FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:52 pm
Flyer_70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I will let you know if I get anything different. Great of you to follow up on this!!! I'm thinking of just emailing them to get something in "writing".

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Did you ever call AA back and get a response on this? It probably behooves us as a community to get more than one person to corroborate the post. Although I'm not admitting to being a liar , something as important as this needs more scrutiny to put our collective minds at rest.

FWIW, I called the AA number on the back of my gold card. I spoke with a guy about the DBLEQ thing, and he was able to reassure me that it would count for this year's elite qualification even if the double miles posted after 2009 ended. When asked about ELTRW, he was not so sure. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes because he said he wanted to ask a colleague. When he came back, he said he got more information than he needed to answer my question, and that's when he explained the rationale to me about AA wanting to avoid lazy non-checkers from giving them trouble. However, as much as I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I would not risk my reputation in the off-chance that perhaps the AA agent was lazy himself and decided to say stuff to appease me, or that he honestly didn't know and just said whatever. (This has happened to me with AT&T so I'm vary wary about verbal communication)

If you do find anything, prove or disprove, can you please post it here so the rest of us will know?

Thanks!