FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012
Old Oct 1, 2004, 9:20 pm
ekeifer

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
All in F:

I have seen Bob Costas many times on a STL to LAX flight.

Sat across the aisle from two of the Lollipop Kids (Wizard of Oz) late last year.

Also sat behind Spike Lee on a STL to LAX flight. Tried to ask the FA what exactly was on the pizza snack. When she couldn't identify the topping, he became enraged. I said in a pretty loud voice to the guy next to me, "Welcome to commercial airline food buddy." He passed on the pizza.

In the TWA days, I sat next to a guy on the PIT to STL flight. He asked me my opinion about a made for TV movie about the affair Thomas Jefferson had with one of his slaves. After a brief diatribe by your's truly about how annoying Sunday night network movies are and some other fairly negative comments, he announced that he was the director of the movie and he had just given a lecture to film students at Carnegie Mellon University. Apparantly, he is a former Hill Street Blues or St. Elsewhere (or some other TV show that I never watched) star turned director. Despite my making a complete fool of myself, he graciously helped me remove my foot from my mouth and we talked about the historical background of the movie for the rest of the flight.

I certainly learned my lesson from that flight. I always find out who I am sitting next to before I run my fat yap.