Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: EXP AA.
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Hi
The double EQM promo says the additional (double) miles post to my account 6-8 weeks after travel. In past experience, is that accurate or do the bonus EQM actually post sooner?
Thanks
They pretty much take the full period I'm afraid.

Cheers Larry.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Hi
The double EQM promo says the additional (double) miles post to my account 6-8 weeks after travel. In past experience, is that accurate or do the bonus EQM actually post sooner?
Thanks
How would ANYONE know? We are, what, 10 days into the promotion?

All we know for sure is that nobody has reported seeing any bonus miles.

My personal bet is that you will see it on the 2nd statement update after you fly. That's based on nothing more than my IT knowledge - the easiest way to do it would be to extract the eligible flight(s) this month and inject them next month...

-----Burton
Old Sep 13, 2009, 6:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BStrauss3

My personal bet is that you will see it on the 2nd statement update after you fly. That's based on nothing more than my IT knowledge - the easiest way to do it would be to extract the eligible flight(s) this month and inject them next month...
Why are you talking about "IT knowledge" in a post about AA?

Seriously, though, while they probably could post them that soon,experience from prior promotions of the same type says that they likely won't. Of course, this could be different.

Cheers.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
I can't pass this up. I tried, but I'm just not a good enough person

Originally Posted by brp
Why are you talking about "IT knowledge" in a post about AA?
Answer: Because I don't work for AA/Sabre, and thus have no handicap of knowledge about the actual systems.

If I really knew how it worked, I would run up to the top floor of the Trinity building and throw myself off into traffic :-)

-----Burton
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by BStrauss3
How would ANYONE know? We are, what, 10 days into the promotion?
I'm most curious about whether I'll get the bonus miles for the flight I took on Sept 2nd and registered via GoGo while during flight.

I regularly check this to see if anyone else is seeing their DBLEQ post; I'm anxiously waiting.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:34 am

Quick question for all the experts. I DONT currently have ANY elite status on AA. I taking a trip out to LHR in a month and have not registered for this promotion. So am I eligible to get the DEQM's? I currently have ~ 10,000 miles, so after the trip, I should have over 25k EQM's, so I should be gold next year? I am not sure if the program is only for CURRENT elite customers or for anyone. Thank you!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mojomover
Quick question for all the experts. I DONT currently have ANY elite status on AA. I taking a trip out to LHR in a month and have not registered for this promotion. So am I eligible to get the DEQM's? I currently have ~ 10,000 miles, so after the trip, I should have over 25k EQM's, so I should be gold next year? I am not sure if the program is only for CURRENT elite customers or for anyone. Thank you!
Yes, anyone can register. And yes, when you get to 25,000 miles you will earn Gold status.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by BrianV
I'm most curious about whether I'll get the bonus miles for the flight I took on Sept 2nd and registered via GoGo while during flight.

I regularly check this to see if anyone else is seeing their DBLEQ post; I'm anxiously waiting.
By the rules, NO. Must be registered before the flight.
But since AA does batch on milegae credits, you are probably OK

If you were on DL, NO, as they do real time, when the flight closes, your mileage posts

Last edited by zman; Sep 14, 2009 at 2:12 pm
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Should I worry about changing my AAdvantage name before DBLEQ miles post?

TSA is moving to full names and I understand that AA has just started allowing us to update our names in AAdvantage accounts.

However, I have several flights booked under the old name (without middle or middle initial) and I have decided to wait it out until after all of my DBLEQ miles have actually posted.

To the extent this process is computerized, I don't want any mismatch between the ticket and account names to jeopardize the crediting. Now, one might say that this would be unlikely, and perhaps it is, but why take any chances at all?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, HH
So long as there is an AAdvantage number associated with each flight I doubt there would be any confusion.... and should there be any... I would bet a quick phone call would straighten it out pronto.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PandT
So long as there is an AAdvantage number associated with each flight I doubt there would be any confusion.... and should there be any... I would bet a quick phone call would straighten it out pronto.
Agreed, and there is nothing to indicate getting the bonus will require a check of the exact full name. I know it didn't before, as long as the first initial matched. (My MIL had a change in the spelling of her first name, due to inconsistent transliterization by USDOS)

AA is also well aware that people are going to make updates to the name in their account during this period, and I have encouraged my wife to match her DL name to her US passport name. (She changed her middle name when she became a citizen)
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Complete disclosure - this is a 9 page thread. And I will apologize profusely for asking this question as it is slow going trying to peruse the entire thread.

1. I note the DEQMs will post 6- 8 weeks after travel. So travel completed early December, for example, might not post until February????

2. I note the Elite rewards will be based on status as of Dec 31 '09 + miles earned in '09.

So if DEQMs have not posted (i.e. last trip in December, for example, well under the 6 -8 week timeframe) then one might not be eligible for the Elite Reward?

Again - apology if this has been asked (or if I just misread the T&C of the promos!).

Editing: Reading back I'm seeing more about this....

Last edited by Flyer_70; Sep 15, 2009 at 7:51 pm
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Complete disclosure - this is a 9 page thread. And I will apologize profusely for asking this question as it is slow going trying to peruse the entire thread.

1. I note the DEQMs will post 6- 8 weeks after travel. So travel completed early December, for example, might not post until February????

2. I note the Elite rewards will be based on status as of Dec 31 '09 + miles earned in '09.

So if DEQMs have not posted (i.e. last trip in December, for example, well under the 6 -8 week timeframe) then one might not be eligible for the Elite Reward?

Again - apology if this has been asked (or if I just misread the T&C of the promos!).
This is an excellent question, and one that the moderators felt was important enough to append to the end of the very first post! Look for the quoted text from FlyMeToTheLooneyBin.

The short answer is that the DBLEQ miles should post before the end of the year.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by kremedonut
This is an excellent question, and one that the moderators felt was important enough to append to the end of the very first post! Look for the quoted text from FlyMeToTheLooneyBin.

The short answer is that the DBLEQ miles should post before the end of the year.
I read right over that, although after posting my question I noticed some commentary on the same issue.

Would be good if the AA site was a bit more specific.

Editing my post: I just called AA. No one at AA was able to confirm information in FMTTLB's post. Not to say it's not accurate, but they couldn't confirm. This is no surprise. Wish there was an AA Insider. I'll try calling them back tomorrow.

Last edited by Flyer_70; Sep 15, 2009 at 8:51 pm
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Platinum
I just flew JFK - EZE - JFK last week, and my double qualifying miles have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.