Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:50 am

"Still, I imagine from AA's point of view, they are experiencing a lack of real elites due to the economy and are doing these promotions to keep the ranks at about an even level. "

I see no sense in making more people EXP--I even will make it for the first time since they had the platinum vip many years ago.
As a result AA will lose out on the electronic upgrades I use for my 75k of flying and give me 8 swu's as well.
I have not done any more flying this year than most of the last 20--but with the bonus given twice this year--not hard to go from 75k to 100k.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:00 am

OK so I got my DEQM email on 10/10 and waited through the weekend for the system to update. I checked this morning, and saw my EWR-LAX flight from 10/8 posted, but no DEQM. So by the same math, my DEQM should appear in my account 10/14, 4 days after?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:26 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mchristsen
OK so I got my DEQM email on 10/10 and waited through the weekend for the system to update. I checked this morning, and saw my EWR-LAX flight from 10/8 posted, but no DEQM. So by the same math, my DEQM should appear in my account 10/14, 4 days after?
I think the DBLEQ post in batches. Mine "posted" (the eqm increased) about 10 days ago, the email generally follows later on.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Will AA take back DBLEQM miles, if flight activity in your account is reversed after the DBLEQMs post?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 4:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zybysky
Will AA take back DBLEQM miles, if flight activity in your account is reversed after the DBLEQMs post?
Well, they will take back the RDM, of course. I'm pretty sure that they'll take back the first (normal) set of EQM since these are also an automated process. I would think that it would require manual intervention to remove the second (promotional) set of EQM. My gut feeling on this last set is No, but I have nothing concrete to base this on.

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Originally Posted by nrr
I think the DBLEQ post in batches. Mine "posted" (the eqm increased) about 10 days ago, the email generally follows later on.
And it looks as if those "batches" coincide with when they roll your online statement for each month. The first batch occurred when they finished the "October" posting. If that is the case, then I would expect that they will do the next one on or about 11/8/09 or whenever they do the "November" posting.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
Thanks to the DEQM promo, after my return flight on 10 Dec, I'll have the 25k miles - how long will it take them to process my elevation to Gold status?

I'm flying out again in early Jan, and would like to avoid bag check tariffs.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
Well I received the email with no increase in EQM. Will see what happens.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Originally Posted by AA_CPA
Thanks to the DEQM promo, after my return flight on 10 Dec, I'll have the 25k miles - how long will it take them to process my elevation to Gold status?

I'm flying out again in early Jan, and would like to avoid bag check tariffs.
As soon as your flights post, GLD will appear on your account. You should easily be GLD before your January flights.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM)
Originally Posted by vail
"Still, I imagine from AA's point of view, they are experiencing a lack of real elites due to the economy and are doing these promotions to keep the ranks at about an even level. "

I see no sense in making more people EXP--I even will make it for the first time since they had the platinum vip many years ago.
As a result AA will lose out on the electronic upgrades I use for my 75k of flying and give me 8 swu's as well.
I have not done any more flying this year than most of the last 20--but with the bonus given twice this year--not hard to go from 75k to 100k.
It has been said before that the purpose of the promotion is to encourage travel (aka revenue for AA). As a PLT flyer, I only had one more short trip planned in December. Instead, I just came back from a weekend in FRA with my mom. AA got $1780.00 in fares and $500.00 more for an upgrade into business class for the return flight. Whether AA really made money or not from my trip is debatable, but they certainly got $2280 from me out of this promotion (and I should make it as an EXP by year's end).

Furthermore, I'm now considering another MR to qualify for the ELTRW rewards. This MR could give around $900.00 in revenue to AA. Sad for me, isn't it?

Granted, my personal contribution to AA revenue is insignificant, but multiply my situation in the scale that AA manages and I'm sure that a large number will come up.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:36 pm

OK So I have a dumb question after analysing my account for September and October, do the DBEQM appear as a line item in the mileage accural detail, or does your EQM number just increment with the bonus?

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
OK So I have a dumb question after analysing my account for September and October, do the DBEQM appear as a line item in the mileage accural detail, or does your EQM number just increment with the bonus?

Thanks
It will just show up as an increase in your EQM with no explanation. You should be keeping track with a spreadsheet to know which flights will be included by the end of the program. As was mentioned earlier, they appear to be doing the posting in "batches" that coincide with the monthly roll on your online account.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by stu52
It will just show up as an increase in your EQM with no explanation. You should be keeping track with a spreadsheet to know which flights will be included by the end of the program. As was mentioned earlier, they appear to be doing the posting in "batches" that coincide with the monthly roll on your online account.
I went through and added all the mileage into a spreadsheet and saw the unexplained increase in EQM. So thanks for the guidence.

M
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:12 am

two quick questions on AA

Hi,
Have 87K EQMs this year. Have a return flight JFK-NRT-JFK from Dec 15 - Jan7.

1) As JFK-NRT is 6,700+ miles and DEQM is until Dec 15th, the outbound leg should net me double EQM and therefore put me over EXP, correct? Just want to be sure as the ticket is booked as a RT and don't want to get snagged in some silly loophole like, well the flight arrives in NRT on Dec 16th or something like that
2) Assuming I make EXP - any experience/ideas on when I would get eVIPs awarded and if it's a possibility for the return on Jan 7th?

thanks,
MTG
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
Hi,
Have 87K EQMs this year. Have a return flight JFK-NRT-JFK from Dec 15 - Jan7.

1) As JFK-NRT is 6,700+ miles and DEQM is until Dec 15th, the outbound leg should net me double EQM and therefore put me over EXP, correct? Just want to be sure as the ticket is booked as a RT and don't want to get snagged in some silly loophole like, well the flight arrives in NRT on Dec 16th or something like that
2) Assuming I make EXP - any experience/ideas on when I would get eVIPs awarded and if it's a possibility for the return on Jan 7th?

thanks,
MTG
1) I think you will get the DEQM on the JFK-NRT leg.
2) Getting the eVIPs in your account I think occurs the following Monday when you reach 100k EQMs. But the big gotcha is will the DEQM batch job run in time for your return? It has taken over 8 weeks sometimes in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.