Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Yes, that was my point. And now that the title better matches the OP, anyone who enters this thread has only himself to blame.
regarding any lady who might happen to now enter this thread: perhaps she too only has herself to blame, or should she blame him instead?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Additionally, to ensure your AAdvantage miles will continue to post to your account automatically, please check the name on your AAdvantage account to ensure it matches the full first and last name that will appear on your ticket. Note that adding or deleting a middle name or initial will not affect our ability to credit miles to your account
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...oryId=16123231
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
Are you sure about that? Not just the double redeemable miles? I ask because we flew basic, vanilla domestic routes starting the day after the promotion began and nothing has posted. They're usually pretty consistent in not posting this fast.

Cheers.
Yes, qualifying miles. Approx 20,000 EQM posted 2 days ago for an approx 10,000 mile round trip flight.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by benzguy80
or should she blame him instead?
But of course. Is there any other option?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quant_93
Yes, qualifying miles. Approx 20,000 EQM posted 2 days ago for an approx 10,000 mile round trip flight.
but brp and most others are referring to the Double EQM across the board - you flew from JFK so probably it is the JFK double promo that posted - as nrr mentioned.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by JY1024
IMO, you're comparing apples to oranges here.
Yes I realize that but if a store sold me rotten apples, is it so unreasonable to be careful with their oranges too?

The intent of my post was not to wonder or guess if there would be any problem (as the new title may suggest). Rather, the thought was that I have absolutely nothing to lose by keeping my account name as it is for a few more weeks. OTOH the probability of name change causing some hiccup may be small but is probably not zero, so why not wait for a few weeks?

OK, Just saw this. Thanks to Ty97 I realize the probability is closer to zero than I feared, so case closed.

Originally Posted by brp
Wow, I just added my DOB and gender. I'm going to get screwed out of all those miles. Sheesh, indeed
Neither my OP nor any other post so far even mentioned DOB or gender. Your miles are safe.

Originally Posted by ty97

"Additionally, to ensure your AAdvantage miles will continue to post to your account automatically, please check the name on your AAdvantage account to ensure it matches the full first and last name that will appear on your ticket. Note that adding or deleting a middle name or initial will not affect our ability to credit miles to your account"

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...oryId=16123231
OK, that settles it. We return to scheduled programming.

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 16, 2009 at 11:18 am
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
I read right over that, although after posting my question I noticed some commentary on the same issue.

Would be good if the AA site was a bit more specific.

Editing my post: I just called AA. No one at AA was able to confirm information in FMTTLB's post. Not to say it's not accurate, but they couldn't confirm. This is no surprise. Wish there was an AA Insider. I'll try calling them back tomorrow.
Did you ever call AA back and get a response on this? It probably behooves us as a community to get more than one person to corroborate the post. Although I'm not admitting to being a liar , something as important as this needs more scrutiny to put our collective minds at rest.

FWIW, I called the AA number on the back of my gold card. I spoke with a guy about the DBLEQ thing, and he was able to reassure me that it would count for this year's elite qualification even if the double miles posted after 2009 ended. When asked about ELTRW, he was not so sure. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes because he said he wanted to ask a colleague. When he came back, he said he got more information than he needed to answer my question, and that's when he explained the rationale to me about AA wanting to avoid lazy non-checkers from giving them trouble. However, as much as I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I would not risk my reputation in the off-chance that perhaps the AA agent was lazy himself and decided to say stuff to appease me, or that he honestly didn't know and just said whatever. (This has happened to me with AT&T so I'm vary wary about verbal communication)

If you do find anything, prove or disprove, can you please post it here so the rest of us will know?

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Just reserved my first flight under this promotion

JFK-LAX-JFK

And the DRDM promotion for NYC flyers will let me have my cake...and Eat it too!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by holmedown
but brp and most others are referring to the Double EQM across the board - you flew from JFK so probably it is the JFK double promo that posted - as nrr mentioned.
The New York double miles offer is for redeemable miles only, not for elite qualifying miles. For whatever reason, my bonus miles from the Double EQM promotion posted.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The New York double miles offer is for redeemable miles only, not for elite qualifying miles. For whatever reason, my bonus miles from the Double EQM promotion posted.
What did the line for the bonus EQM look like? This way we'll all know what to watch out for when ours finally get around to posting.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:40 pm

I don't see a specific line item in the top section where the EQMs are listed, I just know that I received ~20,000 EQMs for a ~10,000 mile trip.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:01 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There are 4 classes of miles: EQM, EQP, RDM, and lifetime.
In all of (the two, so far one this year and one last) double EQM miles posted weeks later, and there was NO line entry to show the posting, just an email. Double check your previous statement's balance for EQM and compare your new total, to see if they really appeared.
The NYC RDM miles have separate line entries.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
I don't see a specific line item in the top section where the EQMs are listed, I just know that I received ~20,000 EQMs for a ~10,000 mile trip.
Could it have been a class of service bonus?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I will let you know if I get anything different. Great of you to follow up on this!!! I'm thinking of just emailing them to get something in "writing".

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Did you ever call AA back and get a response on this? It probably behooves us as a community to get more than one person to corroborate the post. Although I'm not admitting to being a liar , something as important as this needs more scrutiny to put our collective minds at rest.

FWIW, I called the AA number on the back of my gold card. I spoke with a guy about the DBLEQ thing, and he was able to reassure me that it would count for this year's elite qualification even if the double miles posted after 2009 ended. When asked about ELTRW, he was not so sure. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes because he said he wanted to ask a colleague. When he came back, he said he got more information than he needed to answer my question, and that's when he explained the rationale to me about AA wanting to avoid lazy non-checkers from giving them trouble. However, as much as I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I would not risk my reputation in the off-chance that perhaps the AA agent was lazy himself and decided to say stuff to appease me, or that he honestly didn't know and just said whatever. (This has happened to me with AT&T so I'm vary wary about verbal communication)

If you do find anything, prove or disprove, can you please post it here so the rest of us will know?

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Like many on here, I registered for the promotion PRIOR to my flight on 9/2 and have yet to receive my DBLEQ miles. I'm hoping the "6 to 8 weeks" post time is true and I have nothing to worry about. Regardless I have my spreadsheet ready for proof of making it to EXP by the end of the year if AA begs to differ.

One question and I think I already know the answer, but I wanted to confirm with the experts on here...........so if I take a short flight, say DFW-OKC which is less than 500 miles, I will receive 1000 EQM for that segment since I'm registered, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.