Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
No. You earn stickers at the regular rate. You don't get 2x stickers b/c of DEQM.
Yes, that's what I meant to say: you get stickers for BIS miles; you get DEQMs during the promo at a rate of 2 EQM to 1 BISM. So March 15-June 15 and Sept 2-Dec 15 you earn half as many miles toward upgrades as EQM. For 100K BIS miles that would be 40 stickers; I'll hit EXP after flying about 68.5K BIS miles this year, so will have earned only 20 stickers before qualifying out of sticker-earning PLT territory -- fewer, actually, because I was short at the end of February and didn't call to get the pro-rated stickers. So though I'll finish out the year at just under 100K BIS miles, I won't acquire stickers after sometime next week, when I roll over 100K EQM.

Or will I? Seems unlikely to me.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
You are earning your *status* faster, you are not earning your *miles* faster. So no, you are not being shorted any stickers. You are being granted EXP status faster (which means, hehe, no stickers).

This is the way I look at it and for sure, if no promo, I would have a few more stickers. But I would have no SWUs or free upgrades or whatever.

What are you talking about regarding the "pro-rated" stickers?

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Yes, that's what I meant to say: you get stickers for BIS miles; you get DEQMs during the promo at a rate of 2 EQM to 1 BISM. So March 15-June 15 and Sept 2-Dec 15 you earn half as many miles toward upgrades as EQM. For 100K BIS miles that would be 40 stickers; I'll hit EXP after flying about 68.5K BIS miles this year, so will have earned only 20 stickers before qualifying out of sticker-earning PLT territory -- fewer, actually, because I was short at the end of February and didn't call to get the pro-rated stickers. So though I'll finish out the year at just under 100K BIS miles, I won't acquire stickers after sometime next week, when I roll over 100K EQM.

Or will I? Seems unlikely to me.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:16 pm

Programs: EXP 1MM
Well, well, well, I got my miles for my flights on september 14-20 then I got 4 stickers that in a regular way I shouldn't get it so this promo is good because the miles are not posted right away. It is just AMAZING... just reached EXP!!!
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
What are you talking about regarding the "pro-rated" stickers?
From the Wiki: "The sticker-earning counter resets each year on March 1; if you call after that date and ask, agents may offer partial credit for balances below the 10K threshhold."

There's an extensive thread discussing this.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: AA PLT
Question for those that have had promo miles posted already.

With this promotion if you have no status and fly 1000 miles you'll get 2000 EQM's. What if you have status? As a PLT when fly 1000 you get 2000. So with this promo do you end up with 3000 or 4000?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
You are confusing qualifying miles and redeemable miles (EQM vs RDM).

During the DBEQM you get double qualifying miles so that you can attain status faster. That has nothing to do with Redeemable miles which is what you use to book award trips.

If you have PLT status you always get double redeemable miles regardless of any other promotions but the miles you fly only count once toward attaining EXP. DBEQM promos double those status miles.

Does that make it clearer?

Originally Posted by DallasGooner

With this promotion if you have no status and fly 1000 miles you'll get 2000 EQM's. What if you have status? As a PLT when fly 1000 you get 2000. So with this promo do you end up with 3000 or 4000?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD

You're confusing EQMs and RDMs

As a PLT when fly 1000 miles you get 2000 RDMs and 1000 EQMs
With the promo, you'll get 2000 EQMs, but RDMs will stay the same
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by erick3000
Well, well, well, I got my miles for my flights on september 14-20 then I got 4 stickers that in a regular way I shouldn't get it so this promo is good because the miles are not posted right away. It is just AMAZING... just reached EXP!!!
Now, if you can just remember how to change the information in your profile.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by pandaperth
You're confusing EQMs and RDMs

As a PLT when fly 1000 miles you get 2000 RDMs and 1000 EQMs
With the promo, you'll get 2000 EQMs, but RDMs will stay the same
doh..RDM EQM EQP's....too many ways to get status and rewards.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
doh..RDM EQM EQP's....too many ways to get status and rewards.
You forgot EQS (segments) and total miles. Yeah, there are a bunch. But, basically:

RDM - redeemable miles- these have nothing directly to do with status,and are useful for various types of awards. These are the things that are increased for status folks (25% bonus for GLD, 100% for PLT/EXP).

For status, we have:

EQM- elite qualifying miles, or butt-in-seat miles. Bonuses do not count for these except that occasional special promotion like DBEQM that explicitly provides bonus EQMs. Note that these don't add the RDM.

EQP- elite qualifying points. These are also based on flying, but include class-of-service bonuses (or demerits for some fares). I've not seen any bonus promotions (on AA) for these.

EQS- elite qualifying segments. These are actual segments flown. No bonuses at all.

Total miles. This includes all miles ever earned in the account (and this is an indirect way that RDM can apply to status). Any miles earned count. Miles spent in one away or another (awards and such) do not subtract from this total. Currently, one million total miles yields lifetime GLD; two million = lifetime PLT. There is no lifetime EXP.

Clear as mud

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by brp

EQM- elite qualifying miles, or butt-in-seat miles. Bonuses do not count for these except that occasional special promotion like DBEQM that explicitly provides bonus EQMs. Note that these don't add the RDM.
Butt-in-seat miles, except when they're not.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:07 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
OT: And MTEU! Also, EQM does not always = BIS, i.e. on partner airlines.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by brp
Total miles. This includes all miles ever earned in the account (and this is an indirect way that RDM can apply to status). Any miles earned count. Miles spent in one away or another (awards and such) do not subtract from this total. Currently, one million total miles yields lifetime GLD; two million = lifetime PLT. There is no lifetime EXP.
Nice summary, but worth noting that (as you know) total miles is all redeemable miles ever earned.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I gave this a thorough read but didn't see anyone address when these miles will be posted to our accounts. I recently flew DFW-FRA after registering for the promotion, but I don't see the Double EQMs showing up in my account. Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:38 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by bmw1600
I gave this a thorough read but didn't see anyone address when these miles will be posted to our accounts. I recently flew DFW-FRA after registering for the promotion, but I don't see the Double EQMs showing up in my account. Thanks!

Please review the Moderator Notes in the OP of this thread.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.