Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by rfrost
Hotel (or visa expeditor) will routinely furnish visa support letter, which is all you need (in addition to the $ and the lengthy application).
You can do a transit visa yourself from the Russian Embassy, just pay the visa fee and you do not have to pay a company service fee. You can stay 72 hours on the transit visa. Moscow is very expensive, not a good place to hang out. Look at DFW/SGN, it is even cheaper that DFW/NRT and you go through NRT to get to SGN.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Good to see all of the new business AA will be receiving from travelers adding additional flights to reach their specific goals. Due to this promotion and similar previous one, AA has received an additional 50K that I otherwise would not have spent. Our company spent 50K to make all of our employees EXP. I must say all of our employees are pleased, very happy, traveling first class on all of their non eagle flights.

I'm also sorry to say we created a couple of monsters too! Addicted to miles and mileage runs.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
EXP by Christmas!!!

This is a sweet deal for me as now I have all of my trips planned for the rest of the year and I will just make EXP by the closest of margins (610 miles). All I have to do is go home every weekend from my job in Houston and I'll be set (IAH-DFW-LAX-DFW-IAH gets 6940 EQM for each RT).

Then I won't have to pay for any of those upgrades on my 2010 trips
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Priority Gold, National Executive
My first true mileage run.

Originally Posted by aktchi
One can only envy those who live in such corners of the country! Not often do you see this at ORD.
No, but I just booked my first MR: ORD-BOS-SFO-BOS-ORD for $418.40 ai. I was planning on doing two MR ORD-SEA and it would have cost me at least $480. This was a much better deal because it gets me the miles I need for the 125K bonus and I can do it in a little more than 24 hrs. I will be EXP by then so hopefully, the upgrades clear. Does anyone know if the BOS-SFO-BOS transcons are tough ones for upgrading?

Now I just need to decide which two bonuses to pick!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by onthewineroute
No, but I just booked my first MR: ORD-BOS-SFO-BOS-ORD for $418.40 ai.
This is 7K miles for about $500. The FLL-SFO-FLL would be 5K for $200. That's all I meant when I said "those guys" get better deals. We live where we do and have to make the best of it. Congratulations on your run. Send me pm if those unneeded swu's begin to bother you.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:15 pm

Reality check needed

I was not contemplating requalifying for EXP this year and am sitting on a measly 33000 EQMs. AAs ploy is working eating like a cancerous growth into my brain.

This is what I am contemplating above and beyond necessary travel- someone bring me back to earth

SCL-MIA-MDE-MIA-LAS-DFW-HNL-SYD-MEL-SYD-HNL-LAX-JFK-YUL-MIA-BOG-MIA-SCL over a period of 16 days which will yield 67000 EQMs and push me over 125000 EQMs

Cost will be $2600, have 2 eVIPs to upgrade SCL-MIA-MDE and BOG-MIA-SCL, upgrading MDE-MIA and MIA-BOG will cost 8000 miles x 2 (no copay). All the other segments should upgrade with EXP status (the fare books into B inventory) Only segments in Y should be HNL-SYD-MEL-SYD-HNL

Will get EXP for another year = 8 eViIPs,78000 RDMs plus 50000 from the Elite bonus = net 112000 redeemable miles after deducting 16000 used for upgrades.

The money I can afford. the time I have got, MDE,BOG,YUL and LAS I do like visiting - but is this in any way justifiable????

Would appreciate any comments/commitment papers from board certified Psychiatrist
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Now all we need is a triple RDM offer and a great fare, and we can realy rock and roll!

+1

Whoo, baby. Kobe vs. LeBron. A triple-double!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Priority Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by noneemac

+2. What's with all the smug, snippy comments, anyway? Every time I fly in steerage and pass through F, I take a close look at the F deinzens. I KNOW I'm seeing a lot of Upgrade Lites.
How do you know they are "Upgrade Lites"? Just because I don't wear a suit and tie and I have an Ugly Doll on my computer bag does not mean I am not going to earn EXP the hard way. I'm getting to EXP this year the hard way, DBEQM is just helping me get to 125K for the extra goodies.

