-Stevy Wonder
Old Sep 23, 2004, 6:24 pm

Programs: HHonors-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum,NW-Plat
and the beer

Originally Posted by chartreuse
It was the beard, honest!
Old Sep 30, 2004, 2:15 pm

Dr. Ruth

Dr. Ruth on LGA - DFW on AA yesterday morning. Her voice was more recognizable than her face. She sat in the bulkhead window of the first class section of the MD80 but spent part of the flight back in coach.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
Double Standard?

Originally Posted by wildblue
Dr. Ruth on LGA - DFW on AA yesterday morning. Her voice was more recognizable than her face. She sat in the bulkhead window of the first class section of the MD80 but spent part of the flight back in coach.

Does that mean Dr. Ruth wasn't admonished by the pilot, or FA's for walking between the two cabins?
Old Sep 30, 2004, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold / Hilton / Hertz / KLM
Samuel L. Jackson & John Q. Reilly (think that's his name....was in 'Chicago') both on AA 4 lax/jfk in F
Old Sep 30, 2004, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Plt; and B6
On AA 265 on 9/24 from jfk/san
Herman Edwards, the head coach of the NY Jets

I guess after beating the chargers the week before, he had to spend his off week visiting san diego
Old Sep 30, 2004, 5:29 pm

CHG-LAX jAYNE SEYMOUR, very nice lady was reading the Star when we got on! Guess she clipped an article about her out of it while we were flying.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Dennis Eckersley

September, BOS-SFO, on his way to a baseball card show signing and home. He's a commentator on a Boston Red Sox pre-game show.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Dennis Eckersley II

For the baseball challenged, I should have noted that he's in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Double Standard Indeed!

Originally Posted by CA Platinum
Does that mean Dr. Ruth wasn't admonished by the pilot, or FA's for walking between the two cabins?
I saw her on a ORD-LGA fligth were she had four large carry-on bags.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 10:30 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Fred Thompson

Former actor, former senator, now actor again.

BNA-LGA on 9/29/04 on AA1088 in F.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Diana Ross

9/26 LHR - JFK

If her hair wasn't so humongous, she probably could have gone unnoticed.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
All in F:

I have seen Bob Costas many times on a STL to LAX flight.

Sat across the aisle from two of the Lollipop Kids (Wizard of Oz) late last year.

Also sat behind Spike Lee on a STL to LAX flight. Tried to ask the FA what exactly was on the pizza snack. When she couldn't identify the topping, he became enraged. I said in a pretty loud voice to the guy next to me, "Welcome to commercial airline food buddy." He passed on the pizza.

In the TWA days, I sat next to a guy on the PIT to STL flight. He asked me my opinion about a made for TV movie about the affair Thomas Jefferson had with one of his slaves. After a brief diatribe by your's truly about how annoying Sunday night network movies are and some other fairly negative comments, he announced that he was the director of the movie and he had just given a lecture to film students at Carnegie Mellon University. Apparantly, he is a former Hill Street Blues or St. Elsewhere (or some other TV show that I never watched) star turned director. Despite my making a complete fool of myself, he graciously helped me remove my foot from my mouth and we talked about the historical background of the movie for the rest of the flight.

I certainly learned my lesson from that flight. I always find out who I am sitting next to before I run my fat yap.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Its (obviously) been a few years but more interesting than the film and sports stars were Sen Julian Bond (Delta, Dallas to El Paso), and Col. Harlan Sanders (AA, Louisville to LA).

And, last November, was sitting in biz on an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Heathrow and Bono comes and sits down beside me. Just him, no entourage, the teen aged girl across the aisle needed smelling salts. Very friendly and easy going.

Last edited by bbkenney; Oct 1, 2004 at 10:10 pm
Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bbkenney
And, last November, was sitting in biz on an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Heathrow and Bono comes and sits down beside me. Just him, no entourage, the teen aged girl across the aisle needed smelling salts. Very friendly and easy going.
I'm officially jealous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.