Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Sheesh. Speculative threads should be labeled as such. The OP contains no proof that a problem exists.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by PandT
So long as there is an AAdvantage number associated with each flight I doubt there would be any confusion.... and should there be any... I would bet a quick phone call would straighten it out pronto.
I agree, most likely there will be no problem, yet I want to avoid having to make that phone call. Computers are known to mess up on slightest of issues and I'd rather not tempt the devil when it comes to my forthcoming status upgrade. I see no practical disadvantage to updating my name after the miles post, so just being careful. YMMV, of course.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Sheesh. Speculative threads should be labeled as such. The OP contains no proof that a problem exists.
Sheesh to you too. If you want proof, try a mathematics class; I am only suggesting caution about a potential problem. Could somebody see a touch of paranoia here? Possibly, but I'd rather enjoy my new status next year than spend time calling AA to fix things. Put differently, I'd rather not be the proof you seek.

Look, I just went through a few days of hassle and some extra expense because AA's computers issued a confirmed ticketable reservation on a fare that is known to be non-ticketable to AA. By the time I went to buy it, and was told "Oops we can't sell it", the prices had gone up a little. So I have a new-found respect for what computers and software can do.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by aktchi
I am only suggesting caution about a potential problem.
I believe the problem relates to the title of your thread, specifically the decision to use an exclamation point. Because of the punctuation I assumed that you had specific, verifiable data -- or as you state it, proof -- that there would be problems w/the current promo if one changed his/her name.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Thats good to hear they are posting quickly!

I have about 45,000 miles booked between now and December the 7th so hopefully mine should all post before xmas!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Flew ORD-SNA-ORD last week(and registered for promo the day it was announced), still no DEQMs
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:51 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by quant_93
I just flew JFK - EZE - JFK last week, and my double qualifying miles have posted.
Are you sure about that? Not just the double redeemable miles? I ask because we flew basic, vanilla domestic routes starting the day after the promotion began and nothing has posted. They're usually pretty consistent in not posting this fast.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by brp
Are you sure about that? Not just the double redeemable miles? I ask because we flew basic, vanilla domestic routes starting the day after the promotion began and nothing has posted. They're usually pretty consistent in not posting this fast.

Cheers.
Ditto for me, my redeemable miles (including GLD bonus) have all posted but no DEQMs.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
^ -- I question this as well. I (as well as many others probably) flew the day of or the day after the promo started. There were even a good handful of FT'ers that registered for the promo ON their flight.

I just logged into check; no bonus miles.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:57 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aktchi
Sheesh to you too. If you want proof, try a mathematics class; I am only suggesting caution about a potential problem. Could somebody see a touch of paranoia here? Possibly, but I'd rather enjoy my new status next year than spend time calling AA to fix things. Put differently, I'd rather not be the proof you seek.

Look, I just went through a few days of hassle and some extra expense because AA's computers issued a confirmed ticketable reservation on a fare that is known to be non-ticketable to AA. By the time I went to buy it, and was told "Oops we can't sell it", the prices had gone up a little. So I have a new-found respect for what computers and software can do.
IMO, you're comparing apples to oranges here. People change the name on their account due to marriage, divorce, etc. I haven't seen many threads around here saying "my flight/bonus miles didn't post because I updated my name."

Fares are a whole different ballgame. There are known issues with all the legacy systems used by airline companies (domestic and international).
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Wow, I just added my DOB and gender. I'm going to get screwed out of all those miles. Sheesh, indeed

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:50 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The double RDM miles (at least for people in the NYC area) seem to post "almost" immediately after the regular flight miles. I was checking my acct a few days ago, and the regular miles posted, about 5 minutes later the "bonus" miles posted. [They probably do two different batch runs on the computer.]
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:08 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Due to RBPs we have changed the title for this thread to reflect the discussion.

Nothing has really changed for this promo over previous promos.
"To err is human, to really mess up you need a computer"

magic111
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I did the change over the phone so that I could clear up some questions I had. I changed my middle inital to my full middle name without a problem. I changed my brother's at AA.com. All went well.

Plane tickets will still only use first and last names so no worries about the FF miles.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I believe the problem relates to the title of your thread, specifically the decision to use an exclamation point. Because of the punctuation I assumed that you had specific, verifiable data -- or as you state it, proof -- that there would be problems w/the current promo if one changed his/her name.
Yes, that was my point. And now that the title better matches the OP, anyone who enters this thread has only himself to blame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.