Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:08 am

Shawn and Keenen Ivory Wayans checking in at the first class counter (them, not me) at SFO yesterday evening. They were pretty far from me, so no chance to say anything. The agent helping me didn't seem to have a clue who they were, though I got the impression the person helping them did.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by engineroom
personally, i am also very allergic to dogs, and have always dreaded the possibility of sitting down next to some one has their dog in a carrier (or much worse wrapped up in their coat!).

animals, other than service ones, are not allowed in most public transportation (any others that I can think of, in any city or country i have ever been in), you can't bring your dog in lots of other public places, museums, restaurants in many municipalities, etc. why on earth would you bring one into a small cramped environment? that is just rude and inconsiderate to other people. i pay to fly with humans (many admitedly have their own hygenic problems) not on a flying zoo.
In San Francisco, where I live, dogs are allowed on public transportation.

I am allergic to many perfumes and colognes, and have to ask to be reseated if someone is wearing too much. It's all part of dealing with travel on a public carrier.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
October 8, 2004 - The date of 2nd presidential debate

AA 421 LGA - STL

News Anchors - Brian Williams and Anderson Cooper

Last edited by ilovetofly; Oct 26, 2004 at 9:52 pm
Old Oct 25, 2004, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HiltonHonors Diamond
Two in One

Sunday, October 24th at DFW, Terminal A in the AA First Class/Group 1
Security Line:

1. The blokes from Star Trek: TNG - characters Lt. Worf, Q and Data.

2. Blythe Danner-Paltrow - Gwyneth's mother. Had a wonderful
conversation with her - classy lady and funny to boot.

Cheers,
Parkesy
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA-Lifetime Gold
Smile

Sept. 22 - LAX Flagship lounge. Diana Ross waiting for her flight to LHR. She looked great but I was glad she wasn't on our LHR flight (which left later). No entourage.

Oct. 12. ORD to SFO - Cubs manager Dusty Baker
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
October 8, 2004 - The date of 2nd presidential debate

AA 421 LGA - STL

News Anchors - Brian Williams and Andrew Cooper
Do you mean ANDERSON Cooper?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by hoyateach
Do you mean ANDERSON Cooper?
Yes...where did "Andrew" come from..duh? Thanks for clarifying.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USairways Gold, Starwood, Hilton
umm.. I hope this counts..

Rob Schneider in F HNL-LAX. Later in the year I figured out he was shooting "50 first dates" over there... it was a redeye, and he's b-list, but everyone still did a double take upon seeing him.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
This morning, flying from FLL->LAX, sat next to Nick Cannon.

Don't feel bad, I didn't know who he was either, but he had his boarding pass out and a script in hand. On a call home, my tweenaged daughter chastised me for not knowing who he was and not getting an autograph.

Same flight, Victoria Jackson boards, sees empty seats in F, and tries to unboard so that she can see about an upgrade.. boards later and ends up in Y.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 8:10 pm

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Cool Randy White - DFW Terminal A - Sat 30 Oct

Was standing in the FC line in Terminal A @ DFW - processing my VP for my Frankfurt Mileage Run this past Saturday - 30 Oct.

Noticed this huge muscled bear of a man at the counter station next to me. Could not for the life of me figure out who he was; he looked like "someone"; but the name escaped me.

As he finished his check-in - he reached over and hugged the ticket agent, and she said something to the effect of "Thanks Mr. White - I'm glad I could help..." That's it- Randy White - formerly of the Dallas Cowboys (and ex-spokesman for Chevy Pickups in recent years).

I kicked myself for not getting a photo with Randy and I - as one of my friends is a rabid fan of Randy's and would have enjoyed the pic more than I ;-)

But - fate worked it's magic again -- as I walked towards the security line; I noticed Randy was at the "Last Chance" box filling out the form to mail home "contraband" items that security noticed during screening. It seemed his 9" buck knife aroused their attention and he was allowed to exit and mail the knife home via this convenient box near the security line.

As he completed his paperwork; I walked up and learned the story of his buck knife - I asked if it would OK to get a photo of him and I. He said "sure thing buddy", and had a few shots taken. By now, a small crowd has gathered, one lady asks -- "who is he?, someone famous?", as my partner explained who Randy was - the lady still didn't seem to recognize the name - but definitely didn't want to lose a chance to get a photo with someone "famous" ;-) -- Randy was a true good-heart and chatted with the lady a bit while a few photo's were taken of the two of them.

As we chatted a bit - it turns out - Randy is opening another of his BBQ places in our home town of McKinney next spring; He currently has 1 (or is it 2 now?) in North Dallas (i.e. Frisco); not too bad of food. Looks like I have another BBQ option at home now ;-)

Safe travels all,

Lord Z
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Ricky Martin, Almost

Flew JFK to LAX in F on AA 3 last Thursday and Ricky Martin was supposed to be on the flight. He got to JFK early and took AA 19, the 11 AM departure instead. Had he not made the flight, I would have been three for three with celebrity spottings on the JFK-LAX route this year.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 9:10 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA-Gold, IC-Amb
Morgan Fairchild, yesterday, XNA-DFW. She had been in Fayetteville for a production of The Graduate.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by macsheltie
Fayetteville
Or as the Captain of AA 51 I flew last year said, "We are currently passing over the World-Famous Fayetteville, AR, home of The University of Arkansas Razorbacks."
Old Nov 2, 2004, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by studley
Or as the Captain of AA 51 I flew last year said, "We are currently passing over the World-Famous Fayetteville, AR, home of The University of Arkansas Razorbacks."
Is that a baseball team?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:20 am

I thought the same thing. But evidently, they also play football and other sports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.