90 segments and counting......
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
The money I can afford. the time I have got, MDE,BOG,YUL and LAS I do like visiting - but is this in any way justifiable???
COMPLETELY! Go for it. I have the time but not the money otherwise I'd be doing something similar to requalify for EXP. Unfortunately I'll be suffering withdrawal symptoms come March next year
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
C'mon bring back TRDM to BOS

I'm a little bummed: I flew LAX-BOS on the evening of the first and back yesterday morning. Had no chance to read about this until I was back on the ground in LAX
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Er, HNL-SYD-MEL-SYD-HNL?

As to the alleged or possible lack of sanity, what FT member worth his / her miles would be qualified to say?

Double Elite-Qualifying Miles Offer Terms and Conditions:

Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel, but do count toward qualification for AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® status. AAdvantage elite-qualifying double mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® marketed and operated flights between September 2, 2009, and December 15, 2009, regardless of when the ticket was booked or purchased. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. Registration prior to travel is required. This offer does not increment the member's elite-qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be deposited into the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after travel is posted to your account.

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I was not contemplating requalifying for EXP this year and am sitting on a measly 33000 EQMs. AAs ploy is working eating like a cancerous growth into my brain.

This is what I am contemplating above and beyond necessary travel- someone bring me back to earth

SCL-MIA-MDE-MIA-LAS-DFW-HNL-SYD-MEL-SYD-HNL-LAX-JFK-YUL-MIA-BOG-MIA-SCL over a period of 16 days which will yield 67000 EQMs and push me over 125000 EQMs

Cost will be $2600, have 2 eVIPs to upgrade SCL-MIA-MDE and BOG-MIA-SCL, upgrading MDE-MIA and MIA-BOG will cost 8000 miles x 2 (no copay). All the other segments should upgrade with EXP status (the fare books into B inventory) Only segments in Y should be HNL-SYD-MEL-SYD-HNL

Will get EXP for another year = 8 eViIPs,78000 RDMs plus 50000 from the Elite bonus = net 112000 redeemable miles after deducting 16000 used for upgrades.

The money I can afford. the time I have got, MDE,BOG,YUL and LAS I do like visiting - but is this in any way justifiable????

Would appreciate any comments/commitment papers from board certified Psychiatrist
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Er, HNL-SYD-MEL-SYD-HNL?

As to the alleged or possible lack of sanity, what FT member worth his / her miles would be qualified to say?

[/B]
Sorry I should have added that I have factored into my calculations that the segments operated by QF will not earn DEQMs.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPGold, DL Gold Medallion, Avis Presidential, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TigerWould
Due to this promotion and similar previous one, AA has received an additional 50K that I otherwise would not have spent. Our company spent 50K to make all of our employees EXP. I must say all of our employees are pleased, very happy, traveling first class on all of their non eagle flights.

I'm also sorry to say we created a couple of monsters too! Addicted to miles and mileage runs.
Wait a minute...

Maybe I'm misreading this. Maybe you're saying that your company just happened to choose AA (over some other airline... many of which were/are doing DBEQM promotions themselves) because of these promotions. But what I think I'm reading is that your company spent 50k to send all its employees on MRs during the double EQM promotions?

First of all, how is this not totally insane? How can any company justify this as a legitimate operating expense? How can they justify the time expenditure of having employees take unnecessary flights?

I mean, most of us do this as a hobby. I don't think I know anyone whose company pays them to take MRs and earn status.

Second, if this is really true, it feels a bit (not entirely... just a bit) like an abuse of the system. Having a company pump some number of employees into the Aadvantage elite system seems bit much. I'm not so concerned about individual hobbyists, FT members, and business travelers "diluting" the EXP pool. But this is a whole different story.

[Posted from the air using GoGo, EWR-LAX.]
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by aktchi
From DFW, AA has lots of fares to various European cities, from Istanbul to Stockholm, all 9K-10K miles and $650-$700.
Wouldn't you expect those to drop some as we get closer to winter? I didn't pay that much for any of my Europe trips earlier this year from SFO. I recall the cheaper winter fares didn't kick in until Nov 1 last year. Now that AA isn't allowing free rollovers it's something to consider.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Second, if this is really true, it feels a bit (not entirely... just a bit) like an abuse of the system. Having a company pump some number of employees into the Aadvantage elite system seems bit much. I'm not so concerned about individual hobbyists, FT members, and business travelers "diluting" the EXP pool. But this is a whole different story.
This is as opposed to the companies that get elite status comped to their flyers for being a part of that company? At least this one is paying for tickets...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.