Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2004, 9:54 pm

I meet our local congressmen on his way out of the Austin AC yesterday. Kind of a celeb
Old Jun 23, 2004, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Jimmy Carter

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Sorry to post it in the AA board since it wasn't an AA flight, but not a lot of celebs use Delta so there isn't a thread like this anywhere else.
I was actually on a DL ATL-CDG flight last month with Jimmy Carter and Ras sitting directly in front of me, and one of his secret service agents directly next to me in BE.

He was impressively nice, and went through the entire BE and coach cabins shaking everyone's hand before we took off. Of course, this meant we landed late, and I missed my connection, but oh well, at least I got to meet a former president!
Old Jun 23, 2004, 9:23 am

Programs: AA,DL,UA,US
Originally Posted by dspringer28
I meet our local congressmen on his way out of the Austin AC yesterday. Kind of a celeb
Lloyd Doggett is hardly a celeb
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, UA PE
Saw Andrea Martin on YYZ to LGA in March. Bumped into her at Au Bon Pain and exchanged "hello's". I am a big SCTV fan so it was kinda cool.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Prince Albert

Can't tell you the date, but I sat beside Prince Albert of Monoco on AA's flight from ORD to ARN (I hope that's the 3 letter for Stockholm!). Obviously pre 9/11 as the flight went away shortly thereafter.

I was in 2H and he in 2J. He took the unicef envelope out of the back of the menu and placed a 100 dollar bill in it. I thought hmmm?

I did not realize whom he was until the next day when chatting with the Premium Services lady. She said something to the effect of "you had a special guest beside you.... " Dumb me is like...who?? "Prince Albert!"

When I returned 2 days later.... Roger Ebert of (at the time) Siskel and Ebert was in 3D and I was in 2A.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stevie Wonder & Felicity

JFK-LAX on a Monday afternoon Stevie Wonder was in P (F) and I was in J. All my friends have been asking me if he saw me... I connected onto AS to Vancouver. On the way back, Felicity (Ms Russell, I think) was in F on AS from YVR to LAX. She got on with the coach passengers texting on her phone the whole time while waiting for the airplane.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by skylane
JFK-LAX on a Monday afternoon Stevie Wonder was in P (F) and I was in J. All my friends have been asking me if he saw me... I connected onto AS to Vancouver. On the way back, Felicity (Ms Russell, I think) was in F on AS from YVR to LAX. She got on with the coach passengers texting on her phone the whole time while waiting for the airplane.
Was Stevie late? He always was! :-)

I remember putting he and his crew on a DCA-ORD flight once. They had 4 F/C reservations but no tickets. We rushed them through security (pre 9/11) and got them on the plane. Two minutes prior to departure, someone figured out that they hadn't paid for their tickets yet. An agent ran up the jetway with his Amex Platinum card.... ran the 4 tickets, issued boarding cards, ran them through the reader and handed everything to the Captain through the cockpit window!

I still miss all the insanity of working at the airport somedays! :-)
Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisAtlanta
I was actually on a DL ATL-CDG flight last month with Jimmy Carter and Ras sitting directly in front of me, and one of his secret service agents directly next to me in BE.

He was impressively nice, and went through the entire BE and coach cabins shaking everyone's hand before we took off. Of course, this meant we landed late, and I missed my connection, but oh well, at least I got to meet a former president!

You're right. Former President Carter is a very nice man. My dad worked with the Atlanta Braves during the heyday. During the 1995 World Series after party, I was able to meet both he and Mrs. Carter. They are extremely nice people -- and boy do they love Braves Baseball.

It was an honor to meet a former President (even a Democrat lol). I'm surprised to hear that they're flying commercial, though. You'd think they'd charter with all the security concerns these days. Oh well. I guess former presidents don't make THAT much money. =)
Old Jun 24, 2004, 12:22 pm

Arriving at YYZ about three weeks ago, I was being honest as to my purpose for visiting Canada, and was promptly sent over to secondary inspection. Anyway, in the line ahead of me there was one of the guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" - the blond guy who is the most, ahem, "effervescent". I think his name is Carlson or something like that (he answered his phone and said his name), and coincidentally having seen the show that same week, recognized the theme song on his cell when it rang!!! He took about 15 minutes to be processed, lots of stamping and printing and folding big papers.... The lone elderly immigration guy had no clue as to who the guy was even though I overheard 'Carlson' explaining that he had a TV show, etc...

And not flying related - last week I saw actor John Stamos in the bathroom of the Kennedy Center here in DC during the intermission for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Saw him subsequently again walking towards his seat.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, AA 2M Miles (Llifetime Platinum)
LAX-EZE Diego Maradona
Old Jun 27, 2004, 1:13 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
Was Stevie late? He always was! :-)

I remember putting he and his crew on a DCA-ORD flight once. They had 4 F/C reservations but no tickets. We rushed them through security (pre 9/11) and got them on the plane. Two minutes prior to departure, someone figured out that they hadn't paid for their tickets yet. An agent ran up the jetway with his Amex Platinum card.... ran the 4 tickets, issued boarding cards, ran them through the reader and handed everything to the Captain through the cockpit window!
That's funny. I flew NCE-LHR on BD a few years ago connecting to UA LHR-SFO. On my NCE-LHR flight was Stevie and a few of his entourage. They were met by a UA concierge I knew at the BD gate and given a private van ride from T2 to T3; I was invited to take the same van (Stevie didn't know I was there ). Once at the UA RCC in T3, Stevie's crowd couldn't figure out if they were going to take the UA LHR-LAX, the NZ LHR-LAX (they actually went to both planes to check out the seating to see which would be better), UA LHR-JFK, or maybe stay in central London. UA's staff tried to be accommodating but Stevie's entourage just couldn't make up its mind about where and when to go. I missed the resolution as the SFO flight left... bummer!
Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Unhappy

Rick Fox LAX/FLL after the ThrePeat

Jim Hill (local LA sportscaster) & his scaggy looking female companion bumped us back to Y MIA/LAX when they showed up late after we'd been upgraded to their seats...
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:21 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Debbie Reynolds, 7/7 AA393 DTW-DFW
Derek Fisher (LA Lakers) 7/7 AA453 DFW-BUR
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plt; and B6
I must be lucky enough to only get tv celebs (lucky or cursed, they take up premium seats i could have otherwise had)

but my list includes regis philbin, sean hayes (jack from will and grace), david hyde pierce (niles from fraiser) and molly shannon from SNL

there've been others as well, considering these are the best i've seen, imagine how D list the rest are
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HardlyW8
I must be lucky enough to only get tv celebs (lucky or cursed, they take up premium seats i could have otherwise had)

but my list includes regis philbin, sean hayes (jack from will and grace), david hyde pierce (niles from fraiser) and molly shannon from SNL

there've been others as well, considering these are the best i've seen, imagine how D list the rest are
Regis not "A" list! The horror to think that my alma mata's most famous alum is not "A" list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.