Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA1k
Ed Begley Jr once.... sitting in coach too!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by battia
Shouldn't he be riding his bike?

(i keed i keed)
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by battia
I guess coach could be considered more "Earth-friendly". First class is sooo wasteful!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:59 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Avis
So much better looking than on the screen

Sat next to Claire Danes last night returning (to LGA) from the film festival in Toronto. WOW!

Hi everybody!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 11:04 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Teddy_KGB
So much better looking than on the screen
I actually want to agree with your subject line. A little OT since I didn't see these people on a plane. But, I've seen Pierce Brosnan and Gwyneth Paltrow (separate occasions) while at concerts. Both look quite a bit better in real life than on the screen.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brp
...Pierce Brosnan and Gwyneth Paltrow...Both look quite a bit better in real life than on the screen....
WOW! They must REALLY have a hard time going out in public. The two of THEM looking quite a bit better in real life than on the screen is almost frightening!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 1:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mwhitted
WOW! They must REALLY have a hard time going out in public. The two of THEM looking quite a bit better in real life than on the screen is almost frightening!
Seeing Brosnan (at an event with the Dalai Lama) was just frustrating. Seeing Paltrow (at a Coldplay concert) was just, well...you know... . And both are very personable and friendly...but absolutely stunning in the flesh (and I really don't say that about guys).

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
"Mr 3000" on LAX-ORD

Bernie Mac was in the LAX Admirals Club and on flt 1364 LAX-ORD last Saturday, with his wife (or girlfriend, I don't know). What surprised me is that he was in a wheelchair before boarding, and had a LOT of oxygen with him. He only used it near the end of the flight, but AA had definitely taken "precautions"--against what, I don't know. More puzzling was that he didn't seem to be in bad shape.

At any rate, he was a very nice guy and very friendly to the F/As.

Aaron G.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:45 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by Trvlr
Bernie Mac was in the LAX Admirals Club and on flt 1364 LAX-ORD last Saturday, with his wife (or girlfriend, I don't know). What surprised me is that he was in a wheelchair before boarding, and had a LOT of oxygen with him. He only used it near the end of the flight, but AA had definitely taken "precautions"--against what, I don't know. More puzzling was that he didn't seem to be in bad shape.

At any rate, he was a very nice guy and very friendly to the F/As.

Aaron G.
Yes, and he looks in good shape on the cover of American Way this period. Maybe he's clostrophobic or has high anxiety, sometimes people that have that have those problems go for oxygen, it calms them down.

BTW, saw Willie Mays (again) on a flight from DFW-SFO a couple of months ago. It was nothing compared to sittng next to him the first time in FC, that was way cool.

CF
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Airpass, UA 1P, SPG Plat
I think the wheelchair/oxygen is because he is getting over pneumonia (did I spell that correctly?). It was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly that he has been using Oxygen tanks to stem the effects.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Phipps
I think the wheelchair/oxygen is because he is getting over pneumonia (did I spell that correctly?). It was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly that he has been using Oxygen tanks to stem the effects.
Ah, that explains it! Thanks for the info.

And yes, it's pneumonia

Aaron G.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
"Melrose Place" encounter during 9/11 weekend MR

Was completing my Platinum challenge this past 9/11 weekend with a redeye LAX-JFK mileage run and noticed one of those Hollywood columnists you see on E channel or Entertainment Tonight (I think) sitting across from me in Biz class. I think her name is Jeannie or Janice or something, not really sure.

Thought that was going to the extent of my "celebrity sighting" for that flight when all of a sudden these 2 college dudes sitting in the coach bulkhead row decided to storm up into First to chat with this blonde-haired lady sitting in the front row. Turns out it was Heather Locklear from Melrose Place and the new TV show LAX (ironic that we had just departed from there). It appears they were going up there just to schmooze and did this about 3-4 times throughout the flight. I think Heather was amused with the attention, but the flight attendants wanting nothing of it and finally decided to reprimand them. Not sure what was said, but could tell they were being scolded from all the fingers that were being pointed at them. I wonder what those guys thinking given the heightened awareness of 9/11 for that flight.

On the return flight back to LAX the next morning I was fortunate to receive a complimentary double OpUp to First and sat next to Kristen Davis from HBO's S&TC (also Melrose Place). I didn't want to disturb her, but she seemed really sweet and appreciative of the FA's service. I helped her with carryon from the overhead bin when we landed but that was about it. Slept most of the flight while she watched a movie on the personal DVD player. That was one the best flights I've had in a long time!
Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
At last - my chance to post

A couple weeks ago I was in the FL at ORD, enjoying a cigarette. A chap walked in & we had a very nice chat & a couple of drinks for 3/4 of an hour or so. When his flight was called we said goodbye & I said "Oh yeah, you mentioned you were an actor - have I seen any of your movies?" His reply - "Unlikely, I've done a lot of Star Trek." Me - "I'm a huge Trekkie!"

It was Alexander Siddig, Dr Julian Bashir in ST DS9 and Ajay in Reign of Fire. He said "It's the beard that fooled you isn't it"

So we swapped e-mail addys & agreed to meet up for a beer in London sometime.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chartreuse
A couple weeks ago I was in the FL at ORD, enjoying a cigarette. A chap walked in & we had a very nice chat & a couple of drinks for 3/4 of an hour or so. When his flight was called we said goodbye & I said "Oh yeah, you mentioned you were an actor - have I seen any of your movies?" His reply - "Unlikely, I've done a lot of Star Trek." Me - "I'm a huge Trekkie!"

It was Alexander Siddig, Dr Julian Bashir in ST DS9 and Ajay in Reign of Fire. He said "It's the beard that fooled you isn't it"

So we swapped e-mail addys & agreed to meet up for a beer in London sometime.
You sat beside Siddig for 45 minutes and didn't recognize him? Shame shame
Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Originally Posted by phoenixitc
You sat beside Siddig for 45 minutes and didn't recognize him? Shame shame
It was the beard, honest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.