Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:17 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Any insight as to when the *first* sweep will hit accounts?

Apologies if this has already been addressed upthread (did a search but could not track down anyting.) Since the T&Cs for the promo say 6-8 weeks after flight activity would it be safe to assume that the first round of DEQMs should hit sometime in mid October for travel though September?

I ask as the flights I had over labor day will put me over the top for EXP and I'm hoping they post in time to bump up my status before my next AA flight.

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Apologies if this has already been addressed upthread (did a search but could not track down anyting.) Since the T&Cs for the promo say 6-8 weeks after flight activity would it be safe to assume that the first round of DEQMs should hit sometime in mid October for travel though September?

I ask as the flights I had over labor day will put me over the top for EXP and I'm hoping they post in time to bump up my status before my next AA flight.

Thanks!
Normally, people will refer you to the terms. However, based on my study of the past DEQM promotion, it seems that the sweep occurred on a monthly basis.

If AA uses the same process again, my current guess is that the DEQM will post on the third of each month, for flights take in the previous month. So, Oct 3 for travel through September, etc.

We will see if my speculation turns out to be correct around Oct 3.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

People in Hell are hoping for ice water.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
And EXPs are hoping for this additional benefit program to go away, with no good reason.

There are several folks who want the benefits early.. and AA seems to be the only difficult player. I fully understand the request for info from J. Edward's post.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
and AA seems to be the only difficult player.
Difficult because they had a very generous promotion and they're, <insert favorite deity> forbid, sticking to the terms they set? Oh, the humanity!!!

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
and AA seems to be the only difficult player.
ExPlat lites are not really ExPlats. The promotion helps to muddle the masses though which makes it interesting for those who I like to laugh at at the gate 'demanding' their privileges because of their status. A pocket full of sugar to pass along to the gate agents will take you much further than your black card.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:07 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
If that's a dig against Houston I won't acknowledge your statement nor respond to it.

But all too true -- I guess what I'm curious is to how AA did the last DEQM promo (I was not due to cross a status threshold so I never really kept track of when the miles hit my account) to try and make a guess as to when to expect the first sweep(s) to hit.

And to that end thanks ckpeter for posting that -- I'll keep an eye on my account during the first week of October. ^
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:49 am

Datapoint: No DEQMs Yet As of Early AM on 10/3

No double EQMs yet as of 1:50am CST (thought I'd check after a late night of booking some tickets to BOM on BA )
Old Oct 3, 2009, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by purpleskiesfly
ExPlat lites are not really ExPlats. The promotion helps to muddle the masses though which makes it interesting for those who I like to laugh at at the gate 'demanding' their privileges because of their status. A pocket full of sugar to pass along to the gate agents will take you much further than your black card.
I don't think "EXP lites" are the only ones who try to play the black card.
I don't know what you mean by "not really Explats". Except for the opinions of some people, EXPs who earn status this way get the exact same benefits of those who qualified without the bonuses. With 3 such bonuses over the past 1 1/2 years, I think their numbers are growing. The interesting part is the 125K bonus carrot tossed for the fall promo, instead of the spring one, like last year. So, what would have been normal PLT flying in the past, will get some people to the 125K level.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
No double EQMs yet as of 1:50am CST (thought I'd check after a late night of booking some tickets to BOM on BA )
I just saw that DBEQM for my flights taken 9/12 and 9/15 had posted
Old Oct 3, 2009, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I just saw that DBEQM for my flights taken 9/12 and 9/15 had posted
Just logged in and saw mine too. Time to post in the "I just made EXP" thread
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
ExPlat lites are not really ExPlats.
Oh?

If AA says they are real, then they are real.

They have:
A black card
8 eVIPs
Free Upgrades
Access to FL and OW 1st Lounges

The promotion helps to muddle the masses though which makes it interesting for those who I like to laugh at at the gate 'demanding' their privileges because of their status.
And you know those are EXP-lite how?

FWIW I was EXP lite for about 1 month and was treated the same as then as I am now as a "real" EXP.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
DEQM's posted here too
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flipside
DEQM's posted here too
DBEQMs posted here too. My first DBEQM fight was on Sept 8.
But my status stills shows as GOLD though now I have 54K EQMs. I wonder when my status will update.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM
sept miles posted. Now at 112,977 and on my way to the 125,000 bonus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.