Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by jmoskal
Please help me with this new promotion.

I am flying this Friday JFK-LHR and returning LHR-JFK on Monday. My fare code is "I" business class. So far I am signed up for the following:

PLT Challenge( return leg will be the leg that qualifies me to PLT; given not signed up with any other promotion)

In addition I am registered for the following promotions:

1.) Double Miles for NY area residents
2.) This new promotion of DBLEQ.

What should I expect to be posted in miles...and does this mean I can make PLT now on the outbound leg to LHR.

You help is appreciated.
Can you post the link for the NY promo?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:26 pm

Can someone tell me if N fares get full or partial EQM?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Panamajon513

Pretty surprised I can't get a direct flight to PHX though but so happy to be EXP!
If = MIA (guessing from your profile), then the MIA-PHX nonstop resumes on Nov 19.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by jmoskal
Please help me with this new promotion.

I am flying this Friday JFK-LHR and returning LHR-JFK on Monday. My fare code is "I" business class. So far I am signed up for the following:

PLT Challenge( return leg will be the leg that qualifies me to PLT; given not signed up with any other promotion)

In addition I am registered for the following promotions:

1.) Double Miles for NY area residents
2.) This new promotion of DBLEQ.

What should I expect to be posted in miles...and does this mean I can make PLT now on the outbound leg to LHR.

You help is appreciated.
The NYDBL promo for NY residents is for redeemable (RDM) miles only and has no impact on elite status, whether it's for a challenge or otherwise.

In the terms and conditions of the DBLEQ promo, it states that it only doubles the elite qualifying miles, not the points earned and Challenges are based on points not miles. Rather than go into all about Challenges here, there's a great thread at the top of the forum with all sorts of Challenge related info.

Last edited by kremedonut; Sep 2, 2009 at 7:56 pm Reason: Correct DBLEQ for miles only.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by farrish11
If = MIA (guessing from your profile), then the MIA-PHX nonstop resumes on Nov 19.
Thank you for the tip. Why was it suspended?

Unfortunately, my next MIA-PHX trip is for the last week of October, but it is good to know for the future.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by badjuju
see post #128

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12322796-post128.html

I don't think AA has fares that offer partial EQM.

With two doublt EQM promotions this year, all my family members will be EXP.

What do you think of the chance of clearing upgrades when all five of us traveling together on domestic flights?

Maybe we ought to use the eVIPs and not waiting for the sticker upgrades.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by badjuju
Yes, aa.com can

https://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do...anAirlines.jsp
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I had already done my own work. I was just trying to see if someone would have come up with different answers than I did. I had some doubts about how the promotions worked.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:01 pm

This is great news as it will allow me to qualify for EXP next year. I missed a RT J ticket earlier this summer by one day, as my ticket was booked from JFK to EBB (Entebe, Uganda) on the day that the earlier promo went into effect.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Excellent!

I was going to finish the year at 122k, but would have take a look at breaking 125k if AA offered another threshold bonus at 125k.

With this offer, I dont have to as I've got a transpac trip booked already for Labor day which will put me neatly over the mark. ^

Very generous of AA to allow this offer to apply to already-booked tickets. It does seem like it's meant to help more members re-qualify than to drive new revenue.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by ilovetofly
see post #128

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12322796-post128.html

I don't think AA has fares that offer partial EQM.

With two doublt EQM promotions this year, all my family members will be EXP.

What do you think of the chance of clearing upgrades when all five of us traveling together on domestic flights?

Maybe we ought to use the eVIPs and not waiting for the sticker upgrades.
Originally Posted by britenbsas

Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Dumb question

Sorry, I realize I should know this by now, given the past DEQM promos, but I forgot and couldn't find the answer. On short flights, does the 500 mile minimum get doubled to 1000 or is it only the actual miles that get doubled? Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Sorry, I realize I should know this by now, given the past DEQM promos, but I forgot and couldn't find the answer. On short flights, does the 500 mile minimum get doubled to 1000 or is it only the actual miles that get doubled? Thanks.
you'll get 1000 per flight.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by aktchi
According to Farecompare, the best AA deal (miles/cost) is to SGN: approx 18000 miles for $730 plus change.

The DEQM part would only be DFW-NRT, but that is the much longer leg and the JL codeshare to SGN would still earn 5000+ miles for $100 extra.

In all about 31000 EQM for $730. All numbers are from memory and hence approximate.

WAIT -- sorry, I keep reading but still not getting it -- must be AA or AE metal or is an AA flight number (Alaska metal) okay? This means I'd need to re-route my fights through DFW or LAX to take full advantage of the DEQM? (I usually connect through SEA)
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by fishee
WAIT -- sorry, I keep reading but still not getting it -- must be AA or AE metal or is an AA flight number (Alaska metal) okay? This means I'd need to re-route my fights through DFW or LAX to take full advantage of the DEQM? (I usually connect through SEA)
"AAdvantage elite-qualifying double mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® marketed and operated flights between September 2, 2009, and December 15, 2009..."

From AA.com - bold is my emphasis...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.