informed me in the last 'personal' email).

Not a complaint, just an observation and since it's a weekend and I'm not flying, I have too much time on my hands
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by Abidjan
I received this confirmation email, but I don't believe the miles quoted have posted. Do you think it has to do with the fact the monthly summary is being processed?
The email I received states that DBLEQ have been applied for flights posted up until 9/26. This was the case for me (DBLEQ for my 9/23 and earlier flights posted, but my 9/27 did not). The EQMs were applied on Oct 3.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
does "as of 9/26" mean including 9/26? anyone have DBL post for 9/26 flights?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Beerup, thanks for the reply and you're right. My spreadsheet was incorrect as well. All cleared up. Thanks again. ^

Originally Posted by beerup
The email I received states that DBLEQ have been applied for flights posted up until 9/26. This was the case for me (DBLEQ for my 9/23 and earlier flights posted, but my 9/27 did not). The EQMs were applied on Oct 3.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:14 pm

AA email on Double Elite Status

email today on Double postings

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel flown starting September 2, 2009, and continuing through December 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBLEQ).

A total of xxxxx additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted as of September 26, 2009. As you continue to fly during the offer period, you will receive additional email notifications regarding the posting of double elite-qualifying miles.

Last edited by zman; Oct 10, 2009 at 12:19 pm
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:17 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Originally Posted by zman
emal today on Double postings

Dear xxxxxxx

A total of xxxxx additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted as of September 26, 2009. As you continue to fly during the offer period, you will receive additional email notifications regarding the posting of double elite-qualifying miles.
Received today as well.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
+1, but I noticed the miles posted yesterday (or possibly late thursday)
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Car Exec. Elite
Miles posted last week

Originally Posted by trojanman
+1, but I noticed the miles posted yesterday (or possibly late thursday)
My miles posted sometime last week. In another thread, they were reported to have posted on 10/3.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
does "as of 9/26" mean including 9/26? anyone have DBL post for 9/26 flights?
No. My flights on 9/26 did not post. Looks like they'll be grabbed when the November batch runs.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MM983
No. My flights on 9/26 did not post. Looks like they'll be grabbed when the November batch runs.
So they are only posting in monthly?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sts603
So they are only posting in monthly?
I had read a couple of comments somewhere in this thread that suggested they would be posting around the third of each month. That's what happened this month; mine posted October 3rd (+/- a day). I'm only going by assumption that the next 'set' of flights will post on/around November 3rd. There def. wasn't any postings mid-September; so probably only once a month we will see action.

However, it's AA.. anything is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.