Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever

One question and I think I already know the answer, but I wanted to confirm with the experts on here...........so if I take a short flight, say DFW-OKC which is less than 500 miles, I will receive 1000 EQM for that segment since I'm registered, correct?
I think that the question has already been answered in this thread earlier. But, if you are already PLAT or EXP, then the minimum for a short segment is 500miles and so it would be 1000 with DBLEQ.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by stu52
I think that the question has already been answered in this thread earlier. But, if you are already PLAT or EXP, then the minimum for a short segment is 500miles and so it would be 1000 with DBLEQ.
Don't forget Gold members also get the 500 mile minimum guarantee.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
Like many on here, I registered for the promotion PRIOR to my flight on 9/2 and have yet to receive my DBLEQ miles. I'm hoping the "6 to 8 weeks" post time is true and I have nothing to worry about. Regardless I have my spreadsheet ready for proof of making it to EXP by the end of the year if AA begs to differ.
I also registered on 9/2 and had 2 legs on 9/2. I've also not received any DBLEQ yet. I've been on 13 legs since 9/2 and none have posted DBLEQ yet. I will know if my 9/2 flights count as soon as my travel from 9/2 or my 9/9 travel posts. I'm crossing my fingers on the 9/2 legs, but if I see the 9/9 travel EQs post, then I'll know. Like you I have a spreadsheet. If I get my 9/2 travel, I will qualify for EXP as soon as my mileage posts through the end of September. If not, I will need to wait for one more trip which right now wouldn't be until mid November.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by zman
By the rules, NO. Must be registered before the flight.
But since AA does batch on milegae credits, you are probably OK

If you were on DL, NO, as they do real time, when the flight closes, your mileage posts
I had a flight directly after I registered (i.e. - I registered on BOS-DFW, then I flew DFW-AUS a couple of hours later). By your theory, I should be eligible for the DFW-AUS segment. I hope the general sweep works for me. Getting the extra 500 EQM will leave me at 99,942 by month's end, LOL. I am however planning a trip of Oct. 10th so either way I'll get it, well before the end of the year, but up until yesterday, I didn't have any travel booked until mid-November which would've sucked.

I hope my BOS-DFW gets picked up as well...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Ick, ick, ick!! I hate phone agents.

I sent an email to AA regarding the ELTRW question - if points were posted after December 31, would we get the reward. No one would answer me in email (they told me to call the help desk). When AA was called, the dude told me "whatever is in your account on December 31 is what you are eligible for". So if no DEQMs posted and you need them for the reward, you are SOL (he didn't use those words, I did).

Something needs to be gotten in writing from AA. And (to be sure) as noted above, I did send multiple emails. But that particular group was not able to help with any questions.

Grrr.

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Did you ever call AA back and get a response on this? It probably behooves us as a community to get more than one person to corroborate the post. Although I'm not admitting to being a liar , something as important as this needs more scrutiny to put our collective minds at rest.

FWIW, I called the AA number on the back of my gold card. I spoke with a guy about the DBLEQ thing, and he was able to reassure me that it would count for this year's elite qualification even if the double miles posted after 2009 ended. When asked about ELTRW, he was not so sure. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes because he said he wanted to ask a colleague. When he came back, he said he got more information than he needed to answer my question, and that's when he explained the rationale to me about AA wanting to avoid lazy non-checkers from giving them trouble. However, as much as I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I would not risk my reputation in the off-chance that perhaps the AA agent was lazy himself and decided to say stuff to appease me, or that he honestly didn't know and just said whatever. (This has happened to me with AT&T so I'm vary wary about verbal communication)

If you do find anything, prove or disprove, can you please post it here so the rest of us will know?

Thanks!

Last edited by Flyer_70; Sep 20, 2009 at 8:02 pm Reason: Clear up flow of events.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Originally Posted by Flyer_70

I sent an email to AA regarding the ELTRW question - if points were posted after December 31, would we get the reward. The dude told me "whatever is in your account on December 31 is what you are eligible for". So if no DEQMs posted and you need them for the reward, you are SOL (he didn't use those words, I did).

Something needs to be gotten in writing from AA. And (to be sure) I did originally send an email (multiple in fact) to them but they always wrote back saying "you need to call this number.. we can't answer your question".

Grrr.
I would assume they'd apply the EQMs by the end of December, but now that you pose this question I start to wonder if that's a good assumption... I'm going to be well over 125k by 12/31, with three flights booked in December, so it would actually benefit me if the DBLEQMs didn't post until January. I'll be sure to stay tuned to see what others hear from agents.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70

I sent an email to AA regarding the ELTRW question - if points were posted after December 31, would we get the reward. No one would answer me in email (they told me to call the help desk). When AA was called, the dude told me "whatever is in your account on December 31 is what you are eligible for". So if no DEQMs posted and you need them for the reward, you are SOL (he didn't use those words, I did).

Something needs to be gotten in writing from AA. And (to be sure) as noted above, I did send multiple emails. But that particular group was not able to help with any questions.

Grrr.
Good interesting information! Maybe the agent was lazy and just wanted to get rid of you? The T&C clearly state it has to be posted by Jan 9, 2010 as the deadline for posting, but if he says Dec 31, 2009, is he implying posting? Is he really on top of this promotion?

Also it's interesting that they don't reply via email. Perhaps they know it can be used against them, it being in writing and all. I don't suppose recording conversations count.

I would call again myself just to get another data point, but I'm sort of busy right now finishing up my taxes This matters to me since I do have several flights starting after mid-November, well past the 8 weeks before Jan 9, 2010. I'll be sure to post here though if I get through.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
It seems that it will be retrospectively applied, and dated with the date of the flight (as with the previous promotion).

Otherwise, think about someone who did enough to just qualify for EXP (or PLT or GLD), but wouldn't get it... that just makes no sense.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jabrams72
It seems that it will be retrospectively applied, and dated with the date of the flight (as with the previous promotion).

Otherwise, think about someone who did enough to just qualify for EXP (or PLT or GLD), but wouldn't get it... that just makes no sense.
Exactly. Good lord, people, relax.

These promotions are designed to work together. AA miles (remember, these are AA flights) post within about 3 days, except when there are snafus. If they screw up, they're certainly going to fix it. It may take some time, knowing them, but they're not going to screw up and then say "sorry, doesn't apply."

Enough the the Chicken Littling

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
I emailed them asking specifically regarding DBLEQ and posting of flights in early December. I got this response in writing from AA today. Hopefully this will end the 'will these flights count in 2009' questions.

Dear <redacted>,

We're so glad you contacted us. It's always our pleasure to assist our
valued AAdvantage® Platinum members.

I appreciate your concerns regarding the timing of the bonus miles
earned through the Double Elite Qualifying Miles Promotion. You are
correct in assessing that bonus miles for December flights could
potentially post in February of 2010
. While this is the case, all bonus
miles will be posted by the beginning of the elite membership year,
March 1, 2010.

Rest assured if you achieve Executive Platinum through the Double Elite
Qualifying Miles Promotion you will enjoy a full 12 months of benefits
beginning on March 1, 2010 and continuing through February 2011.

If you achieve Executive Platinum status by literally flying 100,000
miles without the assistance of a promotion, your status will update
upon the posting of the qualifying flight. Therefore, it may be
possible to enjoy your status with a bonus month or two prior to the
start of the elite Membership Year on March 1st.

Either way, you are guaranteed to enjoy a minimum of 12 months at the
highest status you achieve.

Again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. I look
forward to assisting you in the future.

Regards,

<redacted>
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines

Last edited by daeus; Sep 22, 2009 at 8:32 am Reason: added emphasis (my own)
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Amex Platinum

I appreciate your concerns regarding the timing of the bonus miles
earned through the Double Elite Qualifying Miles Promotion. You are
correct in assessing that bonus miles for December flights could
potentially post in February of 2010.
While this is the case, all bonus
miles will be posted by the beginning of the elite membership year,
March 1, 2010.

So much for them doing a batch process on December 31.

Sorry... this is my IT background kicking in. I see no reason why these bonus miles can't post right after a qualifying flight or at the latest one month (i.e.: When the AAdvantage email goes out).

Last edited by MM983; Sep 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm Reason: clarification
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by MM983
I see no reason why these bonus miles can't post right after a qualifying flight...
Especially because the NYDBL promotion posts at the same time as the flights themselves.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:02 pm

Do I hafta TAKE the flight to earn DBLEQ?

I've tried looking in the FAQ and Wiki and doing a search (but I'm probably doing a search for the wrong words or something) but have found nothing.

I have booked a MR (LHR - DFW - EWR JFK -LHR) for an upcomming weekend (leave Saturday morning arrive back sunday evening.) I am doing this simply for the DEQMs. I am content that I had to pay that fare to get what I want....but do I actually have to take the flight(s)? I would prefer to just get the (D)EQMs and RDMs and not have to spend the time and energy actually doing the trip - if AA would just give me the milage as if I were on the flight. They can keep my airfare and the extra fuel it would cost them haulling me around. I don't suppose there is anyone at AA that can arrange it, is there?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Davidwnc
I've tried looking in the FAQ and Wiki and doing a search (but I'm probably doing a search for the wrong words or something) but have found nothing.

I have booked a MR (LHR - DFW - EWR JFK -LHR) for an upcomming weekend (leave Saturday morning arrive back sunday evening.) I am doing this simply for the DEQMs. I am content that I had to pay that fare to get what I want....but do I actually have to take the flight(s)?
Yes, you have to fly to earn the DBEQM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Davidwnc
if AA would just give me the milage as if I were on the flight. They can keep my airfare and the extra fuel it would cost them haulling me around. I don't suppose there is anyone at AA that can arrange it, is there?
No, only way to get the EQM is to do the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.