FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:17 pm
photodave

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by MIAtraveler83
Hey everyone ... this is my first thread and I am a new member as of today. I've been platinum for two years now and was gold for two years prior. I'm pretty young, but have a job that requires me to travel monthly. I was traveling mostly domestic (aside from vacation) until the beginning of this year when I started traveling mostly international. I actually started flying Lufthansa because I was told I'd be going to Germany 4 times and at first I likd what I read about the airline and Star Alliance overall. Its a pain in a half to get any status with them, so in April it was back to AA for me. I had only travel to London r/t and NYC on AA up until about April (and I wish that hadn't been the case b/c I flew on Lufthansa to Germany twice and all throughout the Middle East), but ever since then, I've flown AA r/t to London, France, and Germany.

From the start of this promo, I did a Germany r/t and now have Russia r/t this upcoming week, Spain the week after Thxgiving, and Costa Rica on Dec 11th... I'll actually have flown enough by the time I return from Spain on Dec 4th (about 108k actually when calculating the DEQM for the upcoming trips) and then the r/t to Costa Rica ... pretty excited about EXP, though I think I would have actually made it because I was willing to travel r/t to Tokyo for sushi just for the 15k LOLOL...haha!

I'll be looking forward to seeing the official status once all the miles post, though I'll be in no rush from mid-Dec through the rest of '09 since I will not be traveling abroad until mid Jan ... hopefully by then the SWU will have kicked in and I'm just hoping I don't burn through those before June!
Welcome to Flyertalk and prospective EXP status!