Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 10:17 am

Edward James Olmas

Saw him on a flight from ORD to ROC. He was sitting next to me and acting like a big shot so I told him that every time my wife sees him on TV, she asks me "Is that Geraldo Rivera?"
Old Nov 8, 2004, 10:29 am

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Flew JFK to LAX in F on AA 3 last Thursday and Ricky Martin was supposed to be on the flight. He got to JFK early and took AA 19, the 11 AM departure instead. Had he not made the flight, I would have been three for three with celebrity spottings on the JFK-LAX route this year.
JFK-->LAX AA 001 11/6 Business Class of 762: Adam Carolla of "The Man Show"
ORD-->LAX AA 1319 10/17 First Class: Brett Butler of "Grace Under Fire" sitcom.
SFO-->JFK AA 178 11/5 First Class of 763: Willie Mays, legendary baseball player
Old Nov 8, 2004, 10:44 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
SFO-->JFK AA 178 11/5 First Class of 763: Willie Mays, legendary baseball player
Carolla has talked about the fact that he flies American on his Loveline radio show. One time he went into a ten-minute rant about how much he hates the AA JFK terminal.

(I've only been to JFK a few times, so I don't remember if there is more than one AA terminal, but it was whichever one he was flying out from.)
Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:42 am

BOS to LAX or was it DFW to LAX...whatever, a few months back "Carrottop" was sitting in front of me. Does that count as celbrity? =)
Old Nov 8, 2004, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by cnolan
BOS to LAX or was it DFW to LAX...whatever, a few months back "Carrottop" was sitting in front of me. Does that count as celbrity? =)
NO!
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:10 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
About a month ago, I saw former Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson and wife (both decked out in Prada), at LAX FL lounge. We were the only people at the FL that morning. Just so happens, ESPN was on with NFL highlights and his wife kept asking questions about players, teams, etc. Very nice man, I might add.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum, Southwest Airlines Preferred Plus
Reba

Reba McIntyre, unsuprisingly in F on BNA-LAX, last year I think I am sure she was going to film that awful television show. She was with her son.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:14 am

Jeff Greenfield...In Coach No Less!

At least he was in the first row, with his wife. He didn't seem too interested when the "60 Minutes" segment came on, so I guess he's not into scoping out what the competition is up to.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, CO
Talking

Originally Posted by cnolan
Does he smell?
Old Nov 9, 2004, 12:15 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Again!?

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Mays, again? Willie sure does get around a lot, no doubt he's Exec Plat. I seem to bump into him at least every other year on flights.

CF
Old Nov 9, 2004, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Was flying DFW->MIA a week ago and Mark Curry was at the bulkhead.

I seem to be running into a lot of celebrities recently but not recognizing them. On the trip, I told my wife "Hey, I think that guy is a comedian or a tv guy or something" and it was only last night that she remembered who he was.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 12:59 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by studley
I thought the same thing. But evidently, they also play football and other sports.
The University of Arkansas Razorbacks is the name of that college's sports teams. The captain of that flight must've been a fan or an alum.

As they say in the football stands there, "go pigs, sooooo-eeeeeey!"

...oink.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by hoyateach
The University of Arkansas Razorbacks is the name of that college's sports teams. The captain of that flight must've been a fan or an alum.
I know....I was being facetious.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Steve Finley Oct 28

He was on my flight from SJC-SAN Oct. 28. Not being a baseball fan I didn't recognize him, but did recognize the name (an Admirals Club person had pointed him out). Not a soul seemed to recognize him and he was treated like a regular guy the entire trip. And yes, it was an Eagle flight and he was somewhere in back.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:41 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by studley
I know....I was being facetious.
Um... I knew that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.