FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:56 pm
Flyer_70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
You are earning your *status* faster, you are not earning your *miles* faster. So no, you are not being shorted any stickers. You are being granted EXP status faster (which means, hehe, no stickers).

This is the way I look at it and for sure, if no promo, I would have a few more stickers. But I would have no SWUs or free upgrades or whatever.

What are you talking about regarding the "pro-rated" stickers?

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Yes, that's what I meant to say: you get stickers for BIS miles; you get DEQMs during the promo at a rate of 2 EQM to 1 BISM. So March 15-June 15 and Sept 2-Dec 15 you earn half as many miles toward upgrades as EQM. For 100K BIS miles that would be 40 stickers; I'll hit EXP after flying about 68.5K BIS miles this year, so will have earned only 20 stickers before qualifying out of sticker-earning PLT territory -- fewer, actually, because I was short at the end of February and didn't call to get the pro-rated stickers. So though I'll finish out the year at just under 100K BIS miles, I won't acquire stickers after sometime next week, when I roll over 100K EQM.

Or will I? Seems unlikely to me